The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShellyBean

Worst episode EVER?

To be fair Howard was going on about it. Thats why they blew him off. I really liked speckerman too. Worst? Hard to tell, which speaks volumes for the consistent quality. But.. prob 4x23 finalie.

I actually agree with you Hazel (can't quote on my work PC) but I too hated the Dr. Stephanie episodes....wasn't a fan of that storyline. 

I actually agree with you Hazel (can't quote on my work PC) but I too hated the Dr. Stephanie episodes....wasn't a fan of that storyline.

I agree. Dr Stephanie just wasn't a particularly interesting character and was definitely the least funny of Leonard's dates; Leslie Winkle, Penny, Priya and Joyce Kim all had more comic potential.

Personally, I believe that the worst episode was 'The Griffin Equivalency'. I just think that despite being named in People magazine's list, Raj wouldn't have become that arrogant off the back of something like that. I didn't like how Raj was rude to Penny and the rest of the guys because Raj is my favourite character and I think they got his characterisation all wrong in that episode.

The itchy brain simulation. Leonard was stupid. Raj was pathetic. Sheldon was mean. Amy was spineless.

• Like 2

I agree. Dr Stephanie just wasn't a particularly interesting character and was definitely the least funny of Leonard's dates; Leslie Winkle, Penny, Priya and Joyce Kim all had more comic potential.

Personally, I believe that the worst episode was 'The Griffin Equivalency'. I just think that despite being named in People magazine's list, Raj wouldn't have become that arrogant off the back of something like that. I didn't like how Raj was rude to Penny and the rest of the guys because Raj is my favourite character and I think they got his characterisation all wrong in that episode.

Yet Raj is the creation of the writers so I don't see how the could get it wrong.

Yet Raj is the creation of the writers so I don't see how the could get it wrong.

Raj's character in that episode was inconsistent with his character in every other episode of the show. It didn't make sense to have him humble and unable to talk to women at one point, and then impossibly arrogant and being rude to Penny the next. Just because the writers created him doesn't mean that they can't make mistakes with characterisation. We've all seen the continuity errors they make on a regular basis and sometimes they make errors with characters as well. I don't think that episode advanced any of the characters in any way- we saw Sheldon being rude, Raj being rude, Penny being insulted and Leonard trying to keep control of the whole situation as usual. It was a poor episode.

Edited by Stewie99
  • Like 1

Yes but the premise of Raj, is his selective mutinism. But can talk to women while drunk. So while it may seem inconsistent with is character. It made sense he turned into a douche when he was drunk, it was funny and I think that is what the show was going for. Raj even when he was sober, was a douche to Leonard in the end, with is disengenious smile, so guess their is no difference with the guy.

They're all good. There is no "worst".

You're not true fans. :-P

Well a true fan, is loving and appreciating the show for what it is, the good and the bad just saying. 

• Like 1

The Scavenger Vortex (7.3) was pretty bad. *ducks flying shoes* 

And that my friends is what you call an minority lol. 

• Like 7

The Scavenger Vortex (7.3) was pretty bad. *ducks flying shoes* 

I also don't particularly like that episode.*Ducks flying shoes, Bricks and table lamps*

• Like 1

One last one would be the one where Penny gets hurt and Sheldon has to take her to the hospital and the other guys are out at some science thingy. The only funny part was Howard finding out he had sex with a cousin.

You don't think the "Is that my arm?" scene was funny?

Leonard + Penny, on 21 May 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

One last one would be the one where Penny gets hurt and Sheldon has to take her to the hospital and the other guys are out at some science thingy. The only funny part was Howard finding out he had sex with a cousin.

Yeah, I'm thinking this person just isn't a fan of the Penny/Sheldon dynamic, because this episode was absolutely priceless to me:

- Sheldon knocking on every door on his way to Penny

- Sheldon helping Penny get dressed ("Is that my arm?")

- The car scene (Sheldon attempting to drive / "The hero always peeks")

- The waiting room scene (filling out Penny's personal info / the creepy smile)

- "Injured and drugged is a kind of sick" + "Soft Kitty" as a round

I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan of the pot brownie storyline with the other guys, but it was a plausible way of keeping them out of the way for the Sheldon/Penny storyline.

• Like 1

I think he/she is a Lenny shipper ;). Not that it matters they are a couple on the show since the pilot, so ship away! As a Lenny shipper, the Sheldon/Penny Adhesive Duck scene, with "Is that my arm". Is stll the funniest thing this show has ever done. Platonic Shenny FTW!

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

8x2 "The Junior Professor Solution" was pretty bad. Very unfunny and predictable. They don't need to dedicate a whole episode to the fact that Howard and Sheldon don't really get along

8x2 "The Junior Professor Solution" was pretty bad. Very unfunny and predictable. They don't need to dedicate a whole episode to the fact that Howard and Sheldon don't really get along

I actually love Howard and Sheldon episodes.  I have some friendships like theirs - a lot of bickering and layers of snark, but underneath all that, there'd be a hole in my life without them.  :laugh: But admittedly part of my love of Howard/Sheldon scenes is because Jim and Simon are my favorites of the cast.

• Like 2

the Sheldon/Penny Adhesive Duck scene, with "Is that my arm". Is still the funniest thing this show has ever done.

I'm not sure I'd agree it's the funniest thing.

For me, Robotic Manipulation probably had the funniest scene of all.

Howard sat on the bed, twitching his toes, while Raj declares "A robot hand’s got a death grip on your junk, dude. That’s funny, ask anyone." is pretty damn funny.  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd agree it's the funniest thing.

For me, Robotic Manipulation probably had the funniest scene of all.

Howard sat on the bed, twitching his toes, while Raj declares "A robot hand’s got a death grip on your junk, dude. That’s funny, ask anyone." is pretty damn funny.  :icon_biggrin:

along with lady in emergency room "I'm sorry, we don't have code for robotic hand grasping a man's penis"  :icon_cheesygrin: 

• Like 2

Also, the look on Penny's face, when Amy announces she's had 128 artificially induced orgasms.  :icon_biggrin:

She's obviously jealous, she never had that many :D

• Like 3

It's hard to pick my least favorite episode. Season 2, as a whole, was pretty bad to me. I have a hard time watching a lot of those episodes, particularly the ones with Stephanie. 

More recently, I would have to say the worst is Itchy Brain.

• Like 1

Another one that I think I need to add to my list - even though it does contain a really beloved scene for me - is "The Thespian Catalyst."  The Raj-mooning-after-his-best-friend's-girl storyline (to the point that he was envisioning Howard dying so he could sleep with her!) was really creepy to me.  I can get crushing on your friend's S.O., but I felt like this was taken too far.

But I do really really love Sheldon and Penny acting together/"I think I broke your son."

Funny Season 2 is still my all time favorite season from the series. I loved Stephanie, always good seeing Leonard with someone whos not Penny haha, also seeing jealous Penny was refreshing. Season 2 gave the shows its mass appeal. With Leonard and Penny lime kiss scene, and Shenny hug. Well prob be the shows most famous scenes ever. Although I may have to add Shamy ILY, Mayim impressed the hell out of me in that scene. But yeah it is hard to isolate worst episode ever. Itchy Brain recently sure. But Johnny was awesome in that one, his expressions have always been one of the highlights for me. But overall Sheldon was a jerk in that one. And Leonard to go along with it yeah... But Classic between Lenny in the end, omg your back lol. Funny theirs alot of shows I go oh yeah I hated that episode, I can't see my self saying that about this show. Maybe the Slutbunny episode, but that was funny. Thing is with Big Bang, is even if the episode over all is bad, like Bath Item. Some of the classic scenes save it, kinda like Friends did. Maybe the Leonard and Penny break up episode, but I have to go with Season 4 finalie.  

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1