Knight Rider

WyoLars

• 5 years later...

I grew up watching a lot of these shows. I learned that:

KITT stood for Knight Industries Two Thousand

KARR stood for Knight Automated Roving Robot

FLAG stood for Foundation for Law And Government

KATE was a female version of KITT, but never appeared in any of the shows, just the Look-In magazine of the early 80s

I hated Knight Rider 2000, set in the future, but KITT was a big red car

I didn't like the reboot, with Michael's estranged son Mike taking control of a car whose voice was Val Kilmer instead of William Daniels, and I certainly didn't like the shape-shifting car.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I still watch the original series on reruns on saturdays at 11am. That show was my childhood next to ALF, Blossom & Sledge Hammer

Edited by Sursonica

There's only one true Knight Rider!! Hehe.

Original intro version: „Knight Rider – A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. (Pause) Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.“

The German intro is a bit different, here the speaker says: „Er kommt – Knight Rider – Ein Auto, ein Computer, ein Mann. (Pause) Knight Rider – Ein Mann und sein Auto kämpfen gegen das Unrecht.“ Translation: "Here he comes - Knight Rider - One car, one computer, one man. Knight Rider - a man and his car fighting against the injustice."

Loved the show. :)