The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lazyking

Will we ever Learn Penny's last name?

I'm thinking the reveal of Penny's last name will be big... just a feeling but I have no clue when it will happen.

what does everyone else think?

It could be something big. But the characters would already know her last name.

I'm thinking this is something that got away from Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. They could have done something with it earlier in the series. Now the moment may have passed for it to be an attention grabber. Just my opinion.

I'm not so sure that the characters would know except Leonard. They never intro her to new people as anything but Penny whereas Leonard and Sheldon have to be announced by full names because of their doctor titles

I'm not so sure that the characters would know except Leonard. They never intro her to new people as anything but Penny whereas Leonard and Sheldon have to be announced by full names because of their doctor titles

Leonard and Sheldon have both seen her mail. There is no reason think the others wouldn't also know her last name. It's not a secret. We, the audience, just haven't been told.

If her last name ever gets said, it should be revealed in the series finale and let it be subtly slipped into a conversation because it'd be weird to make a big deal out of something that was never a big deal on the show. Like, if there was an ongoing joke about it then that should've been done early on, but now it seems a too late for that and then it could've been done in a big way.

You can send mail without using a last name. I send things to "Mom" all the time. However, Sheldon would know her last name because he filled out the medical paperwork when they went to the emergency room for her shoulder. Leonard would probably know her last name since he used to steal her mail.

Penny is her stage name. Like "Sting" or "Prince". Changing your name when going into acting is almost a requirement. I still like Penelope Wanker for her real name.

Of course the guys know her last name.

I hope she gets a last name before the end of the series. It's just a small detail that irks me.

I'm thinking this is something that got away from Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. They could have done something with it earlier in the series. Now the moment may have passed for it to be an attention grabber. Just my opinion.

^ this is a very plausible possibility from HeWolf.

I'm hoping they reveal Penny's surname before the show's finale (whenever that may be) It would create a sense of closure with regards to Penny's character.

Time will tell, I guess.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

am I the only one who doesn't care at all about Penny's last name? I actually think it would be cool if we never know her last name, just like the "never seeing Howard's mom" thing.

I think the Howard's mom thing is way different, Howard's mom is used as comic relief..seeing her might change that. Knowing Penny's last name doesn't change any of that, its just a curious thing.

I think the Howard's mom thing is way different, Howard's mom is used as comic relief..seeing her might change that. Knowing Penny's last name doesn't change any of that, its just a curious thing.

I agree... I actually didn't like the brief glimpse we see of her on the roof after the wedding. Now, the concept of how fat she really is has been answered. And I must say, while she was a large woman, she isn't the grotesque Jabba-sized beast the other characters made her out to be. It actually makes some of the comments made about her by some of the characters on the show to be quite quite cruel.

I wish they didn't show her up there...

I agree... I actually didn't like the brief glimpse we see of her on the roof after the wedding. Now, the concept of how fat she really is has been answered. And I must say, while she was a large woman, she isn't the grotesque Jabba-sized beast the other characters made her out to be. It actually makes some of the comments made about her by some of the characters on the show to be quite quite cruel.

You could see her that clearly? I couldn't, not even in the still someone posted. It just seemed like a small red blur.

You could see her that clearly? I couldn't, not even in the still someone posted. It just seemed like a small red blur.

It was enough to see how large a woman she was.

We've heard many comments about her size: It would be easier to pick up a car, I took our love and threw it under his bus sized mother, you'd fall through the roof before you fall off it.

But, she wasn't *that* big. It goes from funny to making them all sound kinda douchey.

I'm thinking the reveal of Penny's last name will be big... just a feeling but I have no clue when it will happen.

what does everyone else think?

I think it would be a good idea to have the reveal at Leonard and Penny's eventual Wedding in the series finally in 3yrs!You know?Like when they had a build up for Kosmo Kramer on Seinfield.