In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

Is it weird..

MissNobodyx

Is 'wierd' just an ignorant way of spelling 'weird' or does this word actually exist in American English and does it mean something completely different?

GJK1966,

The Netherlands.

Or maybe it was a mistake?

But on another note, seriously taking time out of your life to point that out in such bad taste tells me you have too much free time, idiot.

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to be rude. An American colleague of mine pointed out that I shouldn't have used the word 'ignorant', which is a bit offensive.

Apparently, there's a rule in English: 'I before E except after C'; although I don't know how to explain the spelling of 'height', 'their', 'weigh', 'neither', et cetera.

I should have googled 'wierd' and it is explained quite well here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wierd

However, this site: http://www.wierdrecords.com made me ask the question in the first place...

Or maybe it was a mistake?

But on another note, seriously taking time out of your life to point that out in such bad taste tells me you have too much free time, idiot.

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to be rude. An American colleague of mine pointed out that I shouldn't have used the word 'ignorant', which is a bit offensive.

Apparently, there's a rule in English: 'I before E except after C'; although I don't know how to explain the spelling of 'height', 'their', 'weigh', 'neither', et cetera.

I should have googled 'wierd' and it is explained quite well here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wierd

However, this site: http://www.wierdrecords.com made me ask the question in the first place...

i before e, except after c, or when sounded as a, as in neighbor and weigh.

Doesn't explain either or neither. Its a goofy language.

Spending so much time watching a show that is ending it's 5th season to the point where you know all of the words to every episode is troubling. There has not been a show made that is so good that it is worth giving up such a large portion of your life to watch it....unless you have such a great memory that you only need to watch it once or twice.

Spelling aside, not really. It just means that like the rest of us you've got entirely too much time on your hands. I'd rather do this than something productive. I get tired of being a productive member of society and like to goof off entirely too often especially when I have a TBBT DVD available. Reminds me, I've got to order my DVD of season 5. I've already got the season pass but the DVD is just simply more convenient.

People take the word "ignorant" to be offensive, but they really shouldn't. They're just ignorant of what the word really means. =)

I'm certain I've unintentionally memorized huge chunks of episodes just by playing them in the background. I'm always on the computer doing all kinds of work, so I play TBBT for background noise. So no, I don't find it weird.

I'm certain I've unintentionally memorized huge chunks of episodes just by playing them in the background. I'm always on the computer doing all kinds of work, so I play TBBT for background noise. So no, I don't find it weird.

ME TOO

and about ingorance... it depends on your philospehy about the word, to see how bad it is. but the dictionary says

"Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy"

how bad that is... well you decide