The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BigBang

Would Howard cheat on Bernadette?

If a gorgeous model hits on Howard, will he cheat?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If a gorgeous model hits on Howard, will he cheat?

• Yes, he won't resist the temptation even at risk of getting caught
    • Yes, but only if he hopes he'll avoid getting caught
    • No, he won't want to hurt Bernadette that way

I was repulsed by Howard initially, now he's one of my favorites. I really like how far he came, and it turns out Howard can be quite sweet behind the sleeze...

What can I say, I'm a sucker for redemption stories! :icon_lol:

I wonder, though... Given the chance, do you think Howard would cheat on Bernadette? Will he be able to resist temptation, similar to Leonard not cheating on Pryia? Will he succumb instantly if a hot girl hits on him? Will it depend purely on the fear of getting caught?

Discuss! :icon_cheesygrin:

I think he would think about doing it, but I would hope he didn't, otherwise he just would go back to the same character he was in the beginning and all the "growth" that has happened especially this season.

I like to think Howard really changed... But I don't know. I really don't know.

That would be a good plot for next season, "Testing Howard Wolowitz". :icon_cheesygrin:

I voted Howard would cheat even if he could get caught. He Dreamed of being a Stud and wanted to Marry girls like Megan Fox or Halle Berry etc. Howard has Little Man's Disease and the need to prove he is a man.

I voted Howard would cheat if he thought he could get away with it. I'd love to think he wouldn't hurt Bernie... I'm not sure he'd be able to resist... On the other hand, he cherishes his relationship with Bernadette and wouldn't want to jeopardize it.

I keep flashing back to that scene when Howard was in a bathtub with Katee Sachkoff. He chose (at first) an imaginary evening with Katee instead of a real date with Bernadette, because Bernie wasn't hot enough.

And also, when Bernie wanted him to sign a prenap - it took Penny to convince Howard to agree to all Bernadette's terms because no other woman would want him.

So the question is, how much does Howard really love Bernie vs. how much does he feel he "settled"?

Howard wasn't imagining starbuck because she was hotter than Bernie in his mind (although that it what he claimed). It was quite obvious that he was suffering from 2 very typical male issues:

1) A lack of self confidence, and

2) A SERIOUS lack of self confidence

Ok, really, number 2 could be tied with committment issues and simply being scared of change. More to the point, he was desperately seeking a relationship but never thought he was worthy of it...hence his actions.

Bernie terrifies and confuses him...in all the right ways. Once he accepted that he was worthy of her affections, he changed for the better...or perhaps more correctly, the TRUE Wollowitz came out to play.

I don't think W will cheat on Bernie. He'll still be a perverted horndog, but he'll want Bernie to be in on everything. Faithful through and through!

Nope, he was lousy at chasing women. A massive failure! He may look, but he won't touch. He may even make a few jokes in the future about it but IMO he won't stray.

Hmmm.....well we haven't had the "Honeymoon Paradigm" episode yet so IMHO that will be Howard's "Go or No Go" test.It will be interesting to see what he does.I think Bernie in some "Victoria Secret" will seal the deal and maybe a little "Black Dress" on the side wouldn't hurt :icon_biggrin:

I am sure they will write in some dream scenes with Howie's girls when perhaps He and Bernie maybe have a spat or arguement but think it will be more of a conscience aspect for him to do the right thing.

Don't think He will cheat but as far as Bernie being "Hot" enough if the wedding dress didn't make your heart skip a beat then I say we burn the wardrobe dept. at the stake :icon_lol:

Don't think He will cheat but as far as Bernie being "Hot" enough if the wedding dress didn't make your heart skip a beat then I say we burn the wardrobe dept. at the stake :icon_lol:

Bernie, IMO, is the hottest girl on the show. Way hotter than Penny. But, I think if Bernie had Penny's IQ/Personality, then I would change that diagnosis.

Bernie, IMO, is the hottest girl on the show. Way hotter than Penny. But, I think if Bernie had Penny's IQ/Personality, then I would change that diagnosis.

"AGREED" 100% :icon_biggrin:

I don't think Howard would cheat on Bernadette.

Agree that Bernadette is hotter than Penny. She has a dark side, but Penny has a scary side. Plus, Bernadette has an ample bosom that Penny lacks.

Still say the 'cheater' in the group is Raj. Howard would be wise to keep a careful watch on his friend.

I voted Howard would cheat if he thought he could get away with it. I'd love to think he wouldn't hurt Bernie... I'm not sure he'd be able to resist... On the other hand, he cherishes his relationship with Bernadette and wouldn't want to jeopardize it.

I keep flashing back to that scene when Howard was in a bathtub with Katee Sachkoff. He chose (at first) an imaginary evening with Katee instead of a real date with Bernadette, because Bernie wasn't hot enough.

And also, when Bernie wanted him to sign a prenap - it took Penny to convince Howard to agree to all Bernadette's terms because no other woman would want him.

So the question is, how much does Howard really love Bernie vs. how much does he feel he "settled"?

The "sappy" part of me wants to believe that Howard is now and will always be so deeply in love with Bernadette that he will never even look at another woman. Hopefully his going to outer space will eradicate his feelings of inadequacy that he may have had because of Bernadette having a PHD or a higher paying job.

The cynical part of me remembers him giving Penny a teddy bear with a webcam in it so that he could spy on her, his bathtub scene, and his spending the night with the hooker in Las Vegas. Although I believe that people can change, I also believe that most likely if they do it is only temporary. Also it seems to me that Howard is one of those type of guys who is addicted to the chase and as far as women and sex is concerned, he is more interested in quantity then quality. In other words, the number of women you have slept with is much more important then the kind of women you have slept with, if that makes sense. I suspect that he is not one of those who believes that it is much better to have sex with someone you love 100 times then 100 different women.

Now that I am through vacillating, I think that I will come down on the side of "he won't cheat on Bernadette". My decision is influenced by pragmatism. It would hurt ratings if Howard cheated.

Howard is willing to cheat on Bernie, But doesn't have the ability. The type of women Howard would want to cheat with, don't want Howard.

So the answer might be Howard CAN'T cheat on Bernie

I could imagine that Howard would cheat on Bernadette. I wouldn't want it and it wouldn't be right for the show, but I wouldn't put it past Chuck and Bill. They seem to like the idea of doing annoying things just to stir things up.

... the story of Raj and Penny sleeping together came up. Chuck was so amused by how strong my reaction was that he was like, 'Well, now we have to do it!'

Who knows, it could spur on some growth and change and evolution of the characters which is apparently what the fans want.

Still say the 'cheater' in the group is Raj. Howard would be wise to keep a careful watch on his friend.

You think Raj still has the hots for Bernie?

Raj has the hots for any girl that gives him the time of day. I wouldn't trust Raj for one second.

I honestly don't think the writers will have Howard cheat on Bernadette. It is too 'dark' of a story for a sit-com like this.

I still voted yes, though, because I think it would be a big change for the show to take such a big risk with an angle like that.

So should Howard worry about Bernadette cheating with Raj, or Bernadette worry about Howard cheating with him? Only the show creators and writers know for sure.

I do. Raj has more than the hots for Beradette. In his mind he created a Raj/Bernie relationship. And when he thought she was going to dump Howard he tried to make a move on her. He may still be writing poems about her and his clarinette.

I hoped that the last scene of the season - Raj and Bernie holding hands because both were worried about Howard making it safely into space - indicated that Raj got over his crush on Bernie. Otherwise, wouldn't Raj be fantasizing about Howard getting stuck in space or blown up to bits or something, to free Bernie?

Nope, he was lousy at chasing women. A massive failure! He may look, but he won't touch. He may even make a few jokes in the future about it but IMO he won't stray.

Yup!!!

I hoped that the last scene of the season - Raj and Bernie holding hands because both were worried about Howard making it safely into space - indicated that Raj got over his crush on Bernie. Otherwise, wouldn't Raj be fantasizing about Howard getting stuck in space or blown up to bits or something, to free Bernie?

I hope he has gotten over her. But since he was writing poems about her, and fantasizing about Howard asking him to take over responsibilty for Bernadette's sexual happiness, I would suspect that he has not.