The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BigBang

Would Howard cheat on Bernadette?

If a gorgeous model hits on Howard, will he cheat?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If a gorgeous model hits on Howard, will he cheat?

• Yes, he won't resist the temptation even at risk of getting caught
    • Yes, but only if he hopes he'll avoid getting caught
    • No, he won't want to hurt Bernadette that way

@bang -in the sackhoff episode she pushed howard to

bernie. howard would not fine other girl to

like me, so he asked her to marry him.

how would penny take the news if he cheated,

bernie is her friend.

the father wanted the prenup.

i voted no --they are in love, he did not wanted

stripper at his bachelor party, he as

grown the most of the group.

@mjc45, I agree, Howard had grown the most of the group. The way he's portrayed now, it looks like he's a new man who wouldn't cheat. I wonder though if the writers will decide to rock the boat...

What's encouraging is that over 70% so far think Howard wouldn't cheat. Wow!

Who could have imagined back in season 1 that the audience will have such faith in Howard by the end of season 5? That's amazing progress!

What was the reason (or at least a large reason) for Howard's incessant leering, comments, ogling women and hitting on TONS of them? To put it frankly, he wanted sex.

From what we have seen, Bernadette takes care of that quite nicely. He has no need to stray, as he gets what he wants - a LOT.

Go Catholic Girls!

@mjc45, I agree, Howard had grown the most of the group. The way he's portrayed now, it looks like he's a new man who wouldn't cheat. I wonder though if the writers will decide to rock the boat...

What's encouraging is that over 70% so far think Howard wouldn't cheat. Wow!

Who could have imagined back in season 1 that the audience will have such faith in Howard by the end of season 5? That's amazing progress!

I think Howard really just wanted to find someone and settle down so I'm not surprised that 70% of us believe that he wont cheat on her.

Interesting topic, well, Howard has changed a lot for me to think that he would cheat on Bernadette, but who knows..what if he meets Katee Sackhoff one day?

When I started watching the show, I thought Howard would be the last one out of the guys to get married, he used to be a horny pervert till he met Bernadette, even through the relationship he cheated on her once when he had sex with that World of Warcraft troll. So yeah, all in all it's kinda weird to see him and Bernadette as husband and wife now, Howard has grown the most.

It will be interesting to see how the writers have Howard react the first time a Good Looking Girl is a guest star etc. That might determine the answer.

BTW in an interview Simon said one of the most enjoyable parts of playing Howard was Katee Sackhoff.

Yeah but Katee and Howard? :icon_lol:

I remember in season 2 (Vegas) when Leslie called him to say their casual sex affair was over, he burst in to tears. Sheldon quite rightly pointed out that this was a contradiction. If he had no emotional attachment, why was he crying? Howard was never 'The Falcon' as he liked to call himself and this is why it was so funny in the first place.

People only change when they themselves want to. It is possible that Howard has tasted the apple in his relationship with Bernadette and changed because he has realized on his own how wonderful a committed relationship is and doesn't want to go back to chasing skirts, especially considering how seldom he caught them. His apology after the bachelor party seems to indicate that but it is also easy for people to fall back into old habit patterns. This is something that addicts fight with every day.

I was repulsed by Howard initially, now he's one of my favorites. I really like how far he came, and it turns out Howard can be quite sweet behind the sleeze...

What can I say, I'm a sucker for redemption stories! :icon_lol:

I wonder, though... Given the chance, do you think Howard would cheat on Bernadette? Will he be able to resist temptation, similar to Leonard not cheating on Pryia? Will he succumb instantly if a hot girl hits on him? Will it depend purely on the fear of getting caught?

Discuss! :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't think that Howard would cheat on Bernarette, his last sleazy comment was in season five I think. He also grew more mature and less sex obsessed as the series progressed, for example he actually seemed disturbed by Amy's comment in The Isolation Permutation about bridesmaids (her, Bernadette and Penny) washing each other naked which surprised me LOL. I find it annoying (almost offensive) that people are still suspicious regarding the characters because of their past doings, similar like the people he claimed that Sheldon would never kiss Amy or tell her thar he loves her because of the way he behaived in earlier seasons or that Leonard and Penny would never get engaged because of Penny's commitment issues after all the character development which also really annoyed me LOL but I see your point, I still think that he definitely wouldn't, I think that he truly changed and that writers wouldn't just undo years of his character development it would be like having Leonard and Penny break up again. Of course that doesn't mean that they would never put him in that sort of position but I think that he would do the right thing like Leonard did. Comments made by users like FruitLoops etc can only be applied to Howard up until season four. And although Howard is fond of sex (he was even more so in earlier seasons) I wouldn't call him an addict although he was close to being one, it is not like he would feel sick or have physical problems when he wouldn't have sex for some time and sometimes possibility of having sex would fly over his head due to playing a video game. Edited by Mislav

Not on purpose. Getting drunk and finding himself in the bed of another woman, maybe. Howard knows Bernadette is too hot for him and you saw her dressed up in the last Vegas episode, she is a hottie and Howard knows it. Plus she puts up with him, she is perfect for him, why would he risk loosing her. Also didn't he make reference in a earlier season that he likes big breasts, well he should be very happy. I think the better question would be would Bernadette get so drunk one night with the girls to sleep with some guy hitting on her.

Not on purpose. Getting drunk and finding himself in the bed of another woman, maybe. Howard knows Bernadette is too hot for him and you saw her dressed up in the last Vegas episode, she is a hottie and Howard knows it. Plus she puts up with him, she is perfect for him, why would he risk loosing her. Also didn't he make reference in a earlier season that he likes big breasts, well he should be very happy. I think the better question would be would Bernadette get so drunk one night with the girls to sleep with some guy hitting on her.

I didn't really think of this comment as sleazy (at least when compared to others) because it wasn't meant to anyone in particular. Anyway it is safe to say thathe rarely ever makes them abymore and that he had matured by now. About getting drunk and cheating on Bernadette possibility, but it all goes down to how Howard acts when he is drunk and how much of an effect alcohol has on him. I don't think we ever saw him drunk on a show.

Bernadette seemed to be pretty... loosened up while having a drink wuth girls in that episode where Sheldon went out with them to bash Priya but in that same episode she, Penny and Amy went out dancing and she refused to dance with that Korean guy saying that she was engaged. So I am not sure that she would cheat when drunk. But again we don't know was she really drunk and that guy was in no way her type anyway.