The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rhys_Sutherland

Favorite NFL team

British as i am im not exactly a crazed fan but there are a couple of teams a like them being the Pittsburgh steelers and the new Orleans saints just wanted to see who the Americans support

I'm not as big of a football fan as I am of baseball and the NY Yankees, but my favorite team has always been the NY Giants who used to play at Yankee Stadium. I also grew up about 6 miles from Giants Stadium. I never got to see them play live there, but I did go to the first Rock Concert ever at Giants Stadium. The only time I saw the Giants play live was in in Anaheim against the Rams when they used to play there.

like grasshopper-not big fan i will watch it.

baseball is the best - n.y. mets favorite team

went to both shea stadium and citi field.

A large majority of NFL fans support their local team, or the team their family traditionally supports if they have recently moved.

The instances of fans supporting a team outside their city/region is growing, however. Some teams have a larger following outside their region, but that is pretty rare.

The Dallas Cowboys were at one time the most popular team. The New England Patriots generally are disliked outside of the New England Region. The Green Bag Packers have the largest following relative to the size of their city (small by NFL standards). Other teams are 99% of their support regionally, such as the Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, and a few others.

The Cleveland Browns have fan clubs in most major US cities, especially in the middle portion of the state. This is despite their lack of success for quite some time.

Generally speaking, the more success a team has - WITH recognizeable elite star players (Peyton Manning type) then the larger following the team receives both locally and nationwide.

I live in Indianapolis, IN and support the Colts, although I'm not a die-hard fan with multiple jerseys, go to practices or watch the draft. I didn't grow up here, which explains it I suppose. I have been to a few games, Lucas Oil Stadium is a great stadium.

Lucas Oil Stadium is a great stadium.

I miss when stadiums were named after a characteristic of the city, or a great franchise coach, instead of these colorless corporate names. Three Rivers, Jack Murphy, Candlestick, Riverfront - they had so much more character than "Heinz Field" and "Qualcomm Stadium."

They came up with a compromise here in Denver and call it "Sports Authority Field at Mile High." But of course nobody outside of the TV announcers calls it anything other than Mile High. ;)

Funny Stadium name-Corporation story. Anheuser-Busch, makers of Budweiser, purchased the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team and built a new stadium in 1966. The proposed name of "Budweiser Stadium" (or Park/Field/whateve) was denied by Major League Baseball due to the rule at the time prohibiting product names as Stadium Titles.

So the Busch family named the park "Busch Stadium" after the family name.

Not long after, they produced a new beer. "Busch Beer". Oops! Incidentally, the St Louis Cardinals of the NFL (now in Arizona) played there for years.

Ha! That's funny. Denver got around it the same way - they named it Coors Field, but it must be okay because it's the family name. It's one of the only ones I don't mind, because although it is a corporation, at least the Coors family has lived in Colorado for generations, so it seems less like a corporate plug than the other stadium names.

Favourite for me is the Patriots.

I live in england so I don't get to see too many live games, but was lucky enough to see the Patriots play (and beat) Tampa at Wembley a few years ago. Was a great day out and a good game. Hopefully I'll get to see them in Boston one day!

I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan for 19 years now. They are my team! and that will never change.

I was born and raised in Washington state so, I'm a bit of a Seattle Seahawk fan as well.