The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MissNobodyx

The audience..

Nope and don't want to, one thing I don't like about TBBT is the laughtrack for every single line(even the ones that are not funny).

Nope and don't want to, one thing I don't like about TBBT is the laughtrack for every single line(even the ones that are not funny).

Hear, hear. I hate laugh tracks. It was the thing that kept me from getting into this show until recently. Your audience shouldn't have to be told what's funny.

Oh, you'll hear about how there isn't a laugh track and that it is all audience laughter.

But then you'll also hear that they edit the audience laughter to enhance it etc.

I'm not sure what the qualitative difference is between a laugh track and edited audience laughter, but this seems to be a common point of contention.

Hi all, I was at the taping for the season finale. They definitely recorded our laughter, but the end product was sprinkled with both pre-recorded and same-day audio of original TBBT live audiences. For example, during one take of the last scene in The Countdown Reflection, we didn't "aww" so pointedly after each hand-holding gesture. On another take, everyone not only "aww-ed" after Sheldon held Amy's hand, but they also applauded. In the aired episode, we hear neither. Anyway, the audio is certainly sweetened and tinkered with. It is still a wonderful experience to watch first-hand how it's taped and how it all comes together.

Hi all, I was at the taping for the season finale. They definitely recorded our laughter, but the end product was sprinkled with both pre-recorded and same-day audio of original TBBT live audiences. For example, during one take of the last scene in The Countdown Reflection, we didn't "aww" so pointedly after each hand-holding gesture. On another take, everyone not only "aww-ed" after Sheldon held Amy's hand, but they also applauded. In the aired episode, we hear neither. Anyway, the audio is certainly sweetened and tinkered with. It is still a wonderful experience to watch first-hand how it's taped and how it all comes together.

How long where u there for? Are all the sets close? It sounds so fun I'd love to sit in the audience. How do you get tickets..

My understanding is that standard multi-camera tapings for a 30-minute sitcom usually last from 3 to 3 1/2 hours due to all the re-writes, pick-ups, and line flubs. The season finale took 3 1/2.

It was very cool because the production team gave off this vibe that they felt this episode was a special occasion. Kaley Cuoco, in particular, became very emotional!

Tickets are available through AudiencesUnlimited.com. Pretty much everyone with guaranteed and standby tickets got in because they kept switching VIPs in and out from the front row.

Tickets to all show tapings are free because they need you more than you need them! Yes, all 192 seats fill up quickly every time, especially for a show like Big Bang.