Doctor Who

Bazinga girl

• 2 weeks later...

So thus ends another season of DOCTOR WHO !

AND apparently the end of another Doctor.

Which explains why MOST of this season sucked !

Either Matt wasn't happy playing the Doctor anymore (and it showed),

AND/OR "THEY" didn't want Matt being the Doctor Anymore (and THAT shows).

Now we have to wait until Nov. to  see if it's still worth watching (I never thought I'd say THAT).

Edited by walnutcowboy

Well, since Matt has already confirmed that he's back for Series 8... ;)

*** SPOILERS ***

As for John Hurt being the "true Ninth Doctor" or whatever, that may not necessarily be the case. Remember, the Valeyard was the distillation of the Doctor's darker side, somewhere between his twelfth and final regenerations, and not really an "official" Doctor. I'm guessing that's something similar here, but of course, we won't know for sure until November.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Welcome, it is a children's show, Sherm..! ;)

Hope you did not get me wrong. I do love many childish shows, such as Hercules and Mr Bean, but to me, Dr Who is off puttingly childish.

I mean the monsters are just too silly and the bloke playing the doc overacts way too much. I mean just because audience is kids, does not mean you have to overdo the acting...

If DR. WHO is for kids, then I don't want to grow up, 

(With the exception of last season).

Sung to the Toys R Us Theme Song

"I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP,

I'M A DOCTOR WHO FAN"

I hope next Season/Doctor will be better.

(it will be hard to be worse) .

Edited by walnutcowboy

Well, it appears that the haters will get half their wish: Matt Smith is leaving the show after this year's Christmas special.

You may now commence with the "Good, Matt Smith sucks rancid pond water!" and "When will that piece of s**t hack Steven Moffatt be joining him?" and "If they don't cast <X> then they're idiot scum and I'll never watch the show again!" trash talk, like all True Fans must do. #sarcasm

I adore Matt Smith, and I'm sorry to see him go. Then again I'm only a casual Doctor Who fan. If such a thing is possible.

My girlfriend who works for IGN says the Benedict Cumberbatch replacement rumors are beginning to fly...

I adore Matt Smith, and I'm sorry to see him go. Then again I'm only a casual Doctor Who fan. If such a thing is possible.

My girlfriend who works for IGN says the Benedict Cumberbatch replacement rumors are beginning to fly...

Really? that would be sweet but he really needs to... do some more Sherlock first!!! :icon_cheesygrin: I like Matt as well, he was amazing in Party Animals. I just hope they get someone great.

I have nothing against Matt Smith but I'm glad his run as The Doctor has come to an end. I adored both Christopher Ecclston and David Tennant in the role, but there was something about Matt Smith that just threw me.

Welcome, it is a children's show, Sherm..! ;)

Hope you did not get me wrong. I do love many childish shows, such as Hercules and Mr Bean, but to me, Dr Who is off puttingly childish.

I mean the monsters are just too silly and the bloke playing the doc overacts way too much. I mean just because audience is kids, does not mean you have to overdo the acting...

I totally understand how you feel, Sherm - no worries. :)

Should've guessed Matt wouldn't last long -not since the revamp when David Tennant turned up has anyone stayed long enough. :(

O for the days when Tom Baker stayed in it for 7 years! :D

Still, Benedict Cumberbatch could be interesting. A whole new slant.

My own thoughts there.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As most Whovians know, the 50th anniversary episode, "The Day of the Doctor," will be airing on November 23rd (the actual 50th anniversary of the first broadcast episode, "An Unearthly Child") simulcast around the world. In the US, it will be showing on BBC America at 2:50 PM EST. The special stars Matt Smith (Eleventh Doctor), Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald), David Tennant (Tenth Doctor), Billie Piper (Rose Tyler), Jemma Redgrave (Kate Stewart), and John Hurt as a previously unseen incarnation of the Doctor.

Prior to this episode, several mini-episodes will be shown, both on the web and during the BBC's Children In Need special (which previously aired other Who specials in the past, notably the minisode "Time Crash" with Peter Davison reprising his role as the Fifth Doctor, and the feature-length episode "The Five Doctors" back in 1983, which celebrated the show's 20th anniversary by reuniting the first five Doctors and several notable companions). Yesterday, the first minisode, "The Night of the Doctor," was released on the web...

HUGE, MAJOR SPOILERS!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

LAST WARNING, SWEETIE!!! ENORMOUS SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

"The Night of the Doctor" features Paul McGann's return as the Eighth Doctor, appearing on screen for the first time since his first (and only) appearance in the 1996 "Doctor Who" TV movie. The minisode is set during the Last Great Time War, and has the Doctor trying to save a woman from a crashing spaceship; she refuses his help because he's a Time Lord, the race that is causing chaos and suffering throughout the universe in their battle with the Daleks. The ship crashes, and both she and the Doctor are killed, but the Sisterhood of Karn (a race last seen in the Fourth Doctor story "The Brain of Morbius") temporarily resurrects him and implores him to help stop the war. He initially refuses, as he wants no part of the war, but is persuaded to do so when he sees the dead body of the woman, who even the Sisterhood can't save. They give him an elixr that will cause him to regenerate into whatever form he wishes; he asks that they make him into a warrior, as he supposes "there's no more need for a Doctor." He drinks the elixr and painfully regenerates into a younger version of John Hurt's Doctor, which the credits identify as "The War Doctor." The new Doctor's first line: "Doctor no more."

You gotta see it for yourself. Click the link to watch it on YouTube. I was grinning like an idiot when I heard and saw the Eighth Doctor appear again! :dancer:

Edited by MJPollard
  • Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I freaked out this morning when I saw that mini-episode!!!

tumblr_inline_mw9kxkiMWK1qltq26.gif

not only it was great but I also loved the fact that by him naming all of his companions of the BIg FInish audios made them all canon. And as a HUGE fan of the audios, I am absolutely thrilled!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps someone can help answer a Question about the show.

For some reason I can think/make out who the caretaker is (at the end of the show)

I'm sure I'll feel pretty stupid once I hear the answer !!

Thanks In Advance !!

The Curator was played by Tom Baker, who portrayed the very popular Fourth Doctor in the 70s and early 80s. It was implied that he might have been either a future incarnation of the Doctor ("you might decide to revisit old faces, but only the favorite ones"), or that he was actually the Fourth Doctor himself, who retired and became the Curator. Just one more unanswered question from the Moff. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

The Curator was played by Tom Baker, who portrayed the very popular Fourth Doctor in the 70s and early 80s. It was implied that he might have been either a future incarnation of the Doctor ("you might decide to revisit old faces, but only the favorite ones"), or that he was actually the Fourth Doctor himself, who retired and became the Curator. Just one more unanswered question from the Moff. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Actually no, Moffat kinda answered it on Amelia William's book. Remember on The Bells of Saint John, one of the kids Clara was taking care of had a book called Summer Falls written by Amelia Williams? Well, the BBC released it as an e-book and I have it.

The Curator is one of the characters on that book, that is about a girl who discovers a painting from where things come out and a key, etc. (It kinda foretold the 50th anniversary).

In there there are these bits:

Kate shook her head. ‘Who are you?’ she giggled.

To her surprise the man shrugged. ‘Not anyone, really. I’m just looking after the museum for a friend. I guess you could call me the Curator. How does that sound?’ He looked at her eagerly.

‘Not very good,’ admitted Kate. ‘Don’t you have a name?’

‘I’m between names at the moment.’ The man looked sheepish. ‘I am having a holiday from them.’

‘Don’t you like it here?’ The Curator sniffed. ‘How odd. The 1950s aren’t that bad, and this is a charming town. The kind of place you want to settle down and open a little shop with an e. I love a little shoppe. Have another scone.’

As I was watching the 50th it reminded me of these parts on that book. So, for me, I think it's pretty clear that The Curator is The Doctor in a distant future, retired, and looking after the Museum, as he was appointed by Queen Elizabeth I.

Moffat has very much been planning this for a long long time, that book was released back in February-.