There will be a Big Bang panel at Comic Con.

Kyzzx

Yeah, I think he was trying to be funny, but sometimes it's not obvious that he is meaning to be funny. I have that problem too sometimes.

Here is another good interview with the cast:

AhH! Thank you for posting that! I absolutely loved it! :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the links!

What did Jim mean when he apparantly wrote to Bill Prady and said that finding the higgs particile could have consequences for his job?

Apparantly Johnny flight was delayed so he couldnt make it in time

I will have to watch again but I think jim just meant he saw it, didn't really know what the article meant, but knew it would be important for the show. The way he worded it was kind of funny, and I noticed most of them were amused. Anyone else have another take on it? He is so cute sometimes.

I was thinking on this more last night and I really wish there had been better questions. I wonder why they don't screen the people that get to talk?

I like that he wrote the email about it to Bill (I think it was), it means that he really is still into the role of Sheldon, which is good news. He is a very funny man, and I'm not so sure it is always intentional. But I think they really missed him and Johnny on the panel, but what can they do they can't tell them not to work during their breaks.

I agree. I think Jim has his own signature style of humor, he can be very straight-faced funny at times, but sometimes he's just so charmingly awkward that it's funny. I'm very glad he noticed the Higgs news and brought it up with the writers - I'm looking forward to some substantial mentions of it in season 6.

Especially in his earlier interviews he would get his words mixed, nerves I would guess, and who could blame him, but it is an endearing quality. I always remember that interview with Craig Ferguson where I am sure he meant to say ostentatious but he said auspicious instead, anyway Craig being Craig picked up on it pretty quickly and it was hilarious.

The thing i would like to know is, now that they have discoverd the higgs particle would that not mean the job Sheldon is doing would increase because of the new found knowledge and that would then lead to more things being found out in the universe, rather than him possibly? losing his job, am only thinking aloud here because of what he said to Bill Prady, maybe Jim himself does not know and thats why he brought it up.

I guess we will find out in due course!!!

I agree. I think Jim has his own signature style of humor, he can be very straight-faced funny at times, but sometimes he's just so charmingly awkward that it's funny. I'm very glad he noticed the Higgs news and brought it up with the writers - I'm looking forward to some substantial mentions of it in season 6.

Especially in his earlier interviews he would get his words mixed, nerves I would guess, and who could blame him, but it is an endearing quality. I always remember that interview with Craig Ferguson where I am sure he meant to say ostentatious but he said auspicious instead, anyway Craig being Craig picked up on it pretty quickly and it was hilarious.

I remember that, I thought he meant 'conspicuous' and said auspicious instead. Jim and Craig together are a riot. :)

The thing i would like to know is, now that they have discoverd the higgs particle would that not mean the job Sheldon is doing would increase because of the new found knowledge and that would then lead to more things being found out in the universe, rather than him possibly? losing his job, am only thinking aloud here because of what he said to Bill Prady, maybe Jim himself does not know and thats why he brought it up.

I would think that he'll have a lot to say and do about the Higgs discovery. Remember that he's already worked on the topic (his paper to Hawking regarding the Higgs boson as a black hole moving backwards in time, and even earlier).

I remember that, I thought he meant 'conspicuous' and said auspicious instead. Jim and Craig together are a riot. :)

Yes that is exactly what he said, I couldn't check because I was at work, and I worked off memory, which for me is not a good thing.

I would think that he'll have a lot to say and do about the Higgs discovery. Remember that he's already worked on the topic (his paper to Hawking regarding the Higgs boson as a black hole moving backwards in time, and even earlier).

I guess they can do a bit more exploring of that nature, im not very knowledgable on all that Sheldon and Leonard are talking about but its fascinating learning about everything

Yeah, I think he was trying to be funny, but sometimes it's not obvious that he is meaning to be funny. I have that problem too sometimes.

Thanks for posting. I watched the youtube of the Comic Con panel as well...it was a little disappointing too many children and I agree the questions were terrible.

Great to see Jim's face on screen, I miss my weekly fix. Kunal was on top form, very funny. I like it when he said 'boooring' when Simon was talking about his future plans. :icon_lol: Mayim was quiet.

This is the link if there's anyone who hasn't seem it yet...

I guess they can do a bit more exploring of that nature, im not very knowledgable on all that Sheldon and Leonard are talking about but its fascinating learning about everything

I guess that is why they all seemed amused on the panel at what jim was saying about it, because I am like Jim, and I don't really understand any of this, and don't really know how it would work into what has already been said on the show in the past about sheldon's work.

Enjoyed the writers' panel; so it looks like Raj will find company to replace Howard, seems like it will be a male too; I wonder if it will be a boyfriend.

Yes, I caught that too.

AhH! Thank you for posting that! I absolutely loved it! :icon_mrgreen:

You're welcome. I enjoyed it too. But I found myself feeling bad for mayim because her buddy jim wasn't there to be with her.

I watched all of these round tables at comic con, but wanted to post mayim's. Just like both her and jim last year, she seems to have the most down to earth and intelligent answers about her character. You can tell the show/story/character is something that means a lot to her and she thinks about a lot (like jim).

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I watched all of these round tables at comic con, but wanted to post mayim's. Just like both her and jim last year, she seems to have the most down to earth and intelligent answers about her character. You can tell the show/story/character is something that means a lot to her and she thinks about a lot (like jim).

Thanks for posting this! I hadn't seen this one by Mayim (I saw Kaley & Johnny's). Agree, she is, next to Jim the most eloquent person of the cast, and her interviews are always really interesting to watch.

One thing she said, about possibly Sheldon being an objetivist regarding Sheldon/Amy's relationship is really interesting. It keeps me thinking and her insight on Amy's character is always really great.

BTW: Mayim posted this on her blog about her Comic COn experience http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik/feeling-the-nerd-love-at-comicon-2012/ a very nice read, specially the paragraph where she wrote about Jim.

Thanks for posting this! I hadn't seen this one by Mayim (I saw Kaley & Johnny's). Agree, she is, next to Jim the most eloquent person of the cast, and her interviews are always really interesting to watch.

One thing she said, about possibly Sheldon being an objetivist regarding Sheldon/Amy's relationship is really interesting. It keeps me thinking and her insight on Amy's character is always really great.

BTW: Mayim posted this on her blog about her Comic COn experience http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik/feeling-the-nerd-love-at-comicon-2012/ a very nice read, specially the paragraph where she wrote about Jim.

Thank you for sharing the blog post. I could tell she missed Jim, and I love the way she honestly talks about her feelings. I also love the way she ended that post -- she is a very good writer on top of everything else.

I just watched the Comic Con panel on youtube. Very funny, loved Kaley's answers and Melissa's Ms Wolowitz impression. Jim was so adorable up on that big screen with his hand to his ear trying to hear. Love when Mayim tried to kiss him and he tried to kiss back, but then kissed in the wrong direction. LOL Some of questions were kind of weird, but the moderator this time was a lot better. And it was cool how they gave away actual space trip to a fan. Though I wish Simon would have really taken the trip with them because then he'd really be able to play Howard knowing what space is like for real.

Also, does anyone else think that Chuck Lorre didn't really give away Penny's last name. He said it was Penny Jones during panel, but I think he was joking right? Some fans online were saying that he actually revealed it by accident and that is her real last name. But, I was wondering what people's thoughts about that are?

no I'm pretty sure he was kidding.

Yeah thats what I thought too. The writers said now their superstitious about it, so I don't know if they'll ever say her real name on show. But I know some fans who are already calling her Penny Jones online lol

The writers meant they were superstitious about giving/revealing Penny's last name at this point because probably everyone's so used to her just being Penny and even such a small thing could ruin things, and Chuck Lorre laughs and says "Worst series finale reveal, Penny Jones." Think he just used Jones, cause its such a common last name. Don't think it means anything.

I edited a bit of the panel so that Jim and Mayim were more in sync:

amysheldonvirtualpresence.jpg

this part was soo cute! The look on Kaley Cuoco's face when Mayim kissed the screen was good too

Thank you guys for sharing all these video links that i couldn't find by myself.

I was watching comic-con panel, and there were some parts that i couldnt get (because english is not my first language)

So plz help me understand that :)

When simon says something like 'sucking in and hanging'(while he talks about his getup and especially pants) , that must be a bad joke as he said. But i dont understand what he is saying. What does 'sucking in and hanging' mean? Why is that funny?

Thanks for posting Mayim's interview! She comes across as such a grounded, thinking person, and her perspectives about the show and especially about the Sheldon/Amy developments are always interesting.

Her comments about Jim in her blog just show once again how she feels real affection and admiration for him. It seems to be a lovely working relationship, and it's exactly this 'relationship of the mind' friendship chemistry that reflects on screen between the two of them.

I just love the expression on kaley's face when Mayim kisses the screen :p

That's hilarious. I could see Kaley doing something like that, kissing the screen that is, but it seemed a little out of character for Mayim, but obviously it isn't, it's just my perception of her character.

The interesting thing we found out about Penny's last name from the ComicCon panel at least is about what name is on her mail.

Kaley said for the shows purposes they give her a last name on the mail but it changes and isn't always the same so, clearly, Kaley or any of the cast don't even know what Penny's last name might be.

I think it's likely now that there are only two ways it can end with regards to Penny's last name.

1.) The show ends and we just don't ever get to know her last name! She ends up like Cher or Madonna, just a one-named girl.

2.) In the series finale they somehow show us Penny's last name either through dialogue or even a close-up on her mail or a card or something. That way it is more of a big reveal to the '4th wall audience' and not a big deal to the characters in the show, because surely they would know her last name by now.