1. 1. Is Penny's sexual life

• Like a Nun
    • A normal 25 yr old girl
    • A little Loose
    • Real Loose
    • Heidi Fleiss material

On March 30, 2016 at 3:35 PM, lennyx3 said:

And what about Lennart, Raj and Howard?

They slept with every single women who "let them"?

They aren't able to say no to a woman. Even if in a relationship (Leonard cheats on priya and penny, raj left Emily after a women smiled at him and Howard would do the same, but no woman is interested in this creepy little weirdo.)

So are they easy/slutty?

Leonard's had more on-screen action than Penny has, certainly (and-huh- so has Raj, maybe?). Penny's well-travelled-ness is an informed attribute for the most part, isn't it? But absolutely, we don't have any threads sniggering at Easy, Breezy Leonard. Not that I know of. And for the love of God, even if Penny had had sex with a married man, even if she knew (which she didn't), the blame for infidelity lies with the actual cheater. Unless Penny is good friends with the spouse or something, why should she accept any culpability? A person isn't something that you can steal, and a marriage is primarily the responsibility of the contracting parties.

And also just so you know, vilifying a sexually-inexperienced woman for the exercise of desire (even if- shock horror- you don't find her attractive) is not massively different from vilifying a sexually-experienced woman for the exercise of agency. In both cases, you are presuming that there is some level of 'acceptable' sexuality, and that the arbiter is....not the woman herself.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Leonard's had more on-screen action than Penny.

And, following his dalliance with Elizabeth Plimpton, Penny was "judging him nine ways to Sunday".

That was a bit rich, given how quickly she jumped into bed with Dave Underhill.

Leonard’s dating history:

Joyce Kim
Leslie Winkle
Pryia
Penny
Elizabeth Plimpton
Stephanie Barnett
It is mentioned that he dated an unnamed French Literature PHD
and he says that his first kiss was at 19 with Geraldine Coco but presumably they did not big-bang

In 4x13 ‘The love car displacement’ Leonard says:

Leonard: I’ve gotten a lot better at that, you know. I’ve dated four different women since we broke up and I didn’t tell any of them that I loved them and wanted to have their babies.

I think that would include Pryia, Elizabeth and Stephanie (I’m a bit fuzzy on the timeline here) so that is about 9 women that we know about.

Can we have a poll for Leonard? :angel:

7 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

In 4x13 ‘The love car displacement’ Leonard says:

Leonard: I’ve gotten a lot better at that, you know. I’ve dated four different women since we broke up and I didn’t tell any of them that I loved them and wanted to have their babies.

To be fair, he doesn't say how many of those four women he had sex with, so we have seven definites, with 4 more possibles.

On March 30, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

And, following his dalliance with Elizabeth Plimpton, Penny was "judging him nine ways to Sunday".

That was a bit rich, given how quickly she jumped into bed with Dave Underhill.

Penny is the only character to show significant  character development, and the David Underhill fiasco in season 2 seemed to cause a step-change in her character; so she's not the same wrt instant sex in Season 3. Of course, the real reason she didn't like the Dr Slutbunny incident was that she  still wanted Leonard herself.

On March 30, 2016 at 4:56 PM, wowbagger said:

And also just so you know, vilifying a sexually-inexperienced woman for the exercise of desire (even if- shock horror- you don't find her attractive) is not massively different from vilifying a sexually-experienced woman for the exercise of agency. In both cases, you are presuming that there is some level of 'acceptable' sexuality, and that the arbiter is....not the woman herself.

I thought I made it clear that I was putting the "Amy-shaming" in this thread to show the Penny-bashing Amyacs how their heroine looks when judged in the same spirit.  And just so you know, there is a moral difference between consensual sex and and using an innocent like Sheldon for sexual gratification without their consent or even awareness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Of course, the real reason she didn't like the Dr Slutbunny incident was that she  still wanted Leonard herself.

Likewise for Leonard, with the Dave Underhill incident.

Indeed, I'd say it was rather cruel of Penny, to flirt so openly with Dave, in front of Leonard, at Leonard's place of work.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Likewise for Leonard, with the Dave Underhill incident.

Indeed, I'd say it was rather cruel of Penny, to flirt so openly with Dave, in front of Leonard, at Leonard's place of work.

I thought it was thoughtless rather than deliberately cruel, but it certainly showed no consideration for Leonard's feelings. And that's another way in which the Underhill Affair changed Penny's character - after that she never behaved so callously again.

• Like 1

I don't think the writers want us to think Penny was a slut, just that she is adorable, pretty and popular.  However it makes you wonder when they have her come out with things like, 'waking up in a motel room with a 40 year old man named Luther' or 'I've done things for less'.

• Like 2