The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rachelshamyfan

Apparantly Johnny Galecki is a vegetarian yet

we see him on the show eating meat dishes unless what he is eating is a meat substitute

He's just "acting" like a meat eater =)

I found it really weird that Johnny was talking about eating fish while in Chicago (on Conan) too, since I'd also heard he was a vegetarian (on Craig Ferguson a while back).

I'm a vegetarian. Except for fish. And the occasional steak, I love steak!

I'm a vegetarian. Except for fish. And the occasional steak, I love steak!

Lots of vegetarians eat fish just not red meats, its vegans who don't eat any meat or most meat biproducts at all.

@SydNC: lol (nice Penny quote) :)

@Superlovelexi: I stand corrected---I, myself am only one flaw (to Vegans it would be considered a flaw) away from being a Vegan---I have to have cream in my coffee...I cannot drink it black.:icon_lol:

Vegetarians don't eat meat, poultry, OR fish.

Vegans don't eat any of those, or milk/cheese/whey/honey/eggs etc. (those of which vegetarians still consume)

Pescatarians eat fish, but don't eat meat or poultry, and that's what I was aware Johnny was.

On a separate but not unrelated topic, we are selling live lobster at the store currently, and it makes me sad. Although I have just begun eating meat again, I have not, nor will I ever, eat a lobster. No really GOOD reason, except for that I think the way they suffer before death is heartbreaking to me.

Pescatarians eat fish, but don't eat meat or poultry, and that's what I was aware Johnny was.

Interesting, well I stand corrected too then, lol: I just know friends and family who eat only eat fish and eggs, but not any other kinds of meat and they still call themselves vegetatarians. I should let them know they are really Pescatarians.

Oh and if it makes your heart feel any better I also don't eat Lobsters either, tried it once and didn't like it. :)

Vegetarians don't eat meat, poultry, OR fish.

Vegans don't eat any of those, or milk/cheese/whey/honey/eggs etc. (those of which vegetarians still consume)

Then I guess I'd still be considered vegetarian---I do eat eggs, I drink both 1% and Soy Milk, I eat cheese the odd time...I love to eat rice frequently, and of course I love vegetables (especially Asparagus) and Fruit :)

On a separate but not unrelated topic, we are selling live lobster at the store currently, and it makes me sad. Although I have just begun eating meat again, I have not, nor will I ever, eat a lobster. No really GOOD reason, except for that I think the way they suffer before death is heartbreaking to me.

I always found the above interesting... You certainly understand that cows and pigs don't die in their sleep while a butcher waits nearby, and it certainly cannot be fun for a fish to get its mouth pierced by a sharp hook, dragged to the surface and die in a container/suffocate to death outside of the water? Or do the same while first captive in a net?

I always found the above interesting... You certainly understand that cows and pigs don't die in their sleep while a butcher waits nearby, and it certainly cannot be fun for a fish to get its mouth pierced by a sharp hook, dragged to the surface and die in a container/suffocate to death outside of the water? Or do the same while first captive in a net?

I was a vegetarian and animal rights activist for four years. I understand much more than I wish I did.

Funnily enough I remember thinking once that Leonard's lunches at the university always looked like just salad and bread.

Funnily enough I remember thinking once that Leonard's lunches at the university always looked like just salad and bread.

In the first series in the cheesecake factory i forget whcih episode but its an early episode, he has a burger on his plate but not actually eating it. I will try and find some more examples!

Ah, I guess he has little say over the stuff they feed Leonard. The whole cast rarely eat though. Most of the time they play with their food… pushing it around. Jim's the worse for that. Kaley eats the most often.

Yip, it's been noted before and now I really see it. I'm like 'eat something damn you' but they rarely do *sigh*

Still, meal time scenes are always good.

Ah, I guess he has little say over the stuff they feed Leonard. The whole cast rarely eat though. Most of the time they play with their food… pushing it around. Jim's the worse for that. Kaley eats the most often.

I think Jim did a good job eating in The Hamburger Postulate, actually lol...Other than that, I have to agree...They don't look like they like eating the food their characters are supposed to indulge.

Have remember a couple of episodes where Jim eats and does not play with the food and both the times are when he is in Pennys apartment, when the others went to Las Vegas and the one where Leonard and Penny broke up

I heard that Johnny hated that one scene in the epsiode 3.8( The Adhesive Duck Defiency) where Leonard, Raj and Howard ate this brisket from Howards mom and Johnny is vegeatarian so he didn`t enjoy it to eat this brisket and then something felt into the sand on set *yuck* poor Johnny :D

Its not easy for him to play a guy who eats meat when he´s vegetarian. Maybe Leonard will become a veggie one day :D who knows :D No seriously: I wish Leonard wouldn`t have this lactose intolerance but all of them can`t eat everything ecept for Penny and Sheldon.

(poor Raj has problems with indian food, Leonard like I said with lactose and Howard is allergic to Peanuts) and Leonard also can`t eat melon (he said that in episode 4 of Season 4)

I guess if it's scripted they have too, even Johnny as a veg. Come to think of it, if they ate all the food 'props' they wouldn't keep their slim waistlines very long. :)

I guess if it's scripted they have too, even Johnny as a veg. Come to think of it, if they ate all the food 'props' they wouldn't keep their slim waistlines very long. :)

Especially when they have lunch in the cafeteria that would do me for the rest of day the amount of stuff they pile on their plates!