post when you have a song stuck in your head

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Ramona - by Beck. It has been ringing in my mind (like Ramona) for the last 4 days....

Raaamoooonaaaa, on my mind.... Ramona... uhhh uhhhhhhh uhhhh uhhh uhhhhhhhhh

The long and winding road by The Beatles. I haven't listened to this song in years, but it randomly popped into my head yesterday and its stuck. :icon_wink:

Well, it was Paul's birthday yesterday. They did a lot of Beatles songs on the radio for the noon requests. :)

(A friend of mine calls that "The Long and Boring Song." :D I love it though)

The long and winding road by The Beatles. I haven't listened to this song in years, but it randomly popped into my head yesterday and its stuck. :icon_wink:

Well, it was Paul's birthday yesterday. They did a lot of Beatles songs on the radio for the noon requests. :)

(A friend of mine calls that "The Long and Boring Song." :D I love it though)

That's funny, I think of it as the Long and Boring Song also. As a major Beatles fan, that is not one of my favorites, but I still love it.

BTW, I didn't have any song on my mind before I came to this thread, as I was watching baseball.

So now, speaking of Paul, Birthday is on my mind.

The worst song for that is a real oldie called 'Strangers in the night'. It's just the tune not the words. This guy at work keeps humming it and it gets sticks in my head!! He does it on purpose now because he knows it drives us all mad. He'll hum the song and 5 mins later someone will pick up on it and start humming it back without realising what they are doing. It's like dominoes. He thinks its hilarious! :icon_cheesygrin:

yeh I love the BBC version, its amazing!

How I wish Ian was still alive :(

I saw New Order live this year- they were pretty great, but I still think about what it would have been like if they had remained Joy Division.

Woodstock by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young has been creeping back into my head again and again the last few days. Fantastic harmonies all over this album.

Well I came upon a child of God, he was walking along the road

And I asked him tell me where are you going, this he told me:

(He) said, I'm going down to Yasgur's farm, going to join in a rock and roll band.

Got to get back to the land, and set my soul free.

We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,

And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Well, then can I roam beside you? I have come to lose the smog.

And I feel myself a cog in something turning.

And maybe it's the time of year, yes, said maybe it's the time of man.

And I don't know who I am but life is for learning.

We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,

By the time we got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong,

And everywhere was a song and celebration.

And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes riding shotgun in the sky,

Turning into butterflies above our nation.

We are stardust, we are golden, we are caught in the devil's bargain,

she lost control by Joy Division

I wish it was this one. I love Joy Division.

But is is Angels from Robbie Williams. I just can´t get it out of my head. Awful.

Haha, the repetitive stuff you really don't want to be singing really sticks around. :icon_eek::icon_cheesygrin:

My friend always plays the same album whenever she drives me in her car. Creedence Clearwater Revival. So now I know all the songs and quite like them although its not what I would normally listen too. I wonder if she likes Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young? Could be the next driving record. :icon_cheesygrin:

Woodstock by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young has been creeping back into my head again and again the last few days. Fantastic harmonies all over this album.

I have this on vinyl. :icon_cheesygrin: (As well as most of their other albums.) You know "Woodstock" is actually a Joni Mitchell song, but I've never even heard her version...

And now I have this song in my head. :)

Talking about repetitive stuff, every where I go lately I keep hearing that pre-teeny bopper song Call Me Maybe. It drives me insane.

yeh i'm with you on that. I go to an all girls high school, and it seems like I literally hear that song every 20 minutes. It drives me insane :icon_evil::icon_frown:

Thank god there is only 6 more months left at that school, then I don't have to deal so much with justin bieber, one direction and other music that will drive me insane.

Sand Man Woke Me Up by the Advents. It's an extremely rare song that my uncle played lead guitar for, way back in the late 50's early 60's. it's the 3rd song on the video. he played in all 3 of these groups, and another uncle of mine was the drummer. My uncle would have been a famous guitar player but he devoted his life to his family.

Check it out in the You Tube link below...