The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sheldonleonard

Episode 2.05

Hey... I love this show!! And I can bet this one will be hilarious! But I knoww Ive said this a lot, but I really miss the Leonard/Penny thing.. Im just a romantic, sorry! :p

I laughed so hard *LOL*

Love that episode!

Leonard arriving at home and how he lands on the couch *LOL*

Sheldon didn`t want to interrupt Pennys morning prayers *LOL*

the speed bumps and Sheldons reaction *LOL*

Sheldon wants to play a game in the car

Howard drives Sheldon down Euclid Avenue on his scooter *LOL* and how Sheldon screams *LOL*

The simulation is so much fun that Sheldon uses when he learns how to drive *LOL*
the pillow as an airbag *LOL*
Rajs and Leonards facial expressions when Sheldons using the simulation program the first time *LOL*

Sheldon using the simulation programm again *LOL* Loved his " Sorry, my bad." Student driver" *LOL*
And then Leonards " Oh the pet store!" (Johnnys delivery of that line was just perfect!) *LOL*

The end with the cleaning ladies *LOL*

Posted (edited)

Do you really have to take pass a written test, just to get your provisional licence?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Do you really have to take pass a written tests, just to get your provisional licence?

Yes.  You have to demonstrate you know the rules and signs, before being allowed on the road.  Then you have to have a licensed driver, usually over 18, accompany you, while you drive.   Here in the states it’s usually known as a learners permit.  

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Yes.  You have to demonstrate you know the rules and signs, before being allowed on the road.  Then you have to have a licensed driver, usually over 18, accompany you, while you drive.   Here in the states it’s usually known as a learners permit.  

You know, it's close to 50 years since I got my learner's permit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chucky said:

You know, it's close to 50 years since I got my learner's permit.

It's a little more since I got mine. In those days it was expected one would study the highway code, but one didn't have to prove it until taking the driving test.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It's a little more since I got mine. In those days it was expected one would study the highway code, but one didn't have to prove it until taking the driving test.

Always hated to practice parallel parking. I haven't done it again ever. That was a waste of time, but it had to be done since it was on the driving test. I hear it's no longer required knowledge. Oh well.

• Like 1

I will add, the test is ridiculously easy.  I had 10 signs and 25 questions, when I took it at 16 (a couple of years ago).  When I was in Germany, to get a license, you have to take a 50 question sign test, and a 200 question rules test (I didn't have to take the driving test, having had a current US license).  And, after getting back from Germany, I would get very frustrated with the way people drove here.  

I think I drove best on those occasions when I drove in the UK.   It wasn't so much the signs, but I really had to pay attention to what side, which way to turn, how to make right turns, all that from driving on the opposite side of the road that I was used to driving (Not to mention shifting with the left hand, was interesting, due to the changes in gear location).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I will add, the test is ridiculously easy.  I had 10 signs and 25 questions, when I took it at 16 (a couple of years ago).  When I was in Germany, to get a license, you have to take a 50 question sign test, and a 200 question rules test (I didn't have to take the driving test, having had a current US license).  And, after getting back from Germany, I would get very frustrated with the way people drove here.  

I think I drove best on those occasions when I drove in the UK.   It wasn't so much the signs, but I really had to pay attention to what side, which way to turn, how to make right turns, all that from driving on the opposite side of the road that I was used to driving (Not to mention shifting with the left hand, was interesting, due to the changes in gear location).

I bet it could be down right nerve wracking at times when driving on the left side when you're accustomed to driving on the right side.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, chucky said:

Always hated to practice parallel parking. I haven't done it again ever. That was a waste of time, but it had to be done since it was on the driving test. I hear it's no longer required knowledge. Oh well.

I heard the term 'parallel park' on an episode of Soap. I didn't know what it meant, unless it meant parking a car alongside another in a car park. That doesn't sound to me like anything difficult enough to be in a driving test, so I still don't know what it is. We used to have something called a three-point turn, which I'm told is no longer in the test.

Just now, joyceraye said:

I heard the term 'parallel park' on an episode of Soap. I didn't know what it meant, unless it meant parking a car alongside another in a car park. That doesn't sound to me like anything difficult enough to be in a driving test, so I still don't know what it is. We used to have something called a three-point turn, which I'm told is no longer in the test.

Basically parallel parking is parking in a space between a car in front and a car in the rear. It can be stressful at times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chucky said:

Basically parallel parking is parking in a space between a car in front and a car in the rear. It can be stressful at times. 

Oh goodness ! I'd still be on L-plates if I'd had to pass that.

It's a very interesting operation, especially with traffic flowing.  😊

On 4/8/2020 at 10:12 AM, joyceraye said:

In those days it was expected one would study the highway code, but one didn't have to prove it until taking the driving test.

Same here.

Did the driving bit, then pulled over at the side of the road, identified three road signs, told the examiner what the stopping distance was (according to the Highway Code) at 40mph, pointed at something about 120 feet away, and Bingo, one Pass Certificate in my hot sweaty hands. 😎