The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MissNobodyx

Kaley & Johnny relationship

Little correction: Kaley has filed for divorce, and unless something major changes will certainly follow through with it, but in CA you have to be separated for six months before it's finalized IIRC. 

Little correction: Kaley has filed for divorce, and unless something major changes will certainly follow through with it, but in CA you have to be separated for six months before it's finalized IIRC. 

Yep.

Thanks for clearing that up! Btw, love your avatar. Strahovski is awesome (Chuckster here).

I think there's a fine line between being best friends and something more. If there's still an attraction there, there's always a possibility that something might happen again at some point. 

• Like 1

But it doesn't stop her from starting a new relationship with whomever she chooses. Lot of people are in new relationships while the divorce is still pending.

But like it has been established. Johnny and Kaley last dated romantically in 2010. That is five years ago. They have had every opportunity to date anytime they wanted too, but they didn't. So I hardly doubt it is realistic to expect just because she is single, she well date Johnny. Besides her marrage just ended I doubt she well be dating for a while, she would be stupid to date straight away, I am assuming she well take some time.

• Like 1

I have only one reference to make:

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis

Really? I can think of several more from the top of my head :icon_cheesygrin: Angelina Jolie + Brad Pitt, Andrew Garfield + Emma Stone, Channing Tatum + Jenna Dewan (I think they're still together) and Dev Patel + Freida Pinto. Those are on-screen couples who got or were together in real life and still are. Though I have to admit, I only know of the Tatum + Dewan couply because my girlfriend couldn't stop talking about it when she had her girlfriends at my place during one of her girls nights -.-

Another situation like the one with Kaley's and Johnny's friendship and the rumors that this friendship ruined her marriage is the thing about Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox. They dated too (or at least had an affair) and the rumors are circling that this was the reason for her divorce from her husband.

This is the first time since about a year after they broke up that they are both single.  Not saying they will date because of that,  just that they weren't all that free to start dating others since they broke up. If they continue their friendship, without getting romantically involved, that's wonderful.  If they end up happy in a romantic relationship, along with being friends, and stay together, that would be great.  Other than that, I would prefer they keep their friendship, over their getting romantically involved again, then splitting up, destroying the friendship.  But, what I'd want, is their being happy.   

Beautifully put. 

• Like 1

Really? I can think of several more from the top of my head :icon_cheesygrin: Angelina Jolie + Brad Pitt, Andrew Garfield + Emma Stone, Channing Tatum + Jenna Dewan (I think they're still together) and Dev Patel + Freida Pinto. Those are on-screen couples who got or were together in real life and still are. Though I have to admit, I only know of the Tatum + Dewan couply because my girlfriend couldn't stop talking about it when she had her girlfriends at my place during one of her girls nights -.-

Another situation like the one with Kaley's and Johnny's friendship and the rumors that this friendship ruined her marriage is the thing about Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox. They dated too (or at least had an affair) and the rumors are circling that this was the reason for her divorce from her husband.

I think the point for Kunis and Kutcher is that they dated while on a show, broke up, and then dated others before they started dating each othe again.  If Johnny and Kaley start dating again, Kunis and Kutcher are a apt example.    

I think the point for Kunis and Kutcher is that they dated while on a show, broke up, and then dated others before they started dating each othe again.  If Johnny and Kaley start dating again, Kunis and Kutcher are a apt example.    

Ah, okay. It seems I'm wearing orthopedic shoes, cause I stand corrected ;)

Edited by son-goku5

exactly

But I agree with you, they seem to be good friends and have fun working together, if that is what they remain, then good for them.

• Like 1

I'm reminded of something the character Dana Scully said in the "Rain King" episode of the X-Files:

"Well, it seems to me that the best relationships - the ones that last - are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."

I'm reminded of something the character Dana Scully said in the "Rain King" episode of the X-Files:

"Well, it seems to me that the best relationships - the ones that last - are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with."

great quote.

Kaley once said she was attracted to men who make her laugh.  I seems Johnny has a natural way of making her smile and laugh.

I think Mila and Ashton is also an apt example. As they were also both on a popular sitcom They split, dated other people, and got married in the end. I guess Johnny and Kaley can be comparible. But I would find it almost shocking if they got romantically involved again. I mean I am sure they have been single, and since they broke up in 2010, at no time have they got back together. So their relationship currently is just friendship at this juncture.

Edited by 3ku11

great quote.

Kaley once said she was attracted to men who make her laugh.  I seems Johnny has a natural way of making her smile and laugh.

I think it's also a bonus if they are tall. ^^ At least that was the first characteristic she stated about her then fiance Ryan when she was on the late late show with Craig Ferguson.

Craig: "What's he like?"

Kaley: "He's tall. Like 6'6."

So maybe Johnny was her exception haha. I don't think Height is a preference for her, most women like tall guys haha. Not that its anyones business what she prefers in a guy haha. If Johnny and Kaley get back together then great, might get another Lime Kiss Scene on our hands :icon_cheesygrin:

I guess Johnny and Kaley can be comparible. But I would find it almost shocking if they got romantically involved again. 

I would also, since Kaley specified that they knew they weren't destined to be together, back when first talked about it.   Although, I suppose she could change her mind. 

I mean I am sure they have been single, and since they broke up in 2010, at no time have they got back together. So their relationship currently is just friendship at this juncture.

They have stated it is just a friendship at this point.   If you didn't read my post above, this is the first time they have been single, at the same time, since about 9 months after they broke up.  So, unless they had plans on cheating on their SO at some point over the last five years (which I don't think they would have done), this is the first time they could have gotten back together since they broke up.

I would also, since Kaley specified that they knew they weren't destined to be together, back when first talked about it.   Although, I suppose she could change her mind. 

They have stated it is just a friendship at this point.   If you didn't read my post above, this is the first time they have been single, at the same time, since about 9 months after they broke up.  So, unless they had plans on cheating on their SO at some point over the last five years (which I don't think they would have done), this is the first time they could have gotten back together since they broke up.

Yeah true, I Think the timing is what is different this time I agree. But people say we weren't destined to be together all the time, when people break up, kinda a clichie. Not to use fictional characters to reference a real life relationship. But in Friends Monica and Chandler were not destined to be together haha, but they ended up together. Sometimes fate is overrated. And also another point their relationship was so private. I mean clearly people know they dated, so even if they were in that place romantically ever again, they maybe consciously aware of that fact.

Edited by 3ku11

I remember J & K mentioned how they were so protective of the characters on the show, and that played a part in them keeping the relationship a secret.  Of course J & K are most likely the only ones that know why they ended their relationship with pinpoint accuracy.

Not that I like playing the gossip game, but if there ever is a chance of them rekindling, I don't think it's going to happen while the show is going on.

Agreed, she also said she would do whatever it took to make her relationship with Ryan work.  That didn't quite pan out obviously.  Not that that makes her a liar per say, just that she most likely wanted different things at different times in her life.

I remember J & K mentioned how they were so protective of the characters on the show, and that played a part in them keeping the relationship a secret.  Of course J & K are most likely the only ones that know why they ended their relationship with pinpoint accuracy.

Not that I like playing the gossip game, but if there ever is a chance of them rekindling, I don't think it's going to happen while the show is going on.

Agreed, she also said she would do whatever it took to make her relationship with Ryan work.  That didn't quite pan out obviously.  Not that that makes her a liar per say, just that she most likely wanted different things at different times in her life.

she also said after Johnny she would never date another actor, I guess that didn't apply to the man of steel.

To be honest it is not anyones business really other peoples relationships. But Mila and Ashton I am sure broke up initially because they wanted different things, and were in different places in their lifes. But as you grow up you mature, and you find each other again. Kaley is not in her twenties anymore when she dated Johnny, she is around 30, so she is a completely different person. I am just saying That 70's Show ended years before Mila and Ashton reconciled. So if Johnny and Kaley do reconcile romantically, I agree it well be well after the shows ended.

she also said after Johnny she would never date another actor, I guess that didn't apply to the man of steel.

To be fair that fling lasted less than a week if I recall, not sure I'd call THAT a relationship, but YMMV.

To be fair that fling lasted less than a week if I recall, not sure I'd call THAT a relationship, but YMMV.

From what I have heard, that was not a genuine relationship. Apparently it was a publiclity stint.