The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MissNobodyx

Kaley & Johnny relationship

1 minute ago, SRAM said:

To be honest, if I was going to a taping now, my main interest would be what Johnny and Kaley were doing BTS.  How sad is that?

So you'd be like:

suspicious.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRAM said:

To be honest, if I was going to a taping now, my main interest would be what Johnny and Kaley were doing BTS.  How sad is that?

I think fans of  Johnny and Kaley are captivated  by the story of their secret passionate love story. I am. There's a bit of a modern day Romeo and Juliet to it ; some of the stuff of great romantic literature.I think our romantic souls want them to rediscover that joy that they found in each other again.I imagine that their relationship brought them both great joy and great sadness. They both seem to be hard core romantics and I think they bring that to their portrayals of Leonard and Penny.

Now they seem to be at peace that their love affair is long over and they are able to cherish a genuine friendship which seems to be a comfort to each of them. Meanwhile, the fascination lingers.:giverose:

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 9

^^^This is so, so true Strawberry, and it gets right to the heart of the matter for (in my opinion) a great many of us fans/huge shippers of the Leonard & Penny relationship.  Romeo and Juliet sums it up perfectly.  They kept it from the fans for the entire time and from their co-workers for as long as they possibly could.  Others speak of that sometimes hard to define thing called "chemistry", but we, as hardcore Penny/Leonard fans see it each time they interact.  It also (especially now) leads us to wonder "what else is going on?"

Thanks for spelling this out!  I need to give it an infinite amount of likes!!!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Romeo and Juliet sums it up perfectly.  

Ummm, those 2 killed each other and were driven by the hate their families had for each other.  None of that hate exists from other families with J & K, and relationship or friendship I would hope they would never find themselves in a position where they think ending their lives would bring them peace.

Well and technically Romeo and Juliet were like 14 years old.  I think the comparison is valid in that to some, many Penny and Leonard symbolize the spirit of a love that never ends.  A love death cannot separate.  Like the ultimate couple.  They complete each other...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kasey said:

think the comparison is valid in that to some, many Penny and Leonard symbolize the spirit of a love that never ends.  A love death cannot separate.  Like the ultimate couple.  They complete each other...

I don't disagree with the interpretation on THAT LEVEL.  But a love death cannot separate, that never ends, the ultimate couple can be used to describe MANY COUPLES whether they are real or fictional.

13 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

I don't disagree with the interpretation on THAT LEVEL.  But a love death cannot separate, that never ends, the ultimate couple can be used to describe MANY COUPLES whether they are real or fictional.

Of course it can describe a lot of couples.  Who said it couldn't? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

Ummm, those 2 killed each other and were driven by the hate their families had for each other.  None of that hate exists from other families with J & K, and relationship or friendship I would hope they would never find themselves in a position where they think ending their lives would bring them peace.

Actually, they each killed themselves, because they thought the other was dead.  

• Like 1

Just now, Tensor said:

Actually, they each killed themselves, because they thought the other was dead.  

Your right, I meant to say they each committed suicide because they believed their S.O. was dead.  

52 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

Yeah. I know they died.  I guess I should have been more specific. I didn't mean that their stories were exactly parallel.

The part of the Johnny and Kaley's story that brought poor R&J to mind was the (perceived) need for secrecy which may have doomed the relationship, the "star-crossed lovers"theme, and the intensity of the passion. 

• Like 3

These days references to Romeo & Juliet don't really make the application of the tragic ending. More a tale of a deep and abiding love that knows no bounds and can overcome adversity.....

• Like 3

David Spade? LOL that is a joke right. That little turd. Sorry I am a fan but its David Spade? The media really clutching their. David Spade? Joe Dirt? LOL. Boy. Dream match up their. Your all wrong Kaley is meant to be with me.

Just my imagination but I think in this Gif Johnny subtly checks out Penny/Kaley whatever lol.

07.gif.db896cdd3ff89a23f7151170c459ec14.

The truth will be revealed. Still think the love is there and real. It just a matter of time before it becomes public knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Could be lingering sexual tension between them lol. Who knows. I think they are Friends. But I also think if Kaley was like Johnny I want you back. Johnny be like oh yes please :icon_biggrin:.

I think they are more than best friends. The heart wants what the heart wants. Watch this space.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah I have noticed them lately they seem more closer in terms of intimacy. But with her divorce still being finalized. Not being in that place for 5 or 6 years. It well take a lot of bravery to even have that discussion again. I think for now they should be Friends. But who knows later down the track, maybe when the show nears its end.

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah I have noticed them lately they seem more closer in terms of intimacy. But with her divorce still being finalized. Not being in that place for 5 or 6 years. It well take a lot of bravery to even have that discussion again. I think for now they should be Friends. But who knows later down the track, maybe when the show nears its end.

I think that being closer again is the result of her divorce. I believe that Kaley stayed more away from him to not hurt her marriage even more. Now that she's divorced that guy, she might be saying 'Screw it, now I can show again that he's my best friend'. I remember those promo pictures of the cast. Before her divorce, you rarely saw her touching Johnny, now you usually see her having her arm around him or touching him someplace

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, son-goku5 said:

I think that being closer again is the result of her divorce. I believe that Kaley stayed more away from him to not hurt her marriage even more. Now that she's divorced that guy, she might be saying 'Screw it, now I can show again that he's my best friend'. I remember those promo pictures of the cast. Before her divorce, you rarely saw her touching Johnny, now you usually see her having her arm around him or touching him someplace

Someplace hmmm. Am I crazy too. I think Kaley's acting and chemistry with Johnny seems more intimate. Now shes single almost it contributes to her alsmost intimacy with scenes with Johnny. Season 8 maybe just me I Felt a resistance their. Now it feels more natural again. Maybe that's just me. but I think its a result of the divorce too.

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Someplace hmmm. Am I crazy too. I think Kaley's acting and chemistry with Johnny seems more intimate. Now shes single almost it contributes to her alsmost intimacy with scenes with Johnny. Season 8 maybe just me I Felt a resistance their. Now it feels more natural again. Maybe that's just me. but I think its a result of the divorce too.

In the entirety of season 8, there was only one episode where she seemed okay with intimacy and that was the kissing at the beginning of the sex painting episode. Even the prom episode was strange, they never kissed there as well, at least not on the mouth.

Do you guys honestly think that Johnny and Kaley get to pick how/when they kiss as L/P? :icon_neutral:

I just feel like laughing or rolling my eyes whenever people say that Leonard and Penny didn't kiss a lot in S8 was due to Kaley's marriage. It's nothing more than fan speculation IMO.

The writers are the ones who get to pick when the characters kiss. I'm sure that J/K would've kissed had the script called for it in the Prom episode. They are professionals who always do as they are told by the writers and the director.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luna18 said:

Do you guys honestly think that Johnny and Kaley get to pick how/when they kiss as L/P? :icon_neutral:

I just feel like laughing or rolling my eyes whenever people say that Leonard and Penny didn't kiss a lot in S8 was due to Kaley's marriage. It's nothing more than fan speculation IMO.

The writers are the ones who get to pick when the characters kiss. I'm sure that J/K would've kissed had the script called for it in the Prom episode. They are professionals who always do as they are told by the writers and the director.

No, but they might have a say in that.

But granted, there was at least one kissing scene that wasn't included in the airing, which was in the basket weaving scene

1 minute ago, son-goku5 said:

No, but they might have a say in that.

But granted, there was at least one kissing scene that wasn't included in the airing, which was in the basket weaving scene

Yeah I know that kiss got cut. I'm thinking that's the result of showing more commercials, which shortens the episodes.

And about them having a say in things... The actors have often talked about how much they trust the writers and due to that, they don't make suggestions to them. So yeah...

I didn't mean as a directive. Of course as professionals if J and K are told to kiss they well. I just meant Kaley's ease in scenes with Johnny. Same level when she was dating him in 2008 in The Maternal Capictance/Lime Kiss. Your Method as an actor can be portrayed differently, when their is no outside factors. Like being married. I am sure Ryan was jealous in some ways. I mean his wife is still being intimate with her ex every day. Even if it is just acting, it is a reality. I don't think J and K were holding back at all last season. I think it was more a reflection of the poor poor writing.

• Like 1

They are a pretty tight knit group of people (actors, crew, producers) so maybe there was a conversation about not having too many intimate scenes. 

I also feel that possibly there is no heavy Lenny problems at present in deference to Kaley's personal problems.  Not that she isn't 1000% professional but that they would do it without having to be asked..

• Like 1