The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MissNobodyx

Kaley & Johnny relationship

I think this just shows you that when actors have to do alot of kissing together, they invariable fall in love, it's a chemistry thing. Sites Brad and Anjelina as an example.

I agree, I think they kiss and hold each other and they end of liking the way the other person kisses, smells or holds them so if the other person feels similar they end up dating. I don't think being professionals really counts when two of them are attracted to each other. I saw an interview with Kaley once and she said making out with Johnny was fun and she was really excited. I thing whatever first attracted them to each other is still there, their kissing,smell or some other attraction and that is why they are still close even though they are not a couple.

On screen kissing is not the same as real life kissing though

On the on screen kissing there is absolutely no passion and I would hate to be kissed the way Leonard kisses and to add to that Howard, it just looks plain awkward

Did their relationship shock you? It did me, personally I think looks wise kaley can do alot better, I know it's not all about looks but I wouldn't of thought he would have been her type.I wonder why they broke up..

Just seen this thread - am I reading this right: Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki actually dated for real..? Or have I read it wrong?

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl
Just seen this thread - am I reading this right: Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki actually dated for real..? Or have I read it wrong?

you read it right, they dated for about 2 years

On screen kissing is not the same as real life kissing though   On the on screen kissing there is absolutely no passion and I would hate to be kissed the way Leonard kisses and to add to that Howard, it just looks plain awkward
I don't really believe this. If two actors are dating how can they kiss each other without some degree of passion. Almost everyone has kissed a stranger, so could you kiss your boyfriend/girlfriend like you kissed that stranger. Actors are only human. Kaley said, in an interview, that making out on screen with Johnny was a lot of fun. That doesn't sound very cold and professional.
  • Like 1

I don't really believe this. If two actors are dating how can they kiss each other without some degree of passion. Almost everyone has kissed a stranger, so could you kiss your boyfriend/girlfriend like you kissed that stranger. Actors are only human. Kaley said, in an interview, that making out on screen with Johnny was a lot of fun. That doesn't sound very cold and professional.

Kissing on screen (or what's more familiar to me, on stage), there really is no passion.  You can't have passion when you are thinking about: the exact timing of the end of the kiss, are you in the light, can the audience (or camera) see your face, what your next line is, when you have to say it, your blocking (where you and your arms and legs are supposed to go and when they are supposed to go there), not to mention you have the crew and audience watching you.  With all that going on, it's enough of a problem to remember the mechanics of the kiss, much less worrying about any passion.   And, if you aren't thinking about your partner in any kind of passionate way, there isn't going to be any passion.  It can be EASIER to do a kissing scene with someone you are familiar kissing as the mechanics come more natural (or doesn't have a habit you find objectionable, Alyson Hannigan, while getting along good with Jason Segel really dislikes kissing him as he's a smoker and she objects to smoking), but that doesn't mean there will be any passion with it.

• Like 1

I was stunned to find they had been together by finding out they broke up. But I have been very mature about it and have dealt with it like a grown-up. I drink to forget the breakup ever happened and concentrate on real life, as seen in the show. :)

If you watch s2-3 compared to their kissing scenes now you can tell a big difference.  A BIG difference.  Passion in s2-3, no passion now.  Totally can see it!

If you watch s2-3 compared to their kissing scenes now you can tell a big difference.  A BIG difference.  Passion in s2-3, no passion now.  Totally can see it!

Can you objectively quantify the passion in kissing, for those of us who don't see it?

By the way. They started dating during season 1 and stopped early in season 3. So they did some pretty good faking during season 3. :icon_biggrin:  The sweet spot of their relationship was season 2, hightlighted by the famous "lime" kiss.

• Like 1

Can you objectively quantify the passion in kissing, for those of us who don't see it?   By the way. They started dating during season 1 and stopped early in season 3. So they did some pretty good faking during season 3. :icon_biggrin:  The sweet spot of their relationship was season 2, hightlighted by the famous "lime" kiss.
That "lime kiss" scene was really something. I guess they are really good actors.

SRAM I can't help but love what I'm assuming is your Macaw in your avatar. Off topic but I have been planning on adopting a parrot sometime soon.

Edited by earthcake

That "lime kiss" scene was really something. I guess they are really good actors.

The "lime" kiss came when the Kaley/Johnny relationship was going hot and heavy. Maybe they didn't need to act as much :icon_wink:

Johnny was a true professional laying in bed making out with his super-hot 22 year old girlfriend with the cameras rolling. What a trooper!

Edited by BangerMain

I bet Johnny wasn't worried about getting germs off that lime!

He didn't have to, he did just do a shot of tequila. The alcohol should have killed any germs. ;)

I should do some research on that lime scene. It sure looks like Johnny took the lime from Kaley's mouth with his mouth, something that actors who are not incredibly close would be willing or asked to do. And earlier in the scene Johnny spits a lime from his mouth that Kaley took with her hand and tossed off screen. Since their relationship was supposed to be a secret at that time, I wonder if the crew was saying, "what's up with that?"

Edited by BangerMain

I really think the line between being a professional and GF/BF was crossed by them in that episode, which is why it was such a great episode. Even now people say they come out together after taping to meet the audience, which seems that they are really invested in the whole Penny/Leonard story, also. The chemistry between those two is very interesting.

I should do some research on that lime scene. It sure looks like Johnny took the lime from Kaley's mouth with his mouth, something that actors who are not incredibly close would be willing or asked to do. And earlier in the scene Johnny spits a lime from his mouth that Kaley took with her hand and tossed off screen. Since their relationship was supposed to be a secret at that time, I wonder if the crew was saying, "what's up with that?"

I really raises the question whether they had the same lime or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzPhHdfFc8s

At 1:16 it looks like she gives him the lime. ( I know it's a bit disgusting xD )