Howards Return

Episode one be open with?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Episode one be open with?

• Howard will be back from space (real time)
    • Howard's return
    • Howard will be in space for one or two shows
    • Howard will be absent for several shows

Just for fun, I was wondering how we think Season 6, Episode 1 will open.

I have noticed some fans assume Howard will be absent from the Season 6 opener. I have even seen a post assuming they will pick up right after the moment of Sheldon and Amy's hand holding. Maybe they will set this episode four months after the space shuttle launch (same time span as the hiatus) and Howard will already be back. Or will they have him return on the first episode.

Care to take a vote on Howards return? :icon_cheesygrin:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Erm... a cheesy prize

I honestly never thought I'd win something like this, what did I do to deserve something like this? This is the best night of my life. I'd like to thank, my Parents for creating me and I'd like to tha

I say after the second "Space Potty" incident it causes a serious malfunction of the space station and it becomes a life or death situation.So the "Guys" ban together to help fix the problem and get "Howie" home.Sorry but no relationship drama to start the season, Some serious science and techy drama instead please......

Did they say he would be there for four months? I don't recall ever hearing how long the mission was to last.

I think the season will open with his return, but it wouldn't surprise me if we have a couple of episodes with him on the space station.

I think it was just a few weeks but someone else may remember this better than me... Where is Sursonica when she's needed. :icon_cheesygrin:

@bearguy

I hope that happens!! :icon_lol:

Thanx Moonbase....Just sayin be a great chance to restore the "Glory" of our favorite show :icon_cool:

Considering Bill Prady said "Not all the characters will be in California when it begins.", I think Howard will be absent for the first show or two. He could of course be shown elsewhere but I think he will be absent completely.

I agree. I remember reading that he said that not all characters would be back at the start. Makes me think not only Howard, but maybe one other character may go out of town too like maybe Penny will visit Nebraska or perhaps Leonard will have to take Sheldon home to Texas for some reason.

Either way, I think before Howard comes back we will see him video conference his friends or Bernadette from space station before he returns home.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I think it was just a few weeks but someone else may remember this better than me... Where is Sursonica when she's needed. :icon_cheesygrin:

@bearguy

I hope that happens!! :icon_lol:

Here! LOL. They mentioned several times that he would be up in the Space Station for 3 weeks, but maybe they will pickup at the finale... I started thinking that since Bill said that not all the characters would be in California... but yeah, the mission is supposed to last 3 weeks

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched the Comic Con video and Simon says he believes the first episode of the new season picks up right after Sheldon and Amy hold hands.

So Howie will be in space, we may get some space scenes OR Simon might be absent for a few shows.

Still, I wonder what reaction will we get from Sheldon once he realises he's holding Amy's hand (if he did it on autopilot :))

I had an idea this morning in the shower, these are the things that I think about in the shower. They will have to return to earth almost straight away due to a mechanical error, so Howard will actually only get less than a day in space, but for the rest of his life he will mention his time in space and just get reminded that really it was only one day.

I had an idea this morning in the shower, these are the things that I think about in the shower. They will have to return to earth almost straight away due to a mechanical error, so Howard will actually only get less than a day in space, but for the rest of his life he will mention his time in space and just get reminded that really it was only one day.

That would be funny. :)

I had another really strange idea about when Howard comes back what if Sheldon is convinced that real Howard has been replaced by an alien pod thats duplicated Howard in everywhere while in space so he'd actually finally be little nicer to Howard when he comes back because Sheldon is afraid the alien will kill them all and try to take over earth.

I could just see Sheldon having dreams with the real Howard who is stuck on the alien's planet and him trying to build some device to prove that he is still in space operating as a pet for a intelligent super powerful alien race that ride around on genetically energineed flying dolphins but of course everyone just thinks Sheldon is being weird per usual and Howard is just glad that Sheldon is being nice to him for a change without having to be blackmailled. and Sheldon can't tell any one the truth because real Howard in his dream tells him the aliens will kill him if he reveals the truth to anyone else. Of course Sheldon is terrible at keeping secrets but its fun to watch him try.

@ Convict13 Howards dumb luck strikes again. To be honest i can see him messing something up or causing some kind of disaster. It would be funny and very Howard. 

@ Superlovelexi

Sheldon would totally believe that. Remember when Raj and Howard were acting shifty after they connected when he tried to kiss Bernadette?

Sheldon said: I’m going to propose a hypothesis. Last night, Raj accidentally made contact with an alien civilization and has been ordered by the United States government to keep it a secret.

Raj: Nothing happened. Can we please just change the subject?

Sheldon: That sounds rehearsed. We are not alone. :icon_lol:

Loved that... I bet Sheldon watches Xfiles.

I personally would love for season 6 to pick up right where season 5 left off with all of them holding hands.

I think it has to, or at the very least only a day or so later, otherwise the "hand holding", which is a HUGE step for Sheldon, would then seem to be just brushed to the side as a storylin, and then what would have been the point of doing it.

@ Convict13 Howards dumb luck strikes again. To be honest i can see him messing something up or causing some kind of disaster. It would be funny and very Howard. 

@ Superlovelexi

Sheldon would totally believe that. Remember when Raj and Howard were acting shifty after they connected when he tried to kiss Bernadette?

Sheldon said: I’m going to propose a hypothesis. Last night, Raj accidentally made contact with an alien civilization and has been ordered by the United States government to keep it a secret.

Raj: Nothing happened. Can we please just change the subject?

Sheldon: That sounds rehearsed. We are not alone. :icon_lol:

Loved that... I bet Sheldon watches Xfiles.

Yeah I remember that was funny! :icon_lol:

I am one of those who keeps hoping, HOPING, for a return to the focus on Sci-fi, comic books, and science again. Howard in space needing help fom the gang back onearth could really get the ball rolling in that direction.

*Sigh* I SO miss the greatness of Seasons 1 - 3.

I am one of those who keeps hoping, HOPING, for a return to the focus on Sci-fi, comic books, and science again. Howard in space needing help fom the gang back onearth could really get the ball rolling in that direction.

*Sigh* I SO miss the greatness of Seasons 1 - 3.

So something similar to the "space toilet" episode. But yes I'm with you a return to the basics, leave the relationships to be the 2nd story of each episode, but I don't think it will happen.