General TBBT chit chat and Q&A

tsotb

I thought that it would be good to make a tread where people can just talk about general TBBT topics and to ask questions without the worry of not keeping to topic.

I have one question to start off .

Do you think if Raj didn't have his selective mutism , he would be a "chick-magnet" ?

But I seems that when he does have alchohol , he doesn't really find it hard to connect with women. There has been lots of times when we havs become drunk and has started to connect with a women.

In my opinion Raj is the only guy out of the four that I would consider actually dating if he were real and could actually talk to me that is LOL. He is cutest one imo, he is smart, but not really arrogant about it like Sheldon. And not to sound like a golddigger cause I'm not one and make my own money, but Raj does come from money, so any girl would know she'd be taken care of in that sense which is always a positive. And Raj is the most sensitive kind one who knows what a sweetheart neck line is which is cool since I also like fashion and oh yeah he's not super duper attached to his mother figure or lack there of like the other three are. He is only one who is capable of living on his own which shows a certain amount of independence which is good. And except for that one quick draw instance with Penny, he seems like he'd be pretty good in bed especially if he was actually able to get more practice at it. LOL

So I tend to agree with Bernadette that he's just a cutie pie and any girl would be lucky to have Raj, but the problem is that Raj is way too afraid of women to be a good mate to one. I think Beverly was right in part that he has a pathological fear of women because his mother is domineering, his sister is domineering and that fat girl use to beat him up and call him untouchable. His childhood was filled with overly domineering women and so now he's scared to talk to women. But, he has no trouble talking to his mother or his sister, so there is hope that he could learn to be comfortable enough to talk to women someday. I don't think it will be a magical pill though like in that one episode or any sort of alchohol that will do the trick, I think it will take finding the right woman who at first doesn't seem threatening for some reason.

That is why I proposed my idea of Raj meeting a girl that is dressed up like a man when he first meets her because then he would talk to her assuming she was one. With all the jokes about Raj's sexuality, its easy to believe that he could find himself falling in love with a guy, but being just as happy or happier to find out that guy was a woman. It also be really funny trying to watch this girl cover up the fact that she is one while she's with Raj and whether his friends fall for her act or immediately figure it out that she's a girl and then decide not to tell him since she makes him so happy as a guy. I dont think the deaf chick idea works long term unless he learns to use sign language and the deaf chick is not a gold digger like the last one he dated was.

I think that amy should help him. Well she is a neurobiologist and if anyone knows about that stuff its amy.This could also be good because it might make sheldon jealous and could be quite funny to watch.

I think if raj does eventually get over his selective mutism , it should be in a few seasons time. Its too soon.

I think that amy should help him. Well she is a neurobiologist and if anyone knows about that stuff its amy.This could also be good because it might make sheldon jealous and could be quite funny to watch.

I think if raj does eventually get over his selective mutism , it should be in a few seasons time. Its too soon.

The idea was suggested by someone on here not too long ago, that Amy could experiment on Raj to help cure his mutism. It might make for some funny scenes.

I think it be funny to see Raj one of Amy's experiments cures Raj of his selective mutism, but instead causes him to have selective hearing instead. So then he could talk to women, but not hear anything they say. Or he could talk to both sexes, but not be able to hear anything men say, so Amy, Bernadette and Penny would have to tell Raj everything Howard, Sheldon and Leonard said in order for him to respond back.

Yeh I guess but I'm not sure if that will happen because everyone got used to the each of the gangs flaws and changing them completely will maybe not be a good idea

Leonard- lactos

Raj-selective mutism

Sheldon-germophobia

Penny-fear of comitment

Howard- peanut allergy

Amy-makes people uncomfortable

Bernardette-bad with children

I enjoyed season five and I think that if TBBT didn't develope and change, people would eventually get boring as there are only a certain amount of geeky story lines you can have.