The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mjc45

prady on season 6

prady talk to e about season 6

no wedding--penny as to grow.

lot of 6 will be centered on howard/berrie marrage.

mothers will show up-mary v. bev some jealousy

mary and amys mother.

a great season in the making.

Yippee... called this one. Wrote a post a while back saying I wanted the mothers to meet, to see what they made of each other. Thanks mjc45 for sharing. :icon_cheesygrin:

howard/bernie marriage...bleah sounds like a sitcom. Howard & Bernadetter are funnier apart than together imho. Hmm the mothers meeting that sounds like it could be a hoot.

This is the article.

The Beverly-Mary meeting sounds delightful. I'm also interested on where they're going to take the Shamy.. it's clear that there's going to be further progress.

Pomita thanks so much for posting the article. Oh yes, the Shamy will continue; it has to otherwise it would be depressing and kind of mean. Amy yearning and Sheldon not caring.. And I put my money on Mary Cooper to crush Beverly:icon_cheesygrin:

I also like that Sheldon and Amy's mom are going to meet even if it is offscreen. It shows that the writers are taking Shamy very seriously if they actually think its worth it for their families to get closer too. And hope Leonard gets to spend time with Mary just so we can see Jealous Sheldon again lol

This is the article.

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/big_bang_theory_boss_teases_season_six/324413

The Beverly-Mary meeting sounds delightful. I'm also interested on where they're going to take the Shamy.. it's clear that there's going to be further progress.

thanks for the link-- i could not it from work.

glad to see the mothers are comming back,

could be some fireworks.

@moonbase- great catch on the mothers.

Bazinga! I hadn't read the article that Pomita attached so I just thought 'god another syrupy married life sitcom'...but he said it would be important, that's different. It could create all kinds of humourous situations. Someone said they can see Howard sleeping on Sheldon & Leonard's couch a whole lot.

How depressing.

I had been hoping that they would at least pretend that this was still a show about geek / nerd / science culture, but it looks like they're going further down the soap opera path.

howard/bernie marriage...bleah sounds like a sitcom.

Excellent! (It IS a sitcom)

I think annie meant to say, sounds like a drama. I have to admit the whole marriage focus doesn't exactly have me jumping for joy either.

Agreed. I don't watch TBBT for relationship drama. Relationship comedy is okay. I really am not excited by the idea of watching Howard and Bernadette going through marital growing pains. If Lorre and Prady want to tell that story then spin them off into their own show. They can put it on after TBBT. CBS can't seem to find anything else to put in that slot.

Agreed. I don't watch TBBT for relationship drama. Relationship comedy is okay. I really am not excited by the idea of watching Howard and Bernadette going through marital growing pains. If Lorre and Prady want to tell that story then spin them off into their own show. They can put it on after TBBT. CBS can't seem to find anything else to put in that slot.

Yeah but, it's not like there's any other shows out there that focus on relationships. Where else are people going to be able to find that sort of thing? They're doing groundbreaking work here...

In the long and sordid history of sellouts, Prady has to be in the top Ten. I hope he likes being Lorre's Butt-monkey.

P.S. For those of you in rio Dharavi,

"Selling out" is the compromising of integrity, morality, or principles in exchange for money or "success" (however defined).[1] It is commonly associated with attempts to tailor material to a mainstream audience. Any artist who expands their creative path to encompass a wider audience, as opposed to continuing in the genre and venues of their initial success, may be disdainfully labeled by disapproving fans as a sellout, someone who compromises their artistic vision

So, The Big Bang Theory is now like every other sitcom in the history of bad television. How depressing. It's a shame that all of this "growth" is stunting the show's creativity, uniqueness and flavor.

So, The Big Bang Theory is now like every other sitcom in the history of bad television. How depressing. It's a shame that all of this "growth" is stunting the show's creativity, uniqueness and flavor.

It's the Hollywood way. It's why so many girls that go to Hollywood turn into the typical bleach blonde ditzy clones. Take something unique, make it just like everything else.

It's difficult to keep things up past the first few years without making changes, otherwise it stagnates and gets boring. Which is probably why British shows only last a couple of years. ;) It all depends on the strength of the writers if it stays good or not. But to be fair, wouldn't seeing Howard remain just a skeevy perv year after year get old? How long can they do will they/won't they with Leonard and Penny before it becomes "who cares?" How many years can Raj be sad lonely mute guy before we lose any sympathy for him?

The only character that could probably survive without any "growth" is Sheldon, because he's so unique. I like the addition of Amy, though, because they play so well off each other and because it's neat to see Sheldon try to reconcile the completely unknown aspect of "romantic relationship" into his worldview.

It's difficult to keep things up past the first few years without making changes, otherwise it stagnates and gets boring. Which is probably why British shows only last a couple of years. ;) It all depends on the strength of the writers if it stays good or not. But to be fair, wouldn't seeing Howard remain just a skeevy perv year after year get old? How long can they do will they/won't they with Leonard and Penny before it becomes "who cares?" How many years can Raj be sad lonely mute guy before we lose any sympathy for him?

I didn't get sick of him being a skeevy perv, not even close. I am however sick of his character now. Now we get to see Howard and Bernadette do the newlywed dance, the same scenes and jokes we've seen 100 times on 100 different sitcoms. I don't mind them changing the character, but they changed it into something that's been done to death.

The only character that could probably survive without any "growth" is Sheldon, because he's so unique. I like the addition of Amy, though, because they play so well off each other and because it's neat to see Sheldon try to reconcile the completely unknown aspect of "romantic relationship" into his worldview.

Taking a character who from the show's onset is incompatible and unwanting of a relationship, and making him be in one. This is just amazing. Great writing here. This has never been attempted ever on any show ever. Sooooo original. *yawn*

It all depends on why you are watching the show. If you watch because of the relationships then sure, no relationship growth means boring.

But if you watch the show for the science / nerd / geek side of things, then relationship growth is itself boring because its been done so many times on so many shows and it takes up all of the time and gets in the way.

Now if they kept exploring the science / geek / nerd culture and had the characters explore and grow in that direction it would be fabulous.

It all depends on why you are watching the show. If you watch because of the relationships then sure, no relationship growth means boring.

But if you watch the show for the science / nerd / geek side of things, then relationship growth is itself boring because its been done so many times on so many shows and it takes up all of the time and gets in the way.

Hmm. Good point.  I watch it for both aspects though, so I enjoy the relationship stuff.  Or should I say, the "romantic" relationship stuff.  Because all the relationships are really an integral part of the show - Leonard's relationship with Sheldon, Sheldon's relationship with Penny, Raj and Howard's relationship to Leonard and Sheldon, Leonard's relationship to his mother and Sheldon's with his... etc.  It's always been about more than just Halo night and engineering and physics, hasn't it?

Now if they kept exploring the science / geek / nerd culture and had the characters explore and grow in that direction it would be fabulous.

It would be! I'm wondering how you mean grow it in that direction? I can see it with Penny -one thing I do love is how she has become a lot more fluent in geek culture. I was cracking up at her comforting Sheldon in the S3 premiere with an anecdote from Star Trek (only to depress him further because he missed it while he was at the North Pole, lol).

I was hoping Howard and Bernadette's marriage wouldn't be the main focus next season, unless it results in them breaking up. I thought they were at the forefront of season 5 enough. Also Leonard/Penny is kind of tiresome.

Regarding 'Shamy', "we always start from the point of view that Sheldon will permit no advancement whatsoever", that's reassuring to hear from Prady.

I am looking forward to Mary and Beverly meeting. I can see why Beverly would envy Mary having Sheldon as her son but I don't see why Mary would envy Beverly.

Unfortunately it looks like Raj will be left on the backburner again.