The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mjc45

prady on season 6

I agree with the majority of posters, on the first three pages of this thread. It's all very well saying you like both science and relationship but Prady's news was ALL relationship. It did not say they would do science/nerd things, he said the marriage. I don't want to see their marriage and I certainly don't want to see a lot of it.

Fans keep saying they want balance, both nerd and relationship themes but this seems to just be lip service. When some of us show disappointment over the news that there will be a lot of Howard and Bernadette's marriage next season, we just get shot down. There is no balance here. If the relationship side of the show is more important to you, why can't you just be honest and just say it?

In my case, I would if that were my situation, if relationships were the most important thing for me, I'd say it clear and loud. But it's not, so, I don't. :icon_wink:

I'm gonna tell you what is most important for me with the show: To laugh and to be able to relate and continue liking the characters I feel related to because I've always been a nerd too. I'm writing here and not in a "The O.C." forum for a reason! If I were a fan of romance, there are a lot of soaps out there that will be much better suited for my needs, but that's not my thing.

I know that, even when we all are fans of the same show, we all will enjoy different things from it, it's normal if we discuss and disagree, while I still laugh and love it, I understand there are other who don't, we are just exchanging points of view, or at least, I hope. If anything I wrote came across as agressive, or a desperate effort to put others down, I apologize, it's not the intention, I recognize it could because of the way I say things, but I see even the nicest people here have sometimes been called out in their sweetness! ;)

I think most of us like both elements of the show. It's equally important to me that we don't lose the science or nerd factor, in favour of these relationship. One thing I did like from what Prady said is they are keeping shamy going along at the same even pace. If something happens (maybe season 7) it will have more meaning. I expect more kookiness from them next season from this news at least.

Moonbase, I totally agree; wonderful Shamy kookiness is desired. Prady and the writers understand what makes them click; they are different and loveably wacky. There are so many ways to play with them. Just thinking of Sheldon thinking about girls & going crazy that his mind is no longer free from emotions he previously pooh-poohed is delicious.

Moonbase, I totally agree; wonderful Shamy kookiness is desired. Prady and the writers understand what makes them click; they are different and loveably wacky. There are so many ways to play with them. Just thinking of Sheldon thinking about girls & going crazy that his mind is no longer free from emotions he previously pooh-poohed is delicious.

What you wrote just reminded me of when he changed the address of the building because he thought Amy wanted a relationship. He's come a long way.

What you wrote just reminded me of when he changed the address of the building because he thought Amy wanted a relationship. He's come a long way.

He has.. and not without his share of kicking and screaming! I'm sure there's plenty of that still left, too. :D

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I agree with the majority of posters, on the first three pages of this thread. It's all very well saying you like both science and relationship but Prady's news was ALL relationship. It did not say they would do science/nerd things, he said the marriage. I don't want to see their marriage and I certainly don't want to see a lot of it.

it was all relationship because the interviewer only asked about the relationships. That doesn't mean that is gonna be all about relationships.

it was all relationship because the interviewer only asked about the relationships. That doesn't mean that is gonna be all about relationships.

Good point. In fact the writers are, in general, careful to state that there will be enough science/geeky stuff too - that's what they said before season 5.

Good point. In fact the writers are, in general, careful to state that there will be enough science/geeky stuff too - that's what they said before season 5.

They lied, then. Season five was the most relationship-heavy and the least geeky thus far. Even those who prefer the relationships admit that.

I will wait and see, but I'm njot very hopefull about the news on 'growth' and Howard's marriage sounds like a soap. It's very "Friends".

I have to agree with this, I don't want the show to concentrate too much on his marriage. I still kind of want it too be about the 4 scientists who can't get girls...although its just raj now.

I think that the only relationship worth concentrating on is shamy. There are a lot of fun/geeky story lines you can make from that but the other relationships. Are abit dull.

Of course they have to include the other relationships but I. Think they need to tone it down a little.

I say tone down the leonard/penny and the howard /bernadette , keep the shamy the same and add more geeky , sciency storylines.

They lied, then. Season five was the most relationship-heavy and the least geeky thus far. Even those who prefer the relationships admit that.

For me, since the Sheldon/Amy relationship rings perfectly true to the 'geeky flavor' of the show, I didn't really notice it as such. They did try to keep the science/geek aspect in other ways too, where they could give a nod to it, like space travel and Star Wars weekends and brain dissections and Sheldon presenting a Higgs paper to Hawkings. Leonard/Penny was brought into the limelight a little but not as much as in season 3, for example.

What did feel a little relationship-heavy to me was the focus on Howard/Bernadette storylines, which I find I don't enjoy that much. But I'm expecting there will be less of that in season 6, since most of their issues were a build-up to their marriage. As in real life, things should settle down and be less 'eventful' after marriage.

For me, since the Sheldon/Amy relationship rings perfectly true to the 'geeky flavor' of the show, I didn't really notice it as such. They did try to keep the science/geek aspect in other ways too, where they could give a nod to it, like space travel and Star Wars weekends and brain dissections and Sheldon presenting a Higgs paper to Hawkings. Leonard/Penny was brought into the limelight a little but not as much as in season 3, for example.

What did feel a little relationship-heavy to me was the focus on Howard/Bernadette storylines, which I find I don't enjoy that much. But I'm expecting there will be less of that in season 6, since most of their issues were a build-up to their marriage. As in real life, things should settle down and be less 'eventful' after marriage.

Agree with you Pomita, I'd be happy with less Howard/Bernadette they never include funny lines about her doing science anymore, just her turning into his mother -ugh...Also I'm with you Tsotb, Amy/Sheldon is perfect as they are both geeky/science nerdy, I could do with less Penny/Sheldon unless she gets sucked into another science conference, that would be fun. You can use the science as the basis of funny/geeky/romantic episodes.

From what Prady said, I fully expect next season to feature too much Howard and Bernadette. While we all want human aspects to give warmth to the stories, I too, hoped that once these two were wed there would be less, not more of this relationship. They are not a massively interesting couple because relationship stories like theirs is limited and unoriginal.

I don't mind Bernadette but sometimes I wonder why they made her so prim. If she'd been a little less so, Howard could have maintained some of his naughty humour. He's a lot less funny these days. I have to admit when she said 'don't talk like that on your wedding day' I rolled my eyes a little. She's a little prudish and he can't even make a cheeky one-liner in her presence, without being told off.

There's been a lot of dislike aimed at Amy but in my opinion it has not been this character which has forced the most change. We have thread after thread attacking her but IMO she has preserved Sheldon. Yet Bernadette has taken something away that is a huge loss to the quantity of humour on the show. Howards wife could have been an ex stripper or something but he's with someone who has completely conquered him and now he's reduced to oedipus jokes.

i want to see penny audition for a play or something

Judging by her lack of acting jobs, and the brief little bit we get to hear of her sing before an audition, I wouldn't want to. She sounds like a horrible actress.

I think Penny acting when she was teaching Sheldon to act was pretty good. I'd like to see her career move forward or at least get a different job besides Cheesecake factory waitress. That is just demeaning when everyone else on show has these great jobs they love I'd like to see Penny doing what she loves maybe work at a shoe store or open up her own shop and sell Penny Blossoms and Blue tooths lol

Where are Howard and Bernadette going to live in season 6??? With Howard's Mother??

Well Howard probably wants to stay there til she finally dies so then he and Bernadette can just move into the big bedroom, but I hope they search for a new place to live. I think it be cool for them to get their own place and have gang all come over and hang out and Sheldon freak out about having to help them move or trying to figure out where he will sit in their new house. They could even move into an apartment in Raj's building to keep him company.

prady talk to e about season 6

no wedding--penny as to grow.

lot of 6 will be centered on howard/berrie marrage.

mothers will show up-mary v. bev some jealousy

mary and amys mother.

a great season in the making.

I wonder if Sheldon will let slip to his mum that Beverly kissed him? He seemed to have no problem keeping that secret from Leonard.

prady talk to e about season 6

no wedding--penny as to grow.

lot of 6 will be centered on howard/berrie marrage.

mothers will show up-mary v. bev some jealousy

mary and amys mother.

a great season in the making.

I wonder if Sheldon will let slip to his mum that Beverly kissed him? He seemed to have no problem keeping that secret from Leonard.

Haha, the reaction of Sheldon's mum to that news could be funny.

I got into the show due to the nerdiness, and the fact that I love pop-culture references, and probably most importantly...Sheldon's arrogant put-downs. general sarcasm and his character overall.

I have always found relationship aspect , dialogue and scenarios to be totally unfunny. After Amy became less like Sheldon and tried to move towards a more normal relationship ,her scenes also became totally unfunny to me. Some people find the relationship between Amy and Sheldon to be funny, but I cannot remember ANY of these scenes where I had a laugh. The same goes for ANY of the other romantic or relationship scenes between ANY of the characters.

The only things I found funny were the comments made by others about said relationships like the runniing gags about L/P at the beginning or Sheldons comments to Leonard if Leonard tried to discuss his problems with him.

I could put up with relationship scenes in the early days as the relationships were mainly dealt with by cast members talking about the failings of relationships. Once the protagonists actually got together themselves...no laughs....ever...as far as I can remember. And these scenes have become ever more frequent.

I predict I will see the plot summary for ep01 of se06, and not bother to watch it, for the first time in years.

Thats interesting, just goes to show everyone sees things some hate the relationship humor some love it. Personally, I think show is funnier with them in their new relationships especially Shamy. i also think nerd culture jokes are funny too. I doubt relationship humor is ever going away, so I plan to enjoy season six.

Unfortunatly, Prady is saying "that Howard and Bernadette's marriage will be an important part of season six". Sounds to me like you'll get more rather than less.

Unfortunatly, Prady is saying "that Howard and Bernadette's marriage will be an important part of season six". Sounds to me like you'll get more rather than less.

I wouldn't want it to be more than in season 5. Not sure if that's what he means. Let's see.

I wouldn't want it to be more than in season 5. Not sure if that's what he means. Let's see.

I think that having 3 relationship storylines is too much. I would like to see less of Bernadette and Amy, but I understand that with Amy being Sheldon's girlfriend she is going to be more front and centre. The mention of a relationship for Raj, I do hope that it is just his bonding with his new dog and not of the romantic sort.