The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MissNobodyx

Penny's flats

I'm pretty sure they make her wear flats because she's already two inches taller than Leonard, and they're supposed to be a cute couple. She already calls all the shots in their relationship, to have her physically towering over him on top of that would just be overkill.

I agree it's annoying because it doesn't really suit her personality, but at the same time, I'm glad Leonard isn't eye-level with her chest all the time. Awkward...!

I've never thought about it. It certainly doesn't bother me even now it's been pointed out. Heels are bad for girls feet anyway, they cripple you over time and some older ladies can't walk properly because of years wearing them. At least Kaley will have healthy feet. :) What sticks out more to me is how all the men in the show are so short, except Jim. He looks like the giant of the group.

Thats a really interesting fact..because she owns so many high heeled shoes yet never wears them. We can see her shoes on that episode where leonard and the boys come up with a new app.

I'm pretty sure they make her wear flats because she's already two inches taller than Leonard, and they're supposed to be a cute couple. She already calls all the shots in their relationship, to have her physically towering over him on top of that would just be overkill.

I agree it's annoying because it doesn't really suit her personality, but at the same time, I'm glad Leonard isn't eye-level with her chest all the time. Awkward...!

I agree about the personality.

I was watchin the episode where she goes with Raj to his 30 under 30 thing and I just thought seriously flats with that outfit lol

I am never looking at Penny's feet so it doesn't bother me. I think wardrobe doesn't have her in heels to keep her height down otherwise she would tower over everyone but Sheldon.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

also, remember Kaley had a serious leg injury. I know she wears heels at events, but I seriously doubt she could be wearing heels for the 4 hours it takes to record an episode.

I remember at the 100 episodes party, she was photographed barefoot, so I guess, she cannot wear heels for that long.

I think I've noticed her footwear ONCE. In the Ep where she dated Stuart and she said "Oh Leonard" or something to that effect when kissing him. The next day, she was eating at Sheldon and Leonard's. Simple top and shorts, but wore big furry Uggs style boots that went up to her calves.

It was as if a blind, drunk assistant dressed her and she was somehow obligated to wear whatever they came up with.

This.

Also, half the time she's at work or going to or from work, where she wouldn't wear heels.

I like that she wears flats she kind of reminds me of a tomboy sometimes and she dresses pretty cute when she gets dolled up, but still wearing sensible shoes its like a real world girl/waitress would wear not a hollywood socialite who has a lot of money to buy fancy Manolos caused lets face it Penny is poor. She can't afford expensive clothes and even stole clothes from a donation box so I think it be unrealistic if she was shown wearing expensive high heels all time and inexpensive ones are cheap and cheap high heels would break quick going up and down three flights of stairs every day multiple times a day.

As has been said Penny has plenty of heels [some not so cheap... the episode the shoes persuade her not to return them!]

If we are talking about fashion crimes Howard has to take one for the team.

Dr. Cooper on the other hand is sartorial elegance personified :icon_wink:

...day to day the job and the broken lift are big factors