Who I Think Should Be Raj's Girlfriend

Wow, Raj talked to Missy the entire episode as he was on the experimental pharma, and she called him 'cutie-pie' not the others & she told them 'no' nicely. So yes she was being sweet. Missy is kind, she told her brother she'd welcome a close relationship. I thought She and Raj had chemistry. I did find Martha cute too, though she was for Sheldon.

Hm, Raj is working with Sheldon. I wonder how the writers will include the big news coming out of Cerne this week about the Higgs boson?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raj couldn't say a word to her when they first met. Does anyone think that it is possible that Penny told her why? Then later after taking the pills he could talk to her but he had some side affects. Think she might have noticed? Think she might have noticed that he suddenly couldn't talk to her again?

It looked to me like she knew that he couldn't talk to her and she knew why.

Hmmm maybe but to me it was simpler than that, I think the medication just wore off at the wrong moment and that was the entire gag. Three nerds try their luck and the only one who stands a chance can't even talk to her. It was pretty uncomplicated. She definitely gave him a look. But I think Convict13 has a point. Having every character dating could be a bit much so maybe he's better single.

Like it or not, whether it was a spur of the moment thing or not, TPTB of the show have left Raj's sexual orientation up to question. It is not certain that Raj would even have a "girlfriend" if he finds someone he wants to have a long term romantic relationship with.

I'd hate it if they made Raj gay. It would ruin his unique 'feminine' look on life - his appreciation for Sandra Bullock movies, Sex And The City, New Moon, etc - and just make him a stereotyped gay man.

I agree, I would quite like a gay character on TBBT but to me, Raj is just a girly boy and that's the humour intended. The joke is on him, so to speak and not literal.

Although Rick is correct in saying they could make him gay if they wanted. It might refresh the character, who knows.

Of all the main male characters, Raj would actually make the "best" boyfriend/mate/husband. He's a nice guy, he's sensitive, he's pretty normal, and if he ever got over his "thing" about talking to women, he'd be knee deep in potential girlfriends (despite the sweater vests).

If they give the character a girlfriend, I hope it's someone nice. It could be hilarious if she was smoking hot, too, and the guys were insanely jealous. Maybe someone of Native American descent so he could tell his folks he was dating an Indian.

Of all the main male characters, Raj would actually make the "best" boyfriend/mate/husband. He's a nice guy, he's sensitive, he's pretty normal, and if he ever got over his "thing" about talking to women, he'd be knee deep in potential girlfriends (despite the sweater vests).

If they give the character a girlfriend, I hope it's someone nice. It could be hilarious if she was smoking hot, too, and the guys were insanely jealous. Maybe someone of Native American descent so he could tell his folks he was dating an Indian.

Raj: "That's RACIST! dude" :icon_lol:

Seriously though I totally agree with you I think Raj is cute and adorable he deserves someone too. I'm tired of him being the lonely mute with noone to go to pilates classes with and I want his parents to get off his back and stop trying to control him from India.

It has already been established on the show that he is not gay. When he was dreaming about bernadette, he said (something like) "I am so not gay."

Whether it was a last minute thing or not, the writers have Bernadette use the phrase "metro-sexual my a$$". I believe that the directors/writers have a direction that they plan on having the Raj character go, and that they would not have a line that would throw that in a totally different direction. Therefore I believe that they could very well have Raj discovering that he is gay. There have been plenty of hints that it is more then him just being effeminate. One that stands out is his fond remembrance of when they were in the Arctic, the heat went out, and they all slept naked in the same bed. For a man to enjoy that situation is a strong indicator that he may be gay. I am not saying that I hope they do, I am saying that there have been strong hints that they may.

If they want to introduce a gay character into the show, it would be much funnier and decidedly less cliche if they wrote it to be one of Penny's old macho looking/acting boyfriends.

Just sayin'. Let's break some stereotypes here.

If they want to introduce a gay character into the show, it would be much funnier and decidedly less cliche if they wrote it to be one of Penny's old macho looking/acting boyfriends.

Just sayin'. Let's break some stereotypes here.

Yeah Kurt!:icon_cheesygrin:

It has already been established on the show that he is not gay. When he was dreaming about bernadette, he said (something like) "I am so not gay."

Whether it was a last minute thing or not, the writers have Bernadette use the phrase "metro-sexual my a$$". I believe that the directors/writers have a direction that they plan on having the Raj character go, and that they would not have a line that would throw that in a totally different direction. Therefore I believe that they could very well have Raj discovering that he is gay. There have been plenty of hints that it is more then him just being effeminate. One that stands out is his fond remembrance of when they were in the Arctic, the heat went out, and they all slept naked in the same bed. For a man to enjoy that situation is a strong indicator that he may be gay. I am not saying that I hope they do, I am saying that there have been strong hints that they may.

I personally feel the metrosexual comment was just a gag and nothing more. Raj was the one in the earlier episodes that always ended up with a girl having sex when the guys would go out. I don't think they will make him gay.

By "always" I assume you mean twice, if you count the time he and Sheldon went out, and I am not sure that you should count that as one of the times when the guys went out. To say that if a man has had sex with women in the past therefore he can't be gay is erroneous. There have been many cases where a man has been married to a woman for years and even has children then he announces one day that he is gay. There have been multiple occasions where Raj has said or done things that hint that perhaps the writers are working towards him being gay.

By "always" I assume you mean twice, if you count the time he and Sheldon went out, and I am not sure that you should count that as one of the times when the guys went out. To say that if a man has had sex with women in the past therefore he can't be gay is erroneous. There have been many cases where a man has been married to a woman for years and even has children then he announces one day that he is gay. There have been multiple occasions where Raj has said or done things that hint that perhaps the writers are working towards him being gay.

I have my opinion, you have yours. We will just have to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we have two options to find a future Raj's girlfriend, to create a new Character or to recycle an old character

If the producers decide for the first option there are some actresses they can choice depending the type of girl they want for example:

The Ill-humored Asian Girl: can be like a art martial master to the gang, and let Penny can be the first season's sweet girl again, The Actress can be : Julia Ling.

The Cute and sweet girl: well I think another sweet girl can let to Bernadette rougher, she can be a former Bernadette’s classmate from the catholic school The Actress can be: Amber Tamblyn

The Committed Girl: a girl into green peace, or every good or extreme cause, can takes the gang to strange parades or asking why they waste their time playing instead doing something for the planet The actress can be: Odette Annable

The Normal Girl: another normal Girl can help Penny to feel not lonely in the nerdish world, and always will be great to see the guys teaching geek stuff to someone The actress can be: Mekenna Melvin.

The Eccentric girl: forget the hotness we want comedy so a eccentric girl is something we need, a girl into yoga, and vegetarianism, someone can drive Sheldon crazy with strange theories The actress can be: Lauren Lapkus.

The Indian Girl: ok that is too easy but imagine an Indian girl, hot and beauty, that loves her culture perfect to be the daughter in law for the Koothropali Family, the problem: she is the daugther of Raj's father rival, we will have a Romeo and Juliet thing in Indian style The Actress can be : Rebecca Hazlewood

if they decide to recycle Character I think they I would like to see one of them

Erin Allin O'Reilly: As Cheryl again, we need someone else in cheek cake factory

Elizabeth Bogush: As Dr. Catherine Millstone ,her character can forgive Raj attitude in The Pirate solution, work with him and fall in love with him.

Danika Mckellar: for every reason you said before.

Courtney Ford: she can come back and fall in love with Raj, forgetting hes rage against Leonard.

I think we have two options to find a future Raj's girlfriend, to create a new Character or to recycle an old character

If the producers decide for the first option there are some actresses they can choice depending the type of girl they want for example:

The Ill-humored Asian Girl: can be like a art martial master to the gang, and let Penny can be the first season's sweet girl again, The Actress can be : Julia Ling.

The Cute and sweet girl: well I think another sweet girl can let to Bernadette rougher, she can be a former Bernadette’s classmate from the catholic school The Actress can be: Amber Tamblyn

The Committed Girl: a girl into green peace, or every good or extreme cause, can takes the gang to strange parades or asking why they waste their time playing instead doing something for the planet The actress can be: Odette Annable

The Normal Girl: another normal Girl can help Penny to feel not lonely in the nerdish world, and always will be great to see the guys teaching geek stuff to someone The actress can be: Mekenna Melvin.

The Eccentric girl: forget the hotness we want comedy so a eccentric girl is something we need, a girl into yoga, and vegetarianism, someone can drive Sheldon crazy with strange theories The actress can be: Lauren Lapkus.

The Indian Girl: ok that is too easy but imagine an Indian girl, hot and beauty, that loves her culture perfect to be the daughter in law for the Koothropali Family, the problem: she is the daugther of Raj's father rival, we will have a Romeo and Juliet thing in Indian style The Actress can be : Rebecca Hazlewood

if they decide to recycle Character I think they I would like to see one of them

Erin Allin O'Reilly: As Cheryl again, we need someone else in cheek cake factory

Elizabeth Bogush: As Dr. Catherine Millstone ,her character can forgive Raj attitude in The Pirate solution, work with him and fall in love with him.

Courtney Ford: she can come back and fall in love with Raj, forgetting hes rage against Leonard.

Blimey! so many girls for Raj so little screen time. :icon_lol:

From what they said at Comic Con I suspect it's going to be a little unconventional. An inappropriate relationship with an older woman? or his therapist? or even a boy at a push.

Blimey! so many girls for Raj so little screen time. :icon_lol:

From what they said at Comic Con I suspect it's going to be a little unconventional. An inappropriate relationship with an older woman? or his therapist? or even a boy at a push.

Maybe he starts a long distance relationship with Sheldon's mother, or more likely, Sheldon's brother.

After what they said at comic con, I am little nervous about what they are going to do with Raj. If you watch Kunal's interviews at comic con, he seems a little concerned too because they said "it".

here is his round table

@Rick

Sheldon's brother making an appearance might be cool. Could be Leonard's mum as well? She's on the prowl...

@ Bazingafan

I know, Kunal seems a little wary but excited. He was very happy on the panel, married life must be treating him well.

@Rick

Sheldon's brother making an appearance might be cool. Could be Leonard's mum as well? She's on the prowl...

@ Bazingafan

I know, Kunal seems a little wary but excited. He was very happy on the panel, married life must be treating him well.

I would like to see an episode with all of Sheldon's family, including his Memaw.