Sheldon??

Bazinga12

Raj made a good roommate, temporarily but I don't know if he would have last 7 years living with Sheldon like Leonard has. When Raj and Sheldon worked together they ended up having a big fight and blowing up a parrot.

Sheldon may give the impression he could exchange Leonard for someone else but he can be a contradiction. What he believes he should think and his actions don't always match up. How many times did he say 'Amy is a girl, she is not my girlfriend' ? He can state a fact with such conviction and totally convince everyone but then do the complete opposite. It's part of what makes him so interesting.

Only Leonard could put up with Sheldon that long and he does it only because Sheldon saved his life from the rocket fuel explosion that blew up the elevator. Otherwise, as Leonard told Penny, he would have been long gone.

I think Penny living across the hall is what is keeping him living with Sheldon.

Sheldon saying Amy is not my girlfriend convinced me that she would be his girlfriend eventually and that was writers way of getting us ready for it. I also think if that relationship contines and if Leonard and Penny's relationship continues than natural progression would lead to them living together at least temporarily, because often what couples do. Howard once thought Katie Sachoff was the woman of his dreams now he thinks Bernadette is and they are married, only a matter of time before his friends follow his direction. Leonard already wants it he just has to convinced Penny. Sheldon acts like he doesn't but his actions show otherwise and Amy would totally go for it and is trying to move their relationship to next level always. And Raj desperately wants it so bad he almost married a lesbian chick.

I was making a point about how Sheldon values Leonard's friendship more than he lets on, not supporting even more romantic relationship advancement on this show. There are other types of relationships in this world, including friendship which is just as important, even more so to some of us. And this show is just as much about these interactions as who ends up with who.

I love Leonard and Sheldon's friendship its great, so I don't see that that changing anytime soon or their living arrangement changing either but even if they didn't live together I still think they would stay friends, maybe even be better friends than they are now because Leonard gets so tired of being Sheldon's go to guy all time and already mentioned once that he'd like to live with Penny, and Sheldon enjoyed having Raj cook for him and he likes Amy's cooking too so I could see him temporarily staying with either of them, but then them getting tired of him very quickly. I think Sheldon and Leonard would miss each other somewhat at first if they didn't live together, but if they lived right across hall from each other it wouldn't be a big deal cause they'd be over each other's place all the time so it just depends.

Besides, My original idea included the idea of Penny living with Amy as they are friends too. Sheldon and Leonard already live together and are friends so obviously that is great and will continue, but that wasn't my idea. I just like posing new ideas for fun and not just keeping everything same old same old because thats what some people are comfortable with after awhile its interesting to see new friendships and relationships form on any show and actors seem to really be enjoying these new relationships and friendships too so its not like it has to be permanent its just could create some funny scenes/episodes in my opinion to see living arrangements switch up a bit on show kind of like episode where they all stayed in a hotel and kept switching rooms. I thought that was funny idea.

Honestly, I think it would still be funny to see any of Sheldon's friends or his girlfriend live with him for awhile because Sheldon just knows how to drive everyone nuts so thats why I brought it up cause I think it make for funny episode not to start a friendships vs relationships debate because really its obvious both are important aspects of the show, but that doesn't mean the living arrangements for some of characters might not change eventually. I actually just read an article that writers are already discussing possible new living arrangements for Howard and Bernadette once he returns from space and I wonder if they'll keep living with Howard's mom or more than likely get their own place in Pasadena, but who knows we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I love Leonard and Sheldon's friendship its great, so I don't see that that changing anytime soon or their living arrangement changing either but even if they didn't live together I still think they would stay friends, maybe even be better friends than they are now because Leonard gets so tired of being Sheldon's go to guy all time and already mentioned once that he'd like to live with Penny, and Sheldon enjoyed having Raj cook for him and he likes Amy's cooking too so I could see him temporarily staying with either of them, but then them getting tired of him very quickly. I think Sheldon and Leonard would miss each other somewhat at first if they didn't live together, but if they lived right across hall from each other it wouldn't be a big deal cause they'd be over each other's place all the time so it just depends.

Besides, My original idea included the idea of Penny living with Amy as they are friends too. Sheldon and Leonard already live together and are friends so obviously that is great and will continue, but that wasn't my idea. I just like posing new ideas for fun and not just keeping everything same old same old because thats what some people are comfortable with after awhile its interesting to see new friendships and relationships form on any show and actors seem to really be enjoying these new relationships and friendships too so its not like it has to be permanent its just could create some funny scenes/episodes in my opinion to see living arrangements switch up a bit on show kind of like episode where they all stayed in a hotel and kept switching rooms. I thought that was funny idea.

Honestly, I think it would still be funny to see any of Sheldon's friends or his girlfriend live with him for awhile because Sheldon just knows how to drive everyone nuts so thats why I brought it up cause I think it make for funny episode not to start a friendships vs relationships debate because really its obvious both are important aspects of the show, but that doesn't mean the living arrangements for some of characters might not change eventually. I actually just read an article that writers are already discussing possible new living arrangements for Howard and Bernadette once he returns from space and I wonder if they'll keep living with Howard's mom or more than likely get their own place in Pasadena, but who knows we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Let's remember Amy & Sheldon were friends first who are now starting a relationship; it's not either/or. Additionally Leonard is so very needy, deep down I think he enjoys living with Sheldon as he's so needed. I can't see Amy being Sheldon's roomie as she's brilliant & confident too; Penny works with Sheldon better, ironically I can see them being roomates. An Alpha like Sheldon needs a Beta. That's another reason I think Penny/Leonard don't really work as a couple; they're both Betas.

I wonder about Howard & Bernadette too, I think she'll demand her own place but Howard will need his mom to wash his undies & take him to the dentist, he's high maintenance & Bernie doesn't want to/ has her job at the big pharma to do this. She needs Mrs. Wolowitz.

Let's remember Amy & Sheldon were friends first who are now starting a relationship; it's not either/or. Additionally Leonard is so very needy, deep down I think he enjoys living with Sheldon as he's so needed. I can't see Amy being Sheldon's roomie as she's brilliant & confident too; Penny works with Sheldon better, ironically I can see them being roomates. An Alpha like Sheldon needs a Beta. That's another reason I think Penny/Leonard don't really work as a couple; they're both Betas.

I wonder about Howard & Bernadette too, I think she'll demand her own place but Howard will need his mom to wash his undies & take him to the dentist, he's high maintenance & Bernie doesn't want to/ has her job at the big pharma to do this. She needs Mrs. Wolowitz.

Its amazing how differently we all think. As far as I'm concerned Penny is the alpha female of the show. Always has been. Even with the introduction of Amy and Bernadette, shes still the alpha of the girls. She could never room with Sheldon, she's too messy and would not adhere to his rules.

Interesting. Hmm, remember when Penny was okay with Priya and Leonard and then by the end of the episode Amy had her crying & attached to electrodes? I can see Sheldon and Penny negotiating. Sheldon would get Penny to shape up and stop drinking, do something with her life, while Sheldon would have the warmth that his mother gave him & which he likes & needs. She was practically living in their apt while she & Leonard were engaging in coitus & he put up with her.

Why would an intelligent person work with the government instead of being a physicist? What a travesty. :icon_twisted:

What's wonderful is devotion to science, Sheldon has what he needs, he's impervious to society's message about what he should want, which is why he's so great.

This. Totally.

I don't see the Sheldon/Leonard living arrangement changing any time soon, and much as I love the Shamy, I like it that way.. for me, Sheldon and Leonard living together and apartment 4A are somehow the heart of the show.

@ Pomita

I second that. The apartment and friendship is the centre on the TBBT universe.

@ annieogly

Still amazed at how differently we think. :icon_cheesygrin: Penny's the non-nerd of the girls, she's the queen bee. As much as I love Amy she's doesn't step on Penny's toes and she wouldn't dream of it.

As far as Sheldon and Penny are concerned, what you suggest is very idealistic and ignores the fact Sheldon isn't like that often. He's not a negotiator. He can be very kind occasionally. But can you really see Penny thinking 'wow that Sheldon would make a great room mate?' *snicker*

But can you really see Penny thinking 'wow that Sheldon would make a great room mate?' *snicker*

Let's not forget that she was incredulously asking Raj (in the season 4 finale) whatever had possessed him to have watched Leonard suffer Sheldon for years and then told himself 'I want some of that'. :D

But can you really see Penny thinking 'wow that Sheldon would make a great room mate?' *snicker*

Let's not forget that she was incredulously asking Raj (in the season 4 finale) whatever had possessed him to have watched Leonard suffer Sheldon for years and then told himself 'I want some of that'. :D

@moonbase; true Penny is the social queen bee; kind of like Leonard is the social hub of the guy, much to Sheldon's chagrin. But to my mind Amy is the alpha. Most of season 5 I found Amy uber needy & a bit cloying until that great 2nd to last episode where she decides how things with Sheldon will change.

@Pomita; lol very true, Raj did get into it. Penny & Sheldon as temporary roommates would give the writers lots of material; nothing like conflict to make for a fun show. I'm a Shamy fan too but I can't see them living together either. Leonard is just going to have to live there forever:icon_wink:

Its amazing how differently we all think. As far as I'm concerned Penny is the alpha female of the show. Always has been. Even with the introduction of Amy and Bernadette, shes still the alpha of the girls. She could never room with Sheldon, she's too messy and would not adhere to his rules.

I agree Penny and Sheldon would make terrible roommates and drive each other nuts. He is too neurotic and clean she is too messy and lazy to live with him. I think Amy and Sheldon would make great roommates, because they both keep very clean living quarters, Amy is willing to adhere to Sheldon's rules already with their relationship agreement which is just like roommate agreement maybe even stricter in some areas and they could still have separate bedrooms at Sheldon's place because she'd stay in Leonard's room.