The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShellyBean

Sheldon and Amy's relationship in Season 6 ?

Why I think the Shamy will take a step forward in their relationship,

-In the 23rd episode of Season 5 we see Amy trying to make Sheldon have more feelings towards her by cooking his favorite foods, drinks and so on in their dinner date.

-In the same episode Sheldon talks to Leonard of how these experiments of Amy are resulting in him to have affectionate feelings towards her. Is it possible that Sheldon has finally fallen in love with Amy but doesn't want to admit it ?

- In the season finale we see the biggest human side of Sheldon, when he takes Amy's hand as he watches Howard take off in the rocket to space.

Will we get to see Sheldon going on more dates with Amy and having a physical relationship in season 6? What do you all think ?:icon_confused:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Well, I'm sure we will see more dates since Sheldon and Amy's Date Night is every second Thursday of the month, and in the case of there being five Thursdays in a month, Date Night will be on the third Thursday instead. So, dates are a sure thing. I would love to see a double date with them + Leonard & Penny or Howard & Bernadette.

Now, regarding feelings, I do think he's had them for a while, he's just not aware of the nature of those feelings, or he just doesn't want to admit them. I think we will see more of Sheldon reacting to Amy in ways he doesn't expect. I don't think they'll go to a physical relationship though, maybe Sheldon hugging her or kissing her unexpectedly but, I think they will save the "physical" part for Season 7 or 8 (if there is one)

I just want to see Sheldon finally initiate a kiss between them next season. Even though I'm writing a fic right now where they will do all the stuff they mentioned in the Isolation Permutation to each other. I think that its more appropriate for them to wait for that on show maybe even until after marriage or last episode of the series for coitus. Instead I think a kiss from Sheldon could even be more exciting to see than sex would because this is a sitcom and in sitcoms sex most often used in such an awkward comical ways on purpose, but kisses can actually be really HOT and romantic! Their first kiss was first time we see Sheldon actually not be awkward with physical contact and just abandon himself into it and actually enjoy it which you can tell he did by his spock quote "fascinating" comment after their kiss and way he didn't break eye contact like he wanted more.

Sheldon and Amy behave like two young kids who are falling in love, but don't quite understand it or know how to handle it all yet. So a kiss from Sheldon would mean he is finally willing to accept that he isn't asexual or a robot but that he does have romantic feelings for Amy, strong feelings that he'd even desire to express them in a physical way which is something he is so oppose to normally. And I think Amy should keep trying to make him happy like she was at end of last season, but also stand up for herself more so he will respect her more and not just use the relationship agreement to get his way all the time.

I also think Amy should start hanging out with his friends more like maybe they can all go to see a drive in movie together, you know the kind where all the couples start making out halfway through it. I can just see Leonard/Pennyor Howard/Bernadette all making out while Amy and Sheldon watch the movie instead but then start to feel social obligated to make out too because everyone else is doing it and we all know how much Sheldon likes to adhere to social convention.:icon_cheesygrin:

I just want to see Sheldon finally initiate a kiss between them next season. Even though I'm writing a fic right now where they will do all the stuff they mentioned in the Isolation Permutation to each other. I think that its more appropriate for them to wait for that on show maybe even until after marriage or last episode of the series for coitus. Instead I think a kiss from Sheldon could even be more exciting to see than sex would because this is a sitcom and in sitcoms sex most often used in such an awkward comical ways on purpose, but kisses can actually be really HOT and romantic! Their first kiss was first time we see Sheldon actually not be awkward with physical contact and just abandon himself into it and actually enjoy it which you can tell he did by his spock quote "fascinating" comment after their kiss and way he didn't break eye contact like he wanted more.

Sheldon and Amy behave like two young kids who are falling in love, but don't quite understand it or know how to handle it all yet. So a kiss from Sheldon would mean he is finally willing to accept that he isn't asexual or a robot but that he does have romantic feelings for Amy, strong feelings that he'd even desire to express them in a physical way which is something he is so oppose to normally. And I think Amy should keep trying to make him happy like she was at end of last season, but also stand up for herself more so he will respect her more and not just use the relationship agreement to get his way all the time.

I also think Amy should start hanging out with his friends more like maybe they can all go to see a drive in movie together, you know the kind where all the couples start making out halfway through it. I can just see Leonard/Pennyor Howard/Bernadette all making out while Amy and Sheldon watch the movie instead but then start to feel social obligated to make out too because everyone else is doing it and we all know how much Sheldon likes to adhere to social convention.:icon_cheesygrin:

I agree with Sursonica, that Sheldon's had feelings all this time for Amy; otherwise why 25 cats or be jealous of Stuart? I think the fun of this season will him be wrestling & resisting & yielding to emotion. A kiss initiated by Sheldon would be just right for season 6; they're both so sweet and innocent and kisses are romantic:icon_biggrin:

i'd like to see there feeling for eachother be less subtle

season 5 ep 23 might be the most subtle episode in the world when it comes to this

I just want to see Sheldon finally initiate a kiss between them next season. .:icon_cheesygrin:

I agree with Sursonica, that Sheldon's had feelings all this time for Amy; otherwise why 25 cats or be jealous of Stuart? I think the fun of this season will him be wrestling & resisting & yielding to emotion. A kiss initiated by Sheldon would be just right for season 6; they're both so sweet and innocent and kisses are romantic:icon_biggrin:

Glad we're all on the same page :icon_wink:

I'll wager some lunch money on the Sheldon initiating a kiss theory. Sounds very possible given that we progressed to a hug in season 5.

So... coitus in season 6 or season 7 ??

I like Amy she has changed a lot (for the better) from the beginning of season 4 when she was a bit robotic like when she spoke to people and I think Sheldon is falling big time for her

• Like 1

I want Sheldon to initiate a kiss, definitely. No coitus in season 6 (though that'd be kind of ironic) That'd be a way to huge step for him I think. But ummm, I wish that he's starting to show a little bit more emotions towards Amy, but staying Sheldon to everyone else if you get what I mean :)

I agree with everyone... a kiss initiated by sheldon would be perfect for next season, but still keep sheldon "sheldon". I can't decide though, if I'd rather see sheldon kiss early on in the season and have it be a surprise for amy, or have some more hand handling and cuddling first.

The downhill slide to "Friends" continues............

agreed. depressing. just depressing.

The downhill slide to "Friends" continues............

agreed. depressing. just depressing.

Thirded.

I agree with everyone... a kiss initiated by sheldon would be perfect for next season, but still keep sheldon "sheldon". I can't decide though, if I'd rather see sheldon kiss early on in the season and have it be a surprise for amy, or have some more hand handling and cuddling first.

Maybe another New Years Eve or Christmas episode and Amy can break out the mistletoe or Sheldon can kiss her at midnight during Stuart's costume party contest :icon_cheesygrin:

Maybe another New Years Eve or Christmas episode and Amy can break out the mistletoe or Sheldon can kiss her at midnight during Stuart's costume party contest :icon_cheesygrin:

Good idea. :)

Good idea. :)

Please it's not Christmas; it's Saturnalia!

(& I almost threw a Saturnalia party, so i get extra nerd points:icon_cool:)

I agree with everyone, Sheldon iniatiating a kiss would be awesome.:icon_cheesygrin:

I also would mind maybe seeing a little bit more jealousy to give Sheldon the kick up the butt he needs when it comes his input in the relationship. Like, when Amy went on a date with Stuart and how adorable it was that Sheldon chased after her and asked her to be his girlfriend.:icon_lol:

Another Valentines episode would be nice - maybe Sheldon planning something special for Amy or them spending a night away together, something along those lines.:icon_wink::icon_lol:

I'm actually so excited to see what happens with, "Shamy".:icon_mrgreen:

Eh. It'll only become Friends if they continue the will they/won't they with Leonard and Penny for four more seasons. THEN you'll get my "ugh."

Ugh. And yet there are those who still deny that TBBT is becomng "Friends". It would be, like, SOOOO COOOOOOL:icon_rolleyes:

Baby, not my intention to be rude, same goes for 4ofN and Baylee, but last time I checked, this thread was called: "Sheldon and Amy's relationship in Season 6"

If you don't want to read about relationships, then don't enter a thread that specifically says is going to be about one!

I know you all like to roll your eyes at "unworthy" people like, a lot! and yes, I also know you feel as your mission in this world the need to warn everyone that TBBT is about to change its name to "Nerd Friends". But you can't claim you were cheated to be lured to this place, there's a giant warning neon signal at the entrance.

Romance and relationships are so beneath you? perfect! don't waste your time here, let us, the fools who like this stuff, have our silly fun. Pretty please. Okay? :icon_wink:

"Stay on topic. Stay on topic!" Sound of Death Star turbolaser.

Maybe there should be a code or a secret handshake that only lets "special" members into the thread.

Two words on topic: END IT!

Maybe there should be a code or a secret handshake that only lets "special" members into the thread.

It wouldn't work. "Haters" of this stuff would do anything they could to get entrance and keep on "suffering" with the nosense.

Wow. Guess I kicked someone's favorite stuffed animal. I didn't realize that those who disagree with your opinion of the relationship weren't allowed to comment. The title doesn't specify that you have to LOVE the relationship that is changing the show into "Friends". Okay?:icon_wink:

Well, now you know it. :icon_razz:

Geez people! why can't you people take a piece of humble advice kindly? Nobody here can tell us what to think, what to say, what to talk about, as long as we comply with the forum rules, it's not about "censor" you or anybody. It was merely a question and a little advice.

I see relationships-stuff apparently turns you off greatly. I was wondering why do you even bother to enter over and over again to a thread that explicitly warns will revolve around a relationship, just to "mock" those who actually want to talk about it? (I'm sorry, but I don't think we need to read "It smells like Friends! oh, the horror!" a thousand times to get the idea, we already got it pal! you think that and you hate it, noted).

But's it's okay, my bad. If you keep coming back, I guess it doesn't disgust you as much as it seems (or maybe you are a bit of a masochist after all!)

I'm also wondering why any of you had opened a thread called "All the cool non-Friends-like stuff that really matters", so the relationship-nuts can go all over it to complain because you are "living in the past" and there's not enough kissing and 'who's-dating-who' talk there.

@sarah7. Your argument is invalid.

There have been threads like "I seriously hate Amy Farrah Fowler" where people posted positive things.

Or in the thread "Season premier. Awful, obnoxious, stupid, uncomfortable." some people actually posted that they disagreed (oh the horror).

The fact is that in a discussion you are going to have both pro and con positions. You are free to argue the positions, but not to insist that people keep quiet.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Ugh. And yet there are those who still deny that TBBT is becomng "Friends". It would be, like, SOOOO COOOOOOL:icon_rolleyes:

Baby, not my intention to be rude, same goes for 4ofN and Baylee, but last time I checked, this thread was called: "Sheldon and Amy's relationship in Season 6"

If you don't want to read about relationships, then don't enter a thread that specifically says is going to be about one!

I know you all like to roll your eyes at "unworthy" people like, a lot! and yes, I also know you feel as your mission in this world the need to warn everyone that TBBT is about to change its name to "Nerd Friends". But you can't claim you were cheated to be lured to this place, there's a giant warning neon signal at the entrance.

Romance and relationships are so beneath you? perfect! don't waste your time here, let us, the fools who like this stuff, have our silly fun. Pretty please. Okay? :icon_wink:

Wow. Guess I kicked someone's favorite stuffed animal. I didn't realize that those who disagree with your opinion of the relationship weren't allowed to comment. The title doesn't specify that you have to LOVE the relationship that is changing the show into "Friends". Okay?:icon_wink:

I disagree completely, specially whe you say that "the relationship that is changing the show into "Friends" regarding Sheldon & Amy's relationship.

If there is one thing that can be said about this relationship in particular is that is completely different from any other relationship on TV, at least during the last 20 years. You could say that about Leonard/Penny and I would concede (even though that one was on since the Pilot, on which case, the show would have been "turning into Friends" since the very first episode, but I disgress), but not for Sheldon & Amy.

The writers are breaking all the cliches with the Shamy, and that is a big part of why a lot of us enjoy it.

Relationships on TV usually go as follow (including Friends, which, let me also tell you, I always freaking loathed that series):

physical attraction > making out > sex > dating > breakup > moping around > make up sex > back together > marriage > talk about kids > intellectual connection > deep understanding

with Sheldon & Amy it was more or less like this:

intellectual connection > genuine enjoyment of each other's company > breakup > make up through negotiation > intellectual connection > kiss (just one) > relationship restore > deep understanding of each other > friendship > jealousy > emotional support > jealousy > dating > fight > make up tiara > attempt to advance in the relationship through a neuroscience approach with a verbal approvement from the other end > hand holding.

and say what you say, and I'm sure you may not agree with a lot of what I said, there is still no way you can say that they are the "typical relationship" on TV, at least not without falling into a self-concious falacy. You maybe hate it, but it is completely wrong to say this one is the relationship that is "turning the show into Friends".

In my case, I don't think this show is turning into that, and no matter how many times you say that mantra, I'm not going to. I hated Friends with all my soul, and yet, I love TBBT a great deal. But whateaver floats your boat, if it makes you feel better to think it's turning into Friends, whateaver, is your choice. Choose your own poison... to me, it kinda reads as the same argument over and over again, you know, rocking back and forth on a corner repeating "the show is turning into Friends" "the show is turning into Friends" "the show is turning into Friends" "the show is turning into Friends" "the show is turning into Friends" ad eternum

• Like 1

It isn't that the Shamy relationship (or the other relationships on TBBT) is like the relationships on Friends. It is that the Shamy relationship exists at all that is part of turning TBBT into Friends. That is where the Friends comparisons are coming from.

The equivalence is that Friends was about relationships and now TBBT is also mostly about relationships. That is the point of contention (for some of us). The time spent on relationships generally is crowding out the other aspects of the show that some of us were attracted to in the first place.

I so agree with you Sursonica; and why can't people see that most of Sheldon and Amy's time is spent discussing, science, making up nerdy games like 'Contrafactuals', being socially awkward geeks but not living in a boring 'Friends' like zone at all? If two intellectual people can't meet, develop a deep friendship & later relationship. Then; what this show will always be about 4 geeky guys, 3 of whom lust after a 'dumb blonde hottie' because for sure that was the major part of the 1st show.

I hated 'Friends' with a passion too; it was so tiresome.