The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
natelis24

whats up with sheldon's dancing story arc

season1:"assuming we could dance, which we cant..."" [wont continue the sentance]

season3:"while i subscribe to the many worlds theory, in no of them am i dancing"

season4"for the record :icon_arrow:i am a exellent DANCER"

made my point

Yeah he's an 'excellent' dancer because he was forced to learn as a child but he doesn't enjoy it or want to do it. I have to say his dancing was not excellent, he looked like a spider on a hot plate, just like Bernie said he would. :icon_lol:

funny I was thinking the same thing last night when I watched that episode from season 1. Writers probably forgot haha

now this would be a good question for comic con

In addition to Moonbase's comment, maybe Sheldon is referring to 'dancing' in two completely different contexts. Yes, he can waltz, but he'd be next to worthless in a club, or otherwise free-styling.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

he also danced on season 1 when he went to that salsa lesson with the guys

Was that an early episode? because wiki says this...

The first four episodes of The Big Bang Theory portray Sheldon inconsistently with his later characterization. According to Prady, the character "began to evolve after episode five or so and became his own thing"

That salsa lesson dance scene seems really odd when I watch it now. Not very sheldony, same with the sperm bank scene.

Sheldon and Amy dancing together is one of my all time favorite moments, it was just hilarious perfection.

But, I also really love in LOTR episode where all holding the ring and Raj says "Plie" and "Releve" all four guys did it like almost exactly like really ballet dancers I thought that was kind of funny/cute. Makes me wonder if they all would forced to take ballet too and then my mind goes straight to Sheldon and the guys in ballet class all wearingblack leotards, tights and ballet shoes with a mean dance mom type teacher holding a stick yelling " You want fame. Well, fame costs. And right here's where you start payin'!" LOL

• Like 1

This reminds me of a post I saw on Tumblr some time ago, titled:

"All it took was an Amy Farrah Fowler"

Amy, you vixen!

Hahahaa!! I love it! Get the nerds out of their shells and dance! Smile! Pull a groin muscle-..? ok, maybe not too much dancing... :icon_wink:

So this is what it's come to. Character consistency be damned! We're making fun of nerds here. Yee haw

Lol. Nerds. They be hilarious.

When they told penny they don't like to dance in the hall, they had just met penny and she was inviting them to a party. I'd say that is pretty consistent with shy people, and of course that could change later on when they are more comfortable or in a different situation. Also, when penny asked sheldon to dance with her in the kitchen in a later season, sheldon was responding to the kind of dancing she was doing, which was more freestyle and sexy.

I agree there are alot of inconsistencies, but this one doesn't bother me.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

To me it was obvious that although Sheldon may be proficient in ballroom type dancing, he does not enjoy it.

exactly. He tried to get out of dancing, but had to when Bernadette used the "social convention" card on him.

I noticed this aswell but I've learned when it comes to tbbt they do go back on some of the things they say. If the writers obsessed over the show as much as many of us do I don't think mistakes like this would happen LOL

he also danced on season 1 when he went to that salsa lesson with the guys

Which episode is this?!?!?! How come I don't remember the guys going for Salsa lessons?

That reminds me that I saw a clip of the guys all in a row doing some kind of little dance move--I think it's part of the introduction to the Behind-the-scenes thing on the S1 DVDs (the regular discs, where there's no gag reel.)

I'm pretty sure I've seen every S1 ep--especially since I just recently rewatched them--and I don't remember any Salsa lesson. Did I fall asleep or something?!?!?! Wha??

Which episode is this?!?!?! How come I don't remember the guys going for Salsa lessons?

That reminds me that I saw a clip of the guys all in a row doing some kind of little dance move--I think it's part of the introduction to the Behind-the-scenes thing on the S1 DVDs (the regular discs, where there's no gag reel.)

I'm pretty sure I've seen every S1 ep--especially since I just recently rewatched them--and I don't remember any Salsa lesson. Did I fall asleep or something?!?!?! Wha??

Yes you did :icon_cheesygrin:

It's 1.03… right at the end. Sheldon danced but it's been noted that they were still developing his character up until ep. 4. Still it's a pretty funny scene.

Yes you did :icon_cheesygrin:

It's 1.03… right at the end. Sheldon danced but it's been noted that they were still developing his character up until ep. 4. Still it's a pretty funny scene.

I swear I just watched that ep and I never saw that. Hmmm...I know that in my recent DVD re-watching that I'm finding all kinds of little moments that have obviously been trimmed from the TBS runs for commercials--like in Jiminy cricket episode, when Sheldon comes in from the bank with his comic book for Wolowitz and he tells Penny that he lost it in an ill-considered cricket wager, she says something like "They have wii Cricket now?"

I was so shocked I rewound it and played it over a couple of times to remind myself of where the cut happens in the rerun version.

So, now I guess I'll be forced to sit down and rewatch the Gothowitz ep so I can see this Salsa lesson!! :icon_eek: