Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brodie

Farscape

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone else a fan of Farscape? I loved that show, and was so mad when Sci-fi took it off due to it being too "expensive". Great characters, cool effects and great stories made for one of the coolest shows.

Posted

I wasn't a fan of SF till I saw Farscape. It's a fantastic show, so funny...:icon_mrgreen:

Posted Image

Posted

i used to love farscape, miss it a bit too...

Posted

Besides Babylon 5, I am also a huge Farscape fan. Ben Browder and Claudia Black were amazing, and so was the whole cast. That show really hung it over the edge. Very unique and special.

Posted

It was a good show.

Posted

Got the box set recently (I watched the show on tv when it aired as a teenager) and I am remembering how great this show was. Sure some of the effects look a bit dated now but the chemistry the ensemble had and the Henson alien puppetry/set design was just so good. I'm finding myself shipping John and Aeryn all over again lol.

wowbagger likes this

Posted

I'm thinking of binge watching this show during Easter. I really like Claudia Black and I've heard great things about this show.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Judith said:

I'm thinking of binge watching this show during Easter. I really like Claudia Black and I've heard great things about this show.

Claudia is extremely good in this, the chemistry she has with Ben is the stuff of legend. Whole cast is great, the show can be a bit quirky at times, some weird episodes lol but that was kind of the universe setting. Some of the Henson puppets look a little dated now as do some of the effects but it's the cast that really makes it stand out

If you are a fan of sci-fi or say Space Operas I would definitely recommend it though it's a show that people either end up absolutely adoring or can't seem to take to so there is no in-between lol. I loved it from the beginning but a lot of fans think the show really takes off and becomes great around season 2.

If you watch it I really hope you enjoy it. About halfway through season 1 at the moment and having a blast.

Edited by Jonny
Judith and wowbagger like this

Posted

19 hours ago, Jonny said:

Claudia is extremely good in this, the chemistry she has with Ben is the stuff of legend. Whole cast is great, the show can be a bit quirky at times, some weird episodes lol but that was kind of the universe setting. Some of the Henson puppets look a little dated now as do some of the effects but it's the cast that really makes it stand out

If you are a fan of sci-fi or say Space Operas I would definitely recommend it though it's a show that people either end up absolutely adoring or can't seem to take to so there is no in-between lol. I loved it from the beginning but a lot of fans think the show really takes off and becomes great around season 2.

If you watch it I really hope you enjoy it. About halfway through season 1 at the moment and having a blast.

I've seen Claudia and Ben in Stargate SG-1 though they weren't a couple there. I loved that show, including all the weirdness and the bad effects etc so I'll probably love this too.

I read that Farscape ends on a cliffhanger because it got cancelled. Have you watched the miniseries after that?

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, Judith said:

I've seen Claudia and Ben in Stargate SG-1 though they weren't a couple there. I loved that show, including all the weirdness and the bad effects etc so I'll probably love this too.

I read that Farscape ends on a cliffhanger because it got cancelled. Have you watched the miniseries after that?

I've watched the occasional episode of Stargate SG-1 but never got around to watching all of them and especially when Claudia and Ben were on it. Definitely on my watch list at some point, I do know there was also some Farscape references in there (iirc wasn't there an episode where they dressed up as Farscape characters as a homage?).

lol when I actually watched the Season Four/Series Finale the first time many years ago I had to go out for a walk I was that upset/distraught about it, never done with that with a show before or since. Only watched the miniseries once before (will watch it again on my current re-view when I get to it, just starting season 2 now) but it does give a better closure/ending to the series. I would recommend watching that as well.

Still think it ended way too soon, should have gone on for several more seasons but that's the way it is sometimes with tv shows. Season 1 is kind of a building/setting the scene and creating the chemistry season, 2-4 absolutely amazing and the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries is also very good. But that's just my opinion lol.

Edited by Jonny
Judith likes this

Posted

I don't remember if they dressed up but there were definitely some Farscape references in one of the episodes (I think the 200th). You should watch Stargate, it's great entertainment and of course RDA is in it (up until s8). Though it's similar to Farscape in that the effects are outdated and also I should warn you about Michael Shanks' acting lol. Anyway, IMO it's still a great show to have fun watching.

Yeah I get the frustration, thankfully it hasn't happened to me with a tv show yet. If I can find the miniseries I'll definitely watch that too. Thank god they did this because otherwise I wouldn't have considered that show (no closure, you understand :D).

Posted (edited)

I know I mentioned the weirdness in some episodes and I may have to warn you there are some very weird ones lol. They weren't afraid at times to tackle some wacky issues or themes. It can be a bit wacky and a bit weird but it sure is an epic space opera romp with amazing characters and setting lol.

I really hope you like it, I just hope I haven't bigged it up too much lol.

Edited by Jonny
Judith likes this

Posted

Very curious, or perhaps I am just being a bit nosy lol. Did you end up watching it @Judith

Posted

On 28/5/2017 at 9:42 PM, Jonny said:

Very curious, or perhaps I am just being a bit nosy lol. Did you end up watching it @Judith

Lol no, you're not nosy at all! No I didn't watch it. I had to catch up with my studying and some other things to do so I've postponed it for this summer, after my exams are over. I always get so excited for Christmas/Easter...then reality dawns on me. Lol

Jonny likes this