Emmy Nominations 2012

I believe the Emmy Nominations will be announced in the next hour or so. Who do you expect to get a nomination? My thoughts are that Jim should be there. Maybe Johnny might get another chance, but I don't think he really had a strong episode this year sadly. I would love to hear Simon's name called out, and think Mayim may be in with a chance as well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.emmys.com/2012-primetime-emmys-nomination-announcement

It's starting right now.

Jimmy Kimmel turned up in his pyjamas - lol

Big Bang Nominees are

Jim Parsons - Lead Actor in Comedy

Big Bang - Comedy Series

Mayim Bialik - Support Actress in a Comedy Series

And Christine Baranski got a nomination for The Good Wife.

And on a different note

Benedict Cumberbatch lead actor in miniseries

Martin Freeman supporting actor in an miniseries

The Sherlock Fandom will be in meltdown

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

SO HAPPY for Jim & Mayim! specially Mayim though. I was sure Jim was going to get a nomination again, and the show too, but Mayim, even though there was a big buzz about her nomination was not a sure bet. BUT SHE GOT IT!!!

GO MAYIM!!!

I´m also very happy for Mayim! She deserves this nomination so much and I´m so proud of her! Its such a wonderful thing!

Can´t wait for September for the Emmys! I so wanna see her win that award!

And I`m also happy for Jim Parsons! He also deserves this nomination!

http://www.emmys.com/2012-primetime-emmys-nomination-announcement

It's starting right now.

Jimmy Kimmel turned up in his pyjamas - lol

Big Bang Nominees are

Jim Parsons - Lead Actor in Comedy

Big Bang - Comedy Series

Mayim Bialik - Support Actress in a Comedy Series

And Christine Baranski got a nomination for The Good Wife.

And on a different note

Benedict Cumberbatch lead actor in miniseries

Martin Freeman supporting actor in an miniseries

The Sherlock Fandom will be in meltdown

Just seen your addition of Sherlock, yup meltdown. :icon_cheesygrin:

This is wonderful news for our show. I'm so bucked, especially for Mayim - we all knew Jim was a given for a nomination, but the supporting actress category is a tough one and she got chosen over many well-established names. A true nod to her performance in this season as well as the good writing for Amy's character.

As a tribute to Jim and Mayim.. vegan treats and non-alcoholic drinks are definitely in order today. :)

So, Big Bang has not won an emmy yet for best comedy? How many times has it been nominated? I know they got a Golden Globe, once correct?

The show itself hasn't won an Emmy or a Globe yet. It got nominated for an Emmy for the first time last year (and second time this year), and got a Globes nomination last year. Jim, of course, has won two Emmys and a Globe.

I am so happy for Jim, Mayim, and the best comedy nomination. But, I seriously thought Simon would get a nomination. I am really surprised.

I have to 100% agree with you, I really thought he would too, what does a guy have to do?

Jim and Mayim have quite a nice friendship going, and I too cannot believe that he doesn't have her phone number!

I never believe these guys when they say "oh I was asleep" you know if there was a chance that I would get nominated I just wouldn't be able to sleep,(unless you really are a complete unexpected).

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I am so happy for Jim, Mayim, and the best comedy nomination. But, I seriously thought Simon would get a nomination. I am really surprised.

I have to 100% agree with you, I really thought he would too, what does a guy have to do?

Jim and Mayim have quite a nice friendship going, and I too cannot believe that he doesn't have her phone number!

I never believe these guys when they say "oh I was asleep" you know if there was a chance that I would get nominated I just wouldn't be able to sleep,(unless you really are a complete unexpected).

Sadly, Simon had the hardest category :(. with the whole Modern Family cast being nominated (I have never seen that show, so it would be unfair for me to judge, but I just think it's excessive to nominate the whole cast) that only left 2 spots available. I am sure if the whole MF quartet wasn't nominated, Simon would have been there

And agree about Jim & Mayim, they seem to get along so well! LOL, Mayim mentioned in another interview I read somewhere (I read so many I don't remember which one) that she recived a SET of emails from Jim (spamming Mayim much, Jim? LOL) I am sure he must have her number now haha.