world of warcraft

No moon, you're not.

It doesn't matter at all. Just game fans get butthurt about stuff like this sometimes.

Would be the same with some Halo players if the gang was playing it and didn't give it name cred.

Howard also introduces Penny to his toon and "Buttons" in the pilot episode.

I'm going with the writers assuming the general viewing audience of the show would recognise WoW without the name having to be mentioned, as was the case in those two season one eps.

An episode based around the game is going to state the name, since its a focal point for the episode, where as the other references in various episodes are pretty brief and as a previous poster has said, most people can recognise World of Warcraft when they see it.

It could simply be a Legal Issue, perhaps they could show the image but not say the name in Season 1 and now can. WOW would probably be more than happy to get a sales pitch out there on the highest rated comedy series whose target audience is exactly Blizzards too. My concerns are that their version of WOW is nothing like mine, and you would think if you were going to base a storyline on the fact that the characters can have sex in WOW you would make sure they really can.