Calling each other by their surnames

rachelshamyfan

Its strange how Raj and Howard never refer to Leonard and Sheldon by their surnames but L&S do for R&H yet both Raj and Howard out of earshot of each other do the same about each other

Is this normal for a group of men to refer to each other this way? I know plenty of groups of men who refer to each other by their 1st names and never by the surnames

just curious!

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

It happens sometimes. I have one of my friends who we always call by his last name, even if he has asked us to call him by his first name for ages, but for some reason, it just doesn't catch on. We've been doing that since we were kids, and if you ask me, I couldn't tell you a reason, we just do.

But yes, it happens.

In Australia we have a habit of calling each other by a shortened version of our surnames.

eg: my surname is Davey, so I used to get called Davo in high school. Johnston=Jonno, Smith= Smithy for example.

As to the question about Raj and Howard, yeah like Sursonica said, just one of those things.

I only have one friend where calling him by his last name just sort of caught on, and he didn't ask us to do it, but his last name is awesome and kind of the same nature as the names on the show. Lots of different sounds, cool letters, lots of syllables. It's neat, really.

So sometimes it does happen.

@rachygd: actually that's a good observation. I'm thinking the boys never actually call each other by their surnames when they are in the same room with said person.

Am I right?? Quick everyone.... TO THE RE-RUNS !!!!

@rachygd: actually that's a good observation. I'm thinking the boys never actually call each other by their surnames when they are in the same room with said person.

_____________________________________________-

I think the only time off the top of my head is at the beginning of the lord of the rings ring episode where they are walking up the stairs and Leonard wants to know why he has to carry the heavy box and Sheldon goes into his speech and says that Wolowitz is the funny one and Koothrapali is the loveable foreigner

_____________________________________________-

I think the only time off the top of my head is at the beginning of the lord of the rings ring episode where they are walking up the stairs and Leonard wants to know why he has to carry the heavy box and Sheldon goes into his speech and says that Wolowitz is the funny one and Koothrapali is the loveable foreigner

Have just found 1 example of Raj calling howard by his surname in front of him and thats in the White asparagus episode season 2