The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 2.07

Sheldon was right!! This is his house and Penny use their wifi and eat their food for free all time. She take advantage of them. And then she wants to seat in Sheldon´s spot too?? That is unacceptable :)

Penny won but only because she cheated him with the help of Leonard. Bad, bad, bad.

Edited by Lissie

The epsiode was really funny! I loved the fight between Penny & Sheldon. And now we know Sheldons kryptonite : his mother! But I thought it was very sweet of Leonard to help Penny ( I mean he did it because she means a lot to him)

When Penny is told that now she is "one of us" she has to follow the same rules as the rest, Howard chants "One of us! One of us!" This is a reference to the scene in Freaks (1932) where at the wedding reception the freaks chant to welcome the non-freak woman who has married one of them. This is a rare non-nerd cultural reference, of a kind that IRL would probably more common with these types. I think it could have got more mileage if in subsequent eps whenever Penny inadvartently referred to Star Wars/Trek or other nerd interests Howard had repeated his chant.