Looks like filming has started for new season

rachelshamyfan

How often do they film bbt when in season anyway? Is it every day or once a week?

They have a 5 day work schedule per week. There work week starts on Wednesday, then they work Thursday, Friday, take Saturday and Sunday off, come back Monday and then film the episode Tuesday evening.

The reason their work week starts on a Wednesday is because Chuck Lorre also produces Two and A Half Men tv show and there work week goes from Monday to Friday where they tape there episode Friday evening.

TBBT will tape 24 episodes this season from August till April.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Bill tweeted the script as he always does :)

it's ON guys!

tumblr_m8i3ghN9eM1qcqxh7o1_500.jpg

Sigh, just another season or nearly 2 while we wait for penny to "mature" as Prady put it which surely means break ups, maybe some doofus guy she meets 'on set' (if they ever give her an acting job), stupid niggling fights etc. Johnny/Kaley have gone from "love of each others lives" to Kaley's "hope" they get together "near the end. " Despite all this "canon" talk, I'm starting to wonder how they can string L/P together for that long. Could it be, horrors, the ultimate surprise ending of L/S? I'm a confirmed cheater, read all the taping reports. Excitement AND fear on these first few!

Never posted before. Hope this is ok

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Aaaaagghh!

How come they are filming next week but it's not airing until 27th Sept?

they are going to tape 9 shows

before sept. 27.

9 shows! maybe we will get 2 aired together, like last year! :icon_cool:

Sigh, just another season or nearly 2 while we wait for penny to "mature" as Prady put it which surely means break ups, maybe some doofus guy she meets 'on set' (if they ever give her an acting job), stupid niggling fights etc. Johnny/Kaley have gone from "love of each others lives" to Kaley's "hope" they get together "near the end. " Despite all this "canon" talk, I'm starting to wonder how they can string L/P together for that long. Could it be, horrors, the ultimate surprise ending of L/S? I'm a confirmed cheater, read all the taping reports. Excitement AND fear on these first few!

Never posted before. Hope this is ok

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

You are not alone, there are a few of us who have trepidation over the new season. Don't get me wrong, I love the show but I'm not swinging from the rafters over this fractured relationship news!

But as an eternal optimist I've got everything crossed that they keep the nerd aspect strong. It doesn't matter how many times I read other fans views that the nerdy side is just an added flavour, it's not for me. I love that s**t! The extreme passion those boys have for their alternative tastes is so hilarious and relatable for me and Sheldon's little monologue speeches are delivered so well they are pure poetry. Love it!

But as an eternal optimist I've got everything crossed that they keep the nerd aspect strong. It doesn't matter how many times I read other fans views that the nerdy side is just an added flavour, it's not for me. I love that s**t! The extreme passion those boys have for their alternative tastes is so hilarious and relatable for me and Sheldon's little monologue speeches are delivered so well they are pure poetry. Love it!

Just to clarify, I think the science/geek culture references are just an added flavour. Not the geekiness/nerdiness inherent in their personalities, which is in fact the very basis of the show - especially Sheldon's - and which drives all the shenanigans each of them are going through in their lives and relationships. To me, this is a story of how their geeky quirks affect their lives outside of the confines of their laboratory and comic book store.

Maybe the geek/nerd side are just references to you but to some of us they are a really important part of the show. I'm tired of people saying they are 'just a favour', as if this is a fact! None of this is fact its all just opinion. We will never agree on this because we are all different and have different lifestyles and priorities.

The references as you call them, are part of the characterisation. You can't separate them, it's part of who these guys are. A fan doesn't have to be a nerd to see that Chuck and Bill are writing from their own personal experience of nerd culture. There are far too many scenes where the guys are indulging their extreme interests without any mention of women, for your statement to be true. The nerd side is just as important. I have always stood up for the relationship side of the show believing it adds a new level but I can't agree that the nerd side is not as important.

Maybe the geek/nerd side are just references to you but to some of us they are a really important part of the show. I'm tired of people saying they are 'just a favour', as if this is a fact! None of this is fact its all just opinion. We will never agree on this because we are all different and have different lifestyles and priorities.

The references as you call them, are part of the characterisation. You can't separate them, it's part of who these guys are. A fan doesn't have to be a nerd to see that Chuck and Bill are writing from their own personal experience of nerd culture. There are far too many scenes where the guys are indulging their extreme interests without any mention of women, for your statement to be true. The nerd side is just as important. I have always stood up for the relationship side of the show believing it adds a new level but I can't agree that the nerd side is not as important.

I think you partly misunderstood what I said. I did say that their geekiness/nerdiness is the very basis of the show, which doesn't imply that I think it's less important.

What I meant by 'references' was, for example, the time they are shown to be spending in the comic book store, or playing video games, or in their workplace doing science. Now, it is indicated that they still do these things, and with interest. But the time dedicated to these pursuits is less than before.

If we're talking of a realistic depiction of nerds, this is, I believe, a logical progression. For most nerds (except for the extreme few who spend all their lives in their mother's basement), there comes a particular phase in life when they are just venturing into romance and steady relationships, are completely new to the game, and hence learning the ropes in that particular field takes precedence for a while. This is made harder for them by virtue of their very geekiness, and the fact that this happens to them in their late twenties or thirties, while for most 'normal' people this phase occurs during their teens. Whether it is Howard's fledgling attempts to move away from his mom-fixation at thirty, or Amy's sudden discovery of the joys of a social life at the same age, this strikes me as quite an accurate representation of this delayed-adolescence stage.

I see my own life some 5 years back, in what these guys are going through. And so I think it's almost certain that even if they seem to have 'different priorities' at this time, it doesn't mean a definitive moving away from their geeky interests. Again, a permanent conversion to Muggledom only happens to an extreme few, and our weird TBBT folks are far from belonging to that category. More often, what happens is that the partners get integrated into the nerdy lifestyle - with a bit of compromise on both sides.

I know I'm talking as if these are real people, and not just characters who are slaves to the writers' whims. But that is just the feeling I get - I can identify with them completely, in the vignettes of both their nerdiness and their relationships - so for me, they're doing something right. And this is why I don't feel like they're 'selling out' or anything.

I think you partly misunderstood what I said. I did say that their geekiness/nerdiness is the very basis of the show, which doesn't imply that I think it's less important.

What I meant by 'references' was, for example, the time they are shown to be spending in the comic book store, or playing video games, or in their workplace doing science. Now, it is indicated that they still do these things, and with interest. But the time dedicated to these pursuits is less than before.

If we're talking of a realistic depiction of nerds, this is, I believe, a logical progression. For most nerds (except for the extreme few who spend all their lives in their mother's basement), there comes a particular phase in life when they are just venturing into romance and steady relationships, are completely new to the game, and hence learning the ropes in that particular field takes precedence for a while. This is made harder for them by virtue of their very geekiness, and the fact that this happens to them in their late twenties or thirties, while for most 'normal' people this phase occurs during their teens. Whether it is Howard's fledgling attempts to move away from his mom-fixation at thirty, or Amy's sudden discovery of the joys of a social life at the same age, this strikes me as quite an accurate representation of this delayed-adolescence stage.

I see my own life some 5 years back, in what these guys are going through. And so I think it's almost certain that even if they seem to have 'different priorities' at this time, it doesn't mean a definitive moving away from their geeky interests. Again, a permanent conversion to Muggledom only happens to an extreme few, and our weird TBBT folks are far from belonging to that category. More often, what happens is that the partners get integrated into the nerdy lifestyle - with a bit of compromise on both sides.

I know I'm talking as if these are real people, and not just characters who are slaves to the writers' whims. But that is just the feeling I get - I can identify with them completely, in the vignettes of both their nerdiness and their relationships - so for me, they're doing something right. And this is why I don't feel like they're 'selling out' or anything.

Oh I did misunderstand you, sorry about that.

In the real world there are nerd girls, so the show exaggerates this a little. Deep down nerds never really change, or at least they change less than most people. So if they stick to that, there will be plenty of laughs.

@ mjc45

Its all go tomorrow :icon_eek:

Oh I did misunderstand you, sorry about that.

In the real world there are nerd girls, so the show exaggerates this a little. Deep down nerds never really change, or at least they change less than most people. So if they stick to that, there will be plenty of laughs.

True.

The show is quite good about depicting a cross-section of science-nerd girls now, but it's been weak in the depiction of sci-fi/comic-book-nerd girls. The only example was Alice. There are so many girls right there at Comic Con, for example, and TBBT doesn't seem to explore that aspect.

I think this is why some people have been discussing a desire of seeing Raj with a geeky girl of that kind, if and when he gets paired up.

hi--everyone in burbank for

the show.

it is hot here, it is high 90's

new york 75 w/rain:icon_wink:

I pretty much melted waiting outside. It was bad, good thing there was shade, though.

hi--everyone in burbank for

the show.

it is hot here, it is high 90's

new york 75 w/rain:icon_wink:

I pretty much melted waiting outside. It was bad, good thing there was shade, though.

i found a big tree to stay cool.