The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pomita

Season 6 spoilers

Yeah, the proposal wasn't planned at all, he just wanted her to feel better about her ex. He most definitely did not think it through.

Hmm, I didn't think about it being a spontaneous thing i guess.  It seemed like he had the idea somewhat in his head but your right spook, he could have simply been reacting to the other couples engagement a few tables down. 

Leonard really needs a lesson in timing :p

He does have the worst timing ever :p

I just love the "Get up!"  "Ok." Part. haha. I can already picture that in my mind.

They keep Leonard sort of stupid when he deals with Penny concerning their relationship, in reality he would have a better idea how to handle their relationship now. And like was said, the writers throw continuity out the window whenever it suits their purpose.

Yea I mean it made sense for a little while that he didn't really know what to do because he hadnt had much experience but now after so long u think he would have picked up a few tricks or hints here and there

Like spook wrote, it appears that he just reacted to the other couple's proposal and Penny's resulting dismay. It is something he does a lot : whenever Penny's upset, he'll just do or say anything to make it stop.

A bit like when he tried to yell at her for dating David even though he (David) was much smarter than him (Leonard) and Penny had said she couldn't date him (Leonard) because he was too smart. He had every right to be upset and frustrated but the moment Penny started crying, he just backed down, apologised and tried to make her feel better. 

He has a tendency not to think these things through because, well, if Penny starts crying, Leonard starts crying and who wants that ? 

Furthermore, the guy really wants to marry her so, I guess, any occasion is good enough :)

On another note, now that we know penny will be the one to propose I'm crossing my fingers that she uses a green lantern ring for the proposal :p

• Like 4

On another note, now that we know penny will be the one to propose I'm crossing my fingers that she uses a green lantern ring for the proposal :p

Do we know what happened to the "one" ring Sheldon and Leonard fought over ?...

No we don't. That would be funny if one day he noticed it on her ring finger and asks why, so she tells him, didn't you know, we're engaged!

No, but knowing Sheldon, Leonard either sent it to Peter Jackson or Sheldon has it. Otherwise we'd still be hearing about it.

I'm not reading these spoilers just repeating a spoiler I saw on the main site, on the comment thread.

Kaley's sister is guest starring?

I'm not reading these spoilers just repeating a spoiler I saw on the main site, on the comment thread.

Kaley's sister is guest starring?

Yep. She's playing the character of Gretchen. Gotta love nepotism.

Yep. She's playing the character of Gretchen. Gotta love nepotism.

Briana Cuoco has had parts on the shows "The News Room"; "The 112th Congress" and "The Nightmare Room". Not to mention she did the choreography for the flash mob dance that provided over 20 million hits on YouTube.  I don't know, but to me, that makes her worthy of a cameo appearance, sister or not.

Briana Cuoco has had parts on the shows "The News Room"; "The 112th Congress" and "The Nightmare Room". Not to mention she did the choreography for the flash mob dance that provided over 20 million hits on YouTube.  I don't know, but to me, that makes her worthy of a cameo appearance, sister or not.

She also has a recurring part in The Lydia Bennet and did the choreography for the musical number in Two and Half Men ,a few weeks ago. So, she has a work history with Chuck Lorre Productions.

Yeah and that part could have gone to a struggling unknown actress who needed both the money and the credit a lot more than she probably does and isn't as fortunate to have the personal connections to the production company.

Yeah and that part could have gone to a struggling unknown actress who needed both the money and the credit a lot more than she probably does and isn't as fortunate to have the personal connections to the production company.

Every job in the whole world could go to someone less fortunate.  There's no reason to begrudge Ms. Cuoco her opportunity.

Chuck Lorre has a history of hiring people he has worked with well, and have done good work for him before. Johnny Galeki, Christine Barinski(Leonard's mom), Laurie Metcalf(Sheldon's mom), Sara Gilbert(Leslie Winkle), Judy Greer(Dr. Plimpton) are a few, just from TBBT. But, after all, he did give major roles to relative unknowns Melissa and Aarti Mann. If Briana did a good job( and Jon Cryer said it went well, despite his not being comfortable dancing) and got along well with the production company, she's made a good impression which usually leads to more work.

Chuck Lorre has a history of hiring people he has worked with well, and have done good work for him before. Johnny Galeki, Christine Barinski(Leonard's mom), Laurie Metcalf(Sheldon's mom), Sara Gilbert(Leslie Winkle), Judy Greer(Dr. Plimpton) are a few, just from TBBT. But, after all, he did give major roles to relative unknowns Melissa and Aarti Mann. If Briana did a good job( and Jon Cryer said it went well, despite his not being comfortable dancing) and got along well with the production company, she's made a good impression which usually leads to more work.

And Woody Allen, Clint Eastwood or (when he was alive) Orson Wells - the Mercury players? Its not uncommon. Joss Whedon (all hail)  did it too. He would get actors across each show - there is a table of these trifectas out there. Someone could probably build a similar table for Mr Lorre if they have time.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Every job in the whole world could go to someone less fortunate.  There's no reason to begrudge Ms. Cuoco her opportunity.

I don't begrudge Briana her "opportunity" here because it's really not an opportunity, at least not in any significant way for her. Her sister is one of the MAIN stars in the number one comedy on television. Because of that she has access to people and "opportunities" on a regular basis that the majority of struggling actresses don't. For such a small role it won't effect her in any significant way precisely because she's Kaley's sister and has direct access to Chuck Lorre productions pretty much whenever she wants. The same cannot be said for an as yet unknown struggling actress. This isn't some new phenomena though, it's very common in the industry. But it is what it is.

Also, did you guys see Kaley's ad?  (For Toyota, I think, but don't quote me on it.)  She looked really pretty in it.