Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

I swear, I'm going to nuke the server room at tvtickets. They KNOW it's terrible yet but they'll never fix it. Not that most people do this every week, but seriously, no one has the time to sit down for an hour in the morning hitting "refresh" because it can't handle the load, which really isn't a lot. It's no YouTube or Facebook, it's potentially a couple thousand people trying to load a simple webpage at once. Oh my god.

Okay, I'm done ranting about this.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear, I'm going to nuke the server room at tvtickets. They KNOW it's terrible yet but they'll never fix it. Not that most people do this every week, but seriously, no one has the time to sit down for an hour in the morning hitting "refresh" because it can't handle the load, which really isn't a lot. It's no YouTube or Facebook, it's potentially a couple thousand people trying to load a simple webpage at once. Oh my god.

Okay, I'm done ranting about this.

I hate that site!  Always goes to that damn cloud site! Arrgh!

@ DPK: I think Chuck Lorre can pretty much hire whomever he wants to, and what really matters is not if the part was given to Kaley's sister or not, but if she was good in it. If she was there even isn't anything that needs to be discussed. Besides, I'm sure the fact that she was worked with Mr Lorre before weighted on the decission. 

Article from TV Guide about the Valentine's Day episode:

Even a show about socially inept supernerds has to celebrate Valentine's Day! Tonight, The Big Bang Theory takes a cue from rom-coms like Love Actually and presents four stories about the pleasures and perils of romance. Mostly the perils.

"Leonard is trying to give his girlfriend, Penny, a lovely evening," says executive producer Steve Molaro. "But she's dead set against it, due to too many bad Valentine's memories." Wolowitz sees the holiday as the perfect way to smooth over his rocky relationship with his wife Bernadette. Amy, who's never had a Valentine's date, demands that her boyfriend-by-contract, Sheldon, give her a spectacular one. He can't handle the pressure, so he outsources the gift-giving to his assistant. And the hopelessly solo Raj and Stuart throw a party at Stuart's comic-book store for their fellow losers in love--in other words, practically the store's entire clientele.

"We've never attempted four concurrent stories, so this was a very cool challenge for us," Molaro says. "It turned out really sweet and satisfying and--dare I say it?--sentimental." It might even be memorable. Word is, the Leonard-Penny subplot will result in a proposal. Molaro will only hint that there "might" be one. "There's a lot of talk about proposals and possible marriages in this episode," he notes. "But I don't think Sheldon needs to start looking for a new roommate just yet."--Michael Logan

With the article is the pic of Penny and Leonard sitting on her couch with the following caption:

"We've always had fun when Leonard is the more feminine half of the relationship and Penny is the more masculine," Molaro says. "It's definitely evident on Valentine's Day."

I was actually just thinking about Amy and Sheldon and V-day. Wouldn't they have had one last year? Assuming the show roughly follows the timeline as the year, they became official at the end of 2011, right? Oh well, I guess it's just one of those points TBTP ignore for the sake of the episode.

I was actually just thinking about Amy and Sheldon and V-day. Wouldn't they have had one last year? Assuming the show roughly follows the timeline as the year, they became official at the end of 2011, right? Oh well, I guess it's just one of those points TBTP ignore for the sake of the episode.

There probably wasn't a mention of V-day in the RA, so Sheldon dodged it.

'Amy, who's never had a Valentine's date, demands that her boyfriend-by-contract, Sheldon, give her a spectacular one.'

So from the article Amy probably demanded a change this year, I'd guess that since the RA doesn't forbid it (the same way it didn't forbid Sheldon outsourcing conversation to Raj) she was able to force him to comply. ie. It's not covered in the RA, so it's open to negotiation.

Edited by eirwinrommel

I don't know that she literally "demands" a date though, I think that might be misinterpretation of the article. From the taping report it sounds like she was the one planning the date and she only mentions to him "What are we doing on V-day". Also, V-day is on their date night this year (2nd Thursday), so they'd have a date anyway.

"We've never attempted four concurrent stories, so this was a very cool challenge for us," Molaro says. 

I think they already did the four concurrent stories thing in Holographic Excitation  :huh:

Edited by vasu

I don't know that she literally "demands" a date though, I think that might be misinterpretation of the article. From the taping report it sounds like she was the one planning the date and she only mentions to him "What are we doing on V-day". Also, V-day is on their date night this year (2nd Thursday), so they'd have a date anyway.

Well, we'll see in 10 days. Maybe they'll explain, maybe not.

Yes, it's the mystery episode we know nothing about. lol. Not even a freaking cover sheet. It could be anything really, given that the previous ep was about every single character.

eta: I was thinking it might be useful to include in the opening message of this thread the dates for the tapings (and maybe the episode air dates?). So we can keep track of what's happening. 

Edited by spook

Yes, it's the mystery episode we know nothing about. lol. Not even a freaking cover sheet. It could be anything really, given that the previous ep was about every single character.

eta: I was thinking it might be useful to include in the opening message of this thread the dates for the tapings (and maybe the episode air dates?). So we can keep track of what's happening. 

What is going on in this episode that they are so tight lipped? No cover sheet, not even a tease? Or is this Prady's latest way to just mess with us fanatics?

What is going on in this episode that they are so tight lipped? No cover sheet, not even a tease? Or is this Prady's latest way to just mess with us fanatics?

I don't know whether they're hiding something, but I think it might just be coincidence that he didn't bother posting the cover page.