The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pomita

Season 6 spoilers

You guys rock! Thank you! :) and at 2am? Wow.

I'll be the one to note the battery powered hotdog. This was covered in the popular Ron Howard film, Parenthood (1989) where Steve Martin is looking for a flashlight in his sisters (Dianne Wiest) house. He did find something that used a battery.

Will this make it to syndication? IDK but it was on the big screen 24 years ago @ PG 13.

Edited by Llatasativargon
  • Like 1

This sounds like a really great episode. But more than anything I'm cracking up about the labels on everything including the label maker because I did it in my lab once. LOL! Oh, first year of grad school, reckless youth. 

eta: 

Raj says, "I agree. If you haven't been to a horrible party before."

Amy looks over at him, ever so matter-of-factly, and says, "If you let me pierce your brain with a hot needle in just the right place, you would be happy all the time."

Oh please let this be a hint that she's going to help him with his mutism thing!
Edited by koops
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for the report, Kyzzx! :) Good to know that your power came back in time.

This sounds like a remarkably well-written episode, especially the suspense with the contents of Howard's father's letter and how they worked their way round it. It's a great ensemble story, with some nice nostalgic throwbacks to Sheldon's obsessive organizing tendencies, his label making (loved the label-on-each-label thing) and conversations in the laundry room.

Amy  gushing over Sheldon's organizing was very satisfying. :)  And I laughed so hard at his using her as a body shield because Howard looked taller than usual. :icon_lol:

• Like 1

This sounds like a good one! I think Simon plays the line between funny and heartfelt really well so this storyline seems to be right in his wheelhouse.

I lol'd at Sheldon using Amy as a human shield and Amy's comment about a hot needle to Raj. Like spook, I hope this is a hint that she'll be helping with his selective mutism in future episodes! Thank you so much Kyxzz and Monique!

Thank you so much for the taping report! Can`t wait to see this episode. And Kaleys dress was hot aha aha  :icon_mrgreen:

The story sounds very funny :icon_lol: (exept for poor Howard)

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

Thanks for the report!

Howard's SL sounds interesting, but I really don't like when they infantilize Sheldon.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report Kyzzx..... I bet the difference between the actual script and your report will be just a few words here and there... ;)

Sounds like a good one....

Funny thing is an episode based on Sheldon's obsession over organizing things comes after an episode where we had seen Sheldon himself having crumpled money all over his pockets and drawers....

Thanks for the report Kyzzx..... I bet the difference between the actual script and your report will be just a few words here and there... ;)

Sounds like a good one....

Funny thing is an episode based on Sheldon's obsession over organizing things comes after an episode where we had seen Sheldon himself having crumpled money all over his pockets and drawers....

Not entirely after that episode, it's the third episode after what you're talking about. Depending on the general audience's attention span, they may or may not have noticed that. Though his idiosyncrasy of being too organised will come off as something normal, people won't really doubt that too much. 

Isn't there something about money that Sheldon seems not to care about though? Wasn't there stuff in earlier episodes where he had money and cheques all over the place?

Isn't there something about money that Sheldon seems not to care about though? Wasn't there stuff in earlier episodes where he had money and cheques all over the place?

Like randomly having money in the snake can, or lending Penny money? And saving all his checks for something that hasn't been invented yet?

I've always wondered how he can have so much money but still needed a roommate. I guess I'll imply my own headcanon that he sort of have monophobia so no matter what, he still needed to employ a roommate.

Edited by jeanalice

Thank you, Kellee, for the taping report.   Sounds like it is a good story to learn more about Howard.  I wonder if this means they plan to bring his father on the show later?  I don't think it will be necessarily a funny episode that much and didn't move anyone else's story that much, but I am glad Howard is getting a story again, especially because it sounds like we might get to know more about his father.

Really? It reads very funny to me. Much better than 6x17 or 6x16.

Sounds great, but I want to know which one was the actual letter!

Sounds like a great ensemble episode. I love that we finally get to see some more emotion from Howard about his absent father. I like the route they took to address it too, rather than an attempted reconciliation. Nothing about the relationship between Howard and his father was patched over; the pain still remains. I am looking forward to Simon's performance, maybe an Emmy nomination this year? Supporting actor is a tough category but he more than deserves it.

I also liked that the gang were having a go at 'grown up' style dinner parties. It's nice that they are on this slow journey to adulthood all together. I had a couple big laughs from the taping report, can't wait to see it played out. It has been a long time since all seven were in a scene together. There are probably more but the fashion parade in TSS is the only scene from this season with the full ensemble (+ Stuart) I can recall right now.

• Like 2

Sounds like a lot of fun--and some nice moments for Howard/Simon.

I love Amy's mention of Sheldon arranging the cheese at the grocery store.  Says so much...

And I love her suggestion about the needle in Raj's brain.

I think I need Sheldon to come and organize my entire apartment.  I even have a nice label-maker! :D

And I love the picture of him sitting in the floor of the closet begging for more time.  Old-school Sheldon!

And the battery-powered "hotdog"...at least it wasn't an electric toothbrush!!

• Like 2

Penny is holding Leonard's hand, "So, this turned out pretty well, huh?"

Raj says, "I agree. If you haven't been to a horrible party before."

Amy looks over at him, ever so matter-of-factly, and says, "If you let me pierce your brain with a hot needle in just the right place, you would be happy all the time."

What's funny about this exchange between Amy and Raj on the couch is they were both tipsy from the alcohol they were drinking so when she says that it almost has a flirtatious undertone to it. LOL. He looks at her back flirtatiously and smiles back. In the second take, he actually leans in close to her face a bit before backing away again! LOL.

• Like 2

I assume that Raj is alone again during this episode. To bad, it would have been a nice way to introduce Lucy to the group. Also her seeing Sheldon would probably make her feel better about herself because he is really socially inept.