Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

So Alex is back. Huh. I like the character. I really wish she were there for Raj but given what little we know about the episode, she's more likely there to serve a purpose in the L/P plot.

Unfortunately with the track record for these writers regarding L/P, I have a very uneasy feeling regarding this episode.

Unfortunately with the track record for these writers regarding L/P, I have a very uneasy feeling regarding this episode.

I also had a brief feeling of unease but I can't believe they would be dumb enough to blow up all the good work they have done on L/P so far this season.

• Like 1

I also had a brief feeling of unease but I can't believe they would be dumb enough to blow up all the good work they have done on L/P so far this season.

BangerMain I had the same feeling. However, I then considered if the rumors were true, and we probably will never know for sure, regarding L/P's breakup when things were great in season 3. That Prady and Molaro were in shock when Lorre came in and said break them up. If that was really true then if he did it once he can do it again...Unfortunately for L/P fans.

I don't think they are going to have a L/P break up, tehy promised we are going to see a Penn'ys growing up something we are watching..so maybe Margo's back is going to help to a Raj arch...I really hope so

I really hope so too. It will be great for Raj and Margo (Alex) was very cute and personable. It would be very interesting to watch the two interact. So if that is why she just so happens to be on the same episode when Cole shows up. Then how does Penny ultimately handle Leonard's confrontation with her project partner Cole? Is it all just a big coincidence that the writers contrived to make us watch?

I agree. They can't break them up.

They have done such great work with L/P that it would be suicide to split them. I said it at the end of season 5 and I will say it once more: if they break them up again, I might, MIGHT stop watching.

It would be the end for me. Either keep them together until the end, or break them up forever. The constant back and forth is absolute nonsense, and I'd hope they know that by now.

• Like 1

I agree. They can't break them up.

They have done such great work with L/P that it would be suicide to split them. I said it at the end of season 5 and I will say it once more: if they break them up again, I might, MIGHT stop watching.

It would be the end for me. Either keep them together until the end, or break them up forever. The constant back and forth is absolute nonsense, and I'd hope they know that by now.

My feelings exactly! Maybe that's why I'm so uneasy about this episode. I like this show so much I will really miss watching it if they do break them up!

Feels like she will be for Leonard, though she's not crazy, usually all the redheads on the show (except for Dr. Stephanie) are deliciously loony.,I'm wondering if L/P will be in stasis for the year & they can break up at the end...

Feels like she will be for Leonard, though she's not crazy, usually all the redheads on the show (except for Dr. Stephanie) are deliciously loony.,I'm wondering if L/P will be in stasis for the year & they can break up at the end...

What are you thinking? That they'll add her to the cast so that she can eventually become Leonard's love interest so that Penny will be free to hook up with Sheldon? Really?

I remember two years ago in january or febraury , when they asked about L/P she said that all looks as Leonard and Penny is goin to break, and a couple of weeks later they tape the weaton recurrence, with this background I think if they want to break up in the 8 episode Kaley already knew it and in her last interview she could say something about it...but she didn't so I would not worry.

What are you thinking? That they'll add her to the cast so that she can eventually become Leonard's love interest so that Penny will be free to hook up with Sheldon? Really?

I'll restate what I've said before: I don't watch the show for the S/P ship; I watch the show because I like it. I only discuss the ship in the L/P thread; my opinions are based on speculation & familiarity with plotting etc So my feeling that Alex is for Leonard is due to Chuck Lorre saying last spring that L/P met at the wrong time.

I'll restate what I've said before: I don't watch the show for the S/P ship; I watch the show because I like it. I only discuss the ship in the L/P thread; my opinions are based on speculation & familiarity with plotting etc So my feeling that Alex is for Leonard is due to Chuck Lorre saying last spring that L/P met at the wrong time.

Well, what I learned in my theater classes is that you don't put a pistol over the mantelpiece in the first act if you're not going to use it in the 3rd act and vice versa--if you need a pistol to be over the mantelpiece in the 3rd act, you'd better put it there in the 1st act.

IMO, there would be no need to mention that Alex's field of study is similar or within Raj's area of expertise if they weren't going to go that direction at least for a time. The very specific mention of her field in relation to Raj is the pistol over the mantel in the first act. Her friendly banter with Leonard is simply a way to lay that groundwork and to let the audience get to know her.

But Leonard has his own path to go down with Penny. Alex has already factored in briefly in giving Penny something to think about in terms of whether or not she really wants Leonard. If she didn't want to be with him, she wouldn't care if he were to strike up a relationship with Alex.

I believe Chuck Lorre's comments were about the ongoing L&P arc, not a statement that they were doomed to never get together. I don't think we'll see L&P getting married the way H&B did, until maybe the very end of the show. But I don't think that means that TPTB are going to waste more time breaking them up again.

I think that by having Sheldon go in and talk to Penny, and then have Amy point out what's going on in Penny's head/heart (or prefrontal cortex/limbic system), they're laying the groundwork for L&P to stabilize a little more. And I don't think they'd spend time doing all that just to break them up again.

And whether or not you watch for the Shenny ship, your comments do tend to circle back around to figuring out a way for S&P to somehow be together. And whether you say it in this thread or the other one, you're still assuming that everything that's happening in S6 is somehow going to lead to the writers hooking S&P up, even though it's been said again and again by TPTB that that is not going to happen.

I really want Alex for Leonard. Leonard deserves better than Penny. Penny can go back to Nebraska.

I don't believe it has to do with Penny at all. You could replace Penny with Alex and things won't change. The writers for whatever reason doesn't want to give Leonard the one thing he craves most. The woman he truly loves saying she loves him to. He desperately wants what his own cold, stoic mother couldn't while he was growing up. Hugging him and saying she loved him, giving him a sense of confidence and caring. I thought this season that was going to come from Penny. They certainly were pointing in that direction. However, even then they have been moving at a snails pace almost like they are kicking and screaming to that reluctant end they feel they will have to provide. But not until they have no other choice. Too bad, because both characters Leonard and Penny (along with their long suffering fans) deserve so much better.

Edited by SodidIwin?

I don't believe it has to do with Penny at all. You could replace Penny with Alex and things won't change. The writers for whatever reason doesn't want to give Leonard the one thing he craves most. The woman he truly loves saying she loves him to. He desperately wants what his own cold, stoic mother couldn't while he was growing up. Hugging him and saying she loved him, giving him a sense of confidence and caring. I thought this season that was going to come from Penny. They certainly were pointing in that direction. However, even then they have been moving at a snails pace almost like they are kicking and screaming to that reluctant end they feel they will have to provide. But not until they have no other choice. Too bad, because both characters Leonard and Penny (along with their long suffering fans) deserve so much better.

I just don't think this is really true.

Of course they don't want to hit the ultimate jackpot too soon, but I don't think it's about not wanting to give Leonard what he wants, and not about his mother. I think it's just about typical TV writing.

Leonard's been in this journey, but so has Penny and I think it's about her progress this season, about her coming to understand what it is about Leonard that she really wants or needs.

I dont think the writers are reluctant. I think they're just trying to work the story out at the right pace.

I just don't think this is really true.

Of course they don't want to hit the ultimate jackpot too soon, but I don't think it's about not wanting to give Leonard what he wants, and not about his mother. I think it's just about typical TV writing.

Leonard's been in this journey, but so has Penny and I think it's about her progress this season, about her coming to understand what it is about Leonard that she really wants or needs.

I dont think the writers are reluctant. I think they're just trying to work the story out at the right pace.

The right pace? It is six years now, how much slower can you get? Penny is 26 this year! They can't credibly say she is still young and trying to figure things out? At some point the story just no longer is believable.