Season 6 spoilers

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Monster Isolation   Raj is sitting in an empty coffee shop with potential love interest, Lucy. He is talking about himself and where he has studied and that he is an astrophysicist. He stops tal

does "being hot" then equal being "better" then? Sorry, but I HATE that argument, saying that Sheldon could "do better" only because Amy is not "hot enough?". Because that's what you're saying.   Is

I think that part of the problem with how Penny has been written is that they have wanted to keep them from getting too serious too fast, since they have been the primary couple from the pilot onward.

We have every right to celebrate this momentous milestone in the L/P relationship. But they have also setup the detour that they may take that I have feared, the Leonard initiated breakup.

I just couldn't buy a Leonard initiated breakup nor could I believe any fan that watched this show from the beginning would either. The whole premise of the show was a young inexperienced young man falling for a beautiful young woman. A true love at first sight fairy tale story. Leonard has outwardly or subconsciously adored Penny from the moment he set eyes on her. For him to be the one to break-up would just be inconceivable. Then on the other side of the equation. Penny after knowing Leonard in one capacity or another for almost six years. Along with her past history of relationship pain and disappointment. I just can't see a scenario that is believable where she would do the breaking up. Even if Alex becomes an "evil Alex" who conspires to break them up, what both of them showed since TBTI they think issues through and more importantly communicate with each other and not just give up and run. Long live the L/P! :)

thank you for the report. wow that sounds so exciting that they did the flash mob thing.

really looking forward to seeing this -- so happy for leonard.

Also, happy for sheldon. Nice to see him pull a prank on the other guys.

And, oh, I so hope the flash mob thing is on the upcoming dvd for season 6! I so want to see it!

Edited by BazingaFan

I don't think they'll break L/P up again. This was a major milestone, even if it happened the way it did. I think that in some ways, it couldn't happen any other way for Penny.

I also think that having her say it like some kind of great pronouncement would have been a little cheesy.

One of the aspects of their relationship that I like is that even though they've had their ups and downs and maybe Penny takes Leonard for granted to some degree, that despite everything, the love they have for each other really is genuine. Maybe Leonard got there first, but with the ups and downs and with Leonard having a few other girlfriends, Penny is beginning to understand that what she feels for Leonard is the real thing, not just the momentary interest of some passing fling.

I think that whatever past relationships she may have had, where maybe she thought she was in love and the guy turned out to be a jerk, she's never had a relationship like the one she has with Leonard. They were friends first, then lovers who broke up for a reason that was not terrible, not something they couldn't eventually get past (no infidelity, for example), and it's just taken them some time to get to where their hearts are ready at the same time.

I do think that it's interesting that Alex is kind of in the mix, but it also seems that Leonard will either be wary of her or oblivious, depending on which take they use in regard to her text.

Who knows, maybe Cole and Alex will end up together in the end... :D

I sure hope you are right about them not breaking up L/P even temporarily. But why they have Alex in the background of their new found happiness is beyond me. There is no way they can have her start a love triangle, even if Leonard does not realize he's in one that would not devestate the "new" Penny.

TPTB simply won't allow them to start their serious couplehood with out threathning them with some jeopardy. Penny getting jeolous over Leonard was cute when she either was not going out with him or uncertain of her feelings. Now that is resolved. She has taken the big leap surpressing her great fear of having the man she loves betray her. Having the one decent man she has ever loved even appear accidently to wander to another woman is down right cruel. I know there are Penny haters out there who will say she is getting what she deserves if that happends but they have gone to great lengths to make her character sympathic this season and now I think the majority of the fans are rooting for her and Leonard.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

I can't wait for Raj and Howard scenes!! Its been so long, Howard's scenes mostly include Bernadette these days and Raj is mostly moaning about not having a gf. So glad the duo are back!! I love Bernie but a small part me still wishes Howard was single and lonely, so the Raj and Howard can do stuff together. The prank sounds hilarious :) I wonder if the flash mob moment is actually part of the episode? or was that just a special thing for the audience?

Also Penny in her cheesecake uniform! I know Kaley has been irritated by having to wear that same costume over and over, but I don't know I think I've become too fond of the cheesecake factory.

Meg finally posted the taping repor! huzzah! I think this is an amazing episode even without the two other girls and stuart. It has a season 3 feel to it.

http://www.fanforum....15-post225.html

But boy, the flashmob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leonard and Penny! <3 sounds very cute when it says he is like crying at the fact that Penny said he loved him :D

I sure hope you are right about them not breaking up L/P even temporarily. But why they have Alex in the background of their new found happiness is beyond me. There is no way they can have her start a love triangle, even if Leonard does not realize he's in one that would not devestate the "new" Penny.

TPTB simply won't allow them to start their serious couplehood with out threathning them with some jeopardy. Penny getting jeolous over Leonard was cute when she either was not going out with him or uncertain of her feelings. Now that is resolved. She has taken the big leap surpressing her great fear of having the man she loves betray her. Having the one decent man she has ever loved even appear accidently to wander to another woman is down right cruel. I know there are Penny haters out there who will say she is getting what she deserves if that happends but they have gone to great lengths to make her character sympathic this season and now I think the majority of the fans are rooting for her and Leonard.

I hate the Idea of out guessing the writers, but in this case Leonard as the Meat in a Sandwich is a Great Idea. Penny could no longer take Leonard for granite. It could either cements their relationship as equals or Breaks them apart.

BangerMain although I understand your reasoning in that the writers would not let an oppurtunity staring them in the face go by. I just think they are also missing a great oppurtunity to "cure" Raj's mutism and have a love interest for him at the same time. Two birds with one stone if you will. By making Alex the "evil Alex" would pretty much destroy that scenario. The only reason Alex like's Leonard now over say Raj is because he has befreinded her and is personable and humorous (especially compared to the mute or the nut job she works for). A stark contrast to someone who happens to be in the same field of study as Alex and who is quite smitten with her but can"t utter a syllable other than croaking out in mid sentence "cheese" in front of her. It is quite understandable she likes Leonard. Having said that even now that she may be the one smitten with someone (Leonard) once she learns that Penny and Leonard not only cleared things up but took it to a much higher level then at this point she clearly would become "evil Alex" if she continued her pursuit and squashing any oppurtunity for poor old Raj once again.

However, getting back to your theory, moving forward with the L/P storyline of "evil Alex" would IMO, and possibly my hope, if they really need to go this route, that this scenario would ultimately cement the L/P relationship even sturdier to the appoint of a proposal acceptance during the final episode of the season! YAY L/P!! :)

i like the storyline for new ep but leonard needs to be less needy with Penny, just go with the flow and what ever happens, if its meant to be then they will both know

In any love relationship that is easier said then done.

At this point I just wanted Leonard to be happy. I also liked the part where they had to take that scene a few more times and not have the audience saying "awww" for it to be more emotional. Yes, it's gonna get emo. The Emos will looooooove that. Just like the scene after they left for the North Pole and that they taped Penny's scene where she said she wished he wasn't going.

Alex doesn't have to be bad; though redheads do usually turn out to be crazy on the show. It could be that both Leonard and Penny realize that while they love one another they have more in common and enjoy Alex and Cole's company more or Penny & Leonard could both be insecure and call it off for that reason. Remember we probably have 4 more seasons ahead.

Alex doesn't have to be bad; though redheads do usually turn out to be crazy on the show. It could be that both Leonard and Penny realize that while they love one another they have more in common and enjoy Alex and Cole's company more or Penny &amp; Leonard could both be insecure and call it off for that reason. Remember we probably have 4 more seasons ahead.

Except that the writers used both Cole and Alex to finally solidify the Leonard/Penny relationship. Both of them rejected the alternative, why would they suddenly decide to stop loving each other and go to the rejected? Penny was furious that Leonard would even think she would chose Cole. And Leonard has not shown any romantic interest in Alex he does not even seem to even notice her interest in him.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

Except that the writers used both Cole and Alex to finally solidify the Leonard/Penny relationship. Both of them rejected the alternative, why would they suddenly decide to stop loving each other and go to the rejected? Penny was furious that Leonard would even think she would chose Cole. And Leonard has not shown any romantic interest in Alex he does not even seem to even notice her interest in him.

Excellent analysis!

snapback.pngrachygd, on 25 October 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

i like the storyline for new ep but leonard needs to be less needy with Penny, just go with the flow and what ever happens, if its meant to be then they will both know

I suppose but the constant are we still dating line from leonard to penny every time they hit a little blip could become a bit annoying, if i was with a bloke like that i would put him straight and he would not be asking again!!!

snapback.pngrachygd, on 25 October 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

I suppose but the constant are we still dating line from leonard to penny every time they hit a little blip could become a bit annoying, if i was with a bloke like that i would put him straight and he would not be asking again!!!

There is a big difference in ones confidence when someone that is deeply in love with someone but that person won't or can't tell them they love them too, compared to both people knowing each other loves them. Now that Leonard finally has heard Penny admit she loves him he will have a new confidence in their relationship. They are now on equal footing.

• Like 2

It is great that Penny says ILY, I think season 6 has been building up to a huge L/P event and I am glad the writers did the right thing and made it the ILY. Now I want then to relieve most of the insecurity in the L/P relationship and turn them both into a secure couple. After all they have made whole sitcoms about people in a relationship so the L/P relationship in the show could add a lot of laughter. Penny also needs to drink less (unless the writers are planning to use that in a future storyline) and she needs to be more romantic, because right now she acts like an alley cat in heat when it comes to sex.

My belated thanks to Kyzzx for the 6x8 report.

Wow, I am a bit surprised at the ILY from Penny. It seems to come a bit out of nowhere. Not so long ago, she wasn't sure she loved him. 6x5 seemed like a bit of progress for her but they'll be back to arguing in the next one when she goes back to college. Penny is really hard to 'read' the way they're writing her. I wasn't expecting a big romantic gesture from her so saying ILY in the middle of an argument seems in character, but I am not sure if I'd like the way it was done if I were an L/P shipper, which I am not. Anyway, it sounds like they tried to play it in a sweet and touching way so it will probably look better in the show than how it reads.

The Howard/Raj/Sheldon plot sounds epic.

I do hope the full video of the flash mob surfaces at some point in the future. The description sounds amazing. I wonder whether Jim was disappointed or relieved that he didn't get to participate in all the dancing. :icon_lol:

Wow, I am a bit surprised at the ILY from Penny. It seems to come a bit out of nowhere. Not so long ago, she wasn't sure she loved him. 6x5 seemed like a bit of progress for her but they'll be back to arguing in the next one when she goes back to college. Penny is really hard to 'read' the way they're writing her. I wasn't expecting a big romantic gesture from her so saying ILY in the middle of an argument seems in character, but I am not sure if I'd like the way it was done if I were an L/P shipper, which I am not. Anyway, it sounds like they tried to play it in a sweet and touching way so it will probably look better in the show than how it reads.

I can see where it would seem a bit out of nowhere but I feel like it was fine where it was because of 6.5, 6.6, and 6.7. Each episode presents a situation where Penny would normally break up with him over something stupid, but they instead worked through it. I think, when watching them all together, the transition makes sense. At least to me.

• Like 2