Season 6 spoilers

There won't be any babies yet, I can assure you that. But if this show continues to have 10+ million viewers on CBS it could migt as well go on to 12 seasons. Which means 6 more years with these fellas. Children by then are inevitable (realistically).

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Monster Isolation   Raj is sitting in an empty coffee shop with potential love interest, Lucy. He is talking about himself and where he has studied and that he is an astrophysicist. He stops tal

does "being hot" then equal being "better" then? Sorry, but I HATE that argument, saying that Sheldon could "do better" only because Amy is not "hot enough?". Because that's what you're saying.   Is

I think that part of the problem with how Penny has been written is that they have wanted to keep them from getting too serious too fast, since they have been the primary couple from the pilot onward.

It seems like all of you are like 2 episodes in front of everybody else!

The "ILY" episode? Which one is that? Have I missed something?

Please explain! :D

6.08 is the ILY episode (she says she loves him in the middle of an argument and they both part ways thats it)

and in 6.09 no mention of ILY and no L\P scene

Edited by vasu

What!? Are you serious??? Are they breaking up, or just leaving the room?

Woah.... you are just too curious...and too worried... are'nt you ???? :p

Anyways here is the L\P ILY scene

Penny is leaving her apartment wearing her Cheesecake Factory uniform. Leonard is walking up the stairs. He sees her.

"Hey."

She says, "Shouldn't you be out with your gang spray-painting equations on the side of buildings?"

Penny starts raising her voice a little. "I can't believe you don't trust me!" "Of course I do!"

"You do know that Cole knew exaclty who you were when you were talking to him, right?!"

"How?"

"I have a picture of you on my FRIDGE."

"And he still led me on like that? I'm reallllly starting to not like this guy!"

"Leonard, I don't understand why you do thi-"

"LISTEN. It's hard, okay? Everywhere you go, guys hit on you constantly. And sometimes... I'm standing right there. And they're all taller than me, WHY IS EVERYONE TALLER THAN ME?!"

Penny says, "Listen, you know I love you, and you keep doing things like this and it needs to stop because it's driving me crazy."

Silence.

She realizes what she said.

He says, "That's the first time you've ever said that to me..."

"Uh... huh..."

"Am... am I supposed to act like it's not a big deal?"

"Yeah, I just... um." and she's getting overwhelmed and she's about to cry.

She says, "Oh, gosh. I should go, we shouldn't talk about this because I'm going to start crying and we both know that if I start crying, you're going to start crying!"

He looks down, then up, he croaks, "Right!" and they part ways. She goes downstairs. He goes inside. He shuts the door, looks up, and is crying. "She loves me!"

• Like 1

And then, of course, they ruin it by having Alex call him right then and ask him out for coffee and to "Talk". Because earlier in the episode he is complaining to her about Penny, and she (Alex) is obviously interested in him....

Edited by Disgusted

And then, of course, they ruin it by having Alex call him right then and ask him out for coffee and to "Talk". Because earlier in the episode he is complaining to her about Penny, and she (Alex) is obviously interested in him....

But the key to that moment is his reaction (or non-reaction, if you will.) It's not like he says, "Oh, good, another girlfriend!!"

But the key to that moment is his reaction (or non-reaction, if you will.) It's not like he says, "Oh, good, another girlfriend!!"

Depending on which take they decide to use. I'm hoping they use the second one "What a friendly girl.". Only because that one makes it clear he doesn't realize she likes him. Not that Leonard would ever cheat on Penny. She has always been the love of his life. Nor can the character of Leonard be able to cheat. Even when he wanted to with Alice while having the long distance relationship with the woman from India he couldn't. Actually his character even would first make sure Penny was still seeing someone else before starting a new relationship. When Sheldon's sister showed up and all the guys wanted to date her. Leonard went to Penny's apartment to ask Missy out but first asked Penny if she was still dating Mike and if things were going well. So the Alex character wouldn't get Leonard to stray, it simply would be totally out of character. Not to mention devastate Penny whom he loves. The problem is how the writers are going to use Alex in their relationship going forward. She could manipulate things behind his back to disrupt L/P. Then again we may not see Alex again. But I have a feeling she will return. I just wish she would return for Raj and not to cause issues for L/P. This is a comedy after all not a drama.

Edited by SodidIwin?
  • Like 2

Depending on which take they decide to use. I'm hoping they use the second one "What a friendly girl.". Only because that one makes it clear he doesn't realize she likes him. Not that Leonard would ever cheat on Penny. She has always been the love of his life. Nor can the character of Leonard be able to cheat. Even when he wanted to with Alice while having the long distance relationship with the woman from India he couldn't. Actually his character even would first make sure Penny was still seeing someone else before starting a new relationship. When Sheldon's sister showed up and all the guys wanted to date her. Leonard went to Penny's apartment to ask Missy out but first asked Penny if she was still dating Mike and if things were going well. So the Alex character wouldn't get Leonard to stray, it simply would be totally out of character. Not to mention devastate Penny whom he loves. The problem is how the writers are going to use Alex in their relationship going forward. She could manipulate things behind his back to disrupt L/P. Then again we may not see Alex again. But I have a feeling she will return. I just wish she would return for Raj and not to cause issues for L/P. This is a comedy after all not a drama.

It would be so incredibly out of character for Leonard to even briefly waver from his focus on Penny after she has said that she loves him, the purpose of Alex now is questionable. The only thing that they could do is have a series of incidents caused by Alex that the insecure Penny would misinterpret as possible signs of infidelity. As clueless as they have made Penny on occasions in the past (when the writers see fit) the one thing she has stated as belief is that Leonard would never hurt her. How they would convincingly have her start thinking that Leonard is like all the other guys she has known, would be a pretty big writing project to change Leonard.

Realistically, Alex would be just another bump in the road for the L/P express.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1

I just hope that they leave L\P happy (some cute funny quirky plots) and if they want any relationship drama...transfer it to some other couple... "P

No more drama for L\P pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 2

Maybe because Penny says in the ILY scene that she can't believe that Leonard doesn't trust her, they are going to create a situation where Penny gets a little weird with Alex and she has to learn trust is a two way street. Also, she better stop taking Leonard for granted. It would help develop her character.

Maybe because Penny says in the ILY scene that she can't believe that Leonard doesn't trust her, they are going to create a situation where Penny gets a little weird with Alex and she has to learn trust is a two way street. Also, she better stop taking Leonard for granted. It would help develop her character.

I am not saying I want it to happen BUT. Leonard kicked himself for not cheating on Prya with the Comic Book store girl. Then Pyra Announced she cheated on him. I mean Leonard been a Horny little dude with several Girl friends so I wouldn't put it past the writers to get even for the Penny & Raj episode.

I haven't ever took her statement that Leonard would never hurt her as she taking him for granted. Remember Leonard has gone to her each and every time he had girlfriend issues. She said that because she knows Leonard better than anyone and therefore just really believes he wouldn't hurt her. The fact she hadn't said ILY had much more to do with her previous relationships rather than her one with Leonard. According to the report she looked terrified when she realized she actually said ILY to Leonard. Not because she knew she loved him but because she probably told herself she would never let herself be hurt again after giving her heart to someone. I just can't believe after everything the writers have done with L/P since the second half of last season that they would do something that would destroy Penny after she had finally broken down that wall she had built to protect herself.

• Like 1

I haven't ever took her statement that Leonard would never hurt her as she taking him for granted. Remember Leonard has gone to her each and every time he had girlfriend issues. She said that because she knows Leonard better than anyone and therefore just really believes he wouldn't hurt her. The fact she hadn't said ILY had much more to do with her previous relationships rather than her one with Leonard. According to the report she looked terrified when she realized she actually said ILY to Leonard. Not because she knew she loved him but because she probably told herself she would never let herself be hurt again after giving her heart to someone. I just can't believe after everything the writers have done with L/P since the second half of last season that they would do something that would destroy Penny after she had finally broken down that wall she had built to protect herself.

This is basically what I have been thinking here. The last guy we know that penny actually loved is Kurt and we saw what a jack a$$ that guy could be shes probably scared of going through something like that again. Which does make sense even tho its been a little while

I can't really see Leonard cheating on Penny. I could more see Penny getting drunk, with the girls at a bar, and ending up in some guys bed and having to beg Leonard's forgiveness, before I can see Leonard cheating on her.

I don't think that Leonard's dalliance with the Comic Book Store girl was about him being the cheating kind or being a horndog or anything lke that. If he were that guy, he would have gone through with it and just lied to Priya, or maybe just used it as an excuse to break up with her, if he liked the CBS girl better.

Instead, he struggled over whether or not to even see her, then couldn't bring himself to lie to her or to go past kissing her, then he felt compelled to confess to Priya and beg her forgiveness.

THis is not a guy who's going to cheat on the girl he's been in love with for the past 5 years just because some perky little grad student flirts with him.

Now, that's not to say that there might not be some misunderstanding amongst the three of them.

I don't know that Alex is the conniving sort. I don't think we've seen enough of her to know that one way or the other. She comes across as being fairly open, IMO. I think she sees the opportunity to spend time with Leonard as offering him a way out of what she thinks is a difficult relationship or whatever. If she thinks that he's unhappy with his relationship with Penny, then she's ready to be the next one in line for him.

However, I think Leonard's been fairly oblivious to her flirting--he thinks she's a nice girl, she's funny and articulate and, yeah, it's probably flattering to have someone eager to hear you talk about your work, etc. I don't think he has ever thought about her as a potential date or anything like that.

Penny has already seen Alex as a potential rival or threat, even if Leonard hasn't thought about it like that. So I can see Penny really staking a claim on Leonard, maybe eventually getting in Alex's face about it, or maybe warning Leonard that Alex is trying to get under his skin. I don't know whether or not she'd actually get jealous or blame Leonard, but she'd probably blame Alex for trying to move in on him.

If Alex does continue to try to get in with Leonard, this could make things difficult between Leonard and Raj--another potential triangle...

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 3

HELLO I think the point people are missing is Penny is no longer taking Leonard for granted and is trying to impress him by going back to school. Penny has also finally verbalized the words ILY to Leonard which is a big step toward not taking him for granted.

Now back to the time before Penny went to school or told Leonard ILY. Many here were posting they wanted L/P back together long enough for Leonard to get a pair and DUMP PENNY. Is Alex the girl that can get Leonard to leave Penny? After all she is a grad student and more on Leonard's intellectual level.

Regarding the Alice thing.... I always sort of compared it with Sheldon's spock lies thing..

Leonard ----------------------- Sheldon

Alice ---------------------------- Leonard's Toy

Priya ---------------------------- Broken Toy

Advice from P\S ------------------------------ From spock doll

Wanted to do Alice -------------------------- Wanted the new Toy

But in the end could not do it ----------------- But in the end he could not do it

So I think what the writers were trying to convey in both those episodes was the even when L\S are presented with the opportunity to do a bad thing...which they actually want to do ...they still can't do those things because deep down they are guys with good morals and heart...Its a sitcom so they add a few things here and there to make it more funny.....I felt it had nothing to do with Penny or any other person....it was just about their own personal issues

Well this is my opinion :)

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

I hated that, too. A moment we've pretty much waited 6 years for and that happens not 30 seconds later.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't see either Penny or Leonard as the cheating types. I do agree that something is likely going to happen that will make Penny the one who needs forgiving but I don't know if cheating will be a part of it.

Because if we look at them, on one hand we have Leonard who is your typical "good" guy with a girl who he practically fell in love with the first moment he saw her. Judging by his character thus far through the show I think that it is safe to rule at least this much out. Thats not to say he doesn't hang out with Alex or something he doesn't see as cheating but penny takes the wrong way... who knows

On the other hand is Penny who has, as far as we know, been actually "in love" only one other time with Kurt who ended up hurting her in more ways than one. Since then we have seen Penny date guy after guy who ends up causing her pain (save for leonard). She knows what its like to be hurt like that and i dont think she would be willing to do that to anyone least of all leonard. Especially after we saw how she acted in S6 E2 when she wanted to break up with him but couldn't get past his puppy eyes.

• Like 3

I hated that, too. A moment we've pretty much waited 6 years for and that happens not 30 seconds later.

Yes I agree, what's up with that? It's like the writers are saying ok we will give you your ILY but don't enjoy it, don't get comfortable. You can have your ILY, however, we're not going to have them have even one warm moment about it. We're not even going to let them make a semi-big deal about it. We're not even going to let them kiss and have Leonard say ILY back. NOTHING between them. Leonard's reaction when he went back into his apartment was great but then the text? Please, that was just uncalled for IMO! L/P is the core relationship of the show (The show's whole premise is built around the two.) yet they are determined to make them the most complicated and not allow their fans even a full episode of drama free contentment. Then to make matters worse they don't even have one single scene with them in the following episode! Unbelievable! I just don't get it! Thank you all for letting me get my rant in! :)

• Like 5

Back to the LEONARD TRUSTING PENNY THING.

Given Leonard's up tight feels and over thinking every situation. Add in Penny's dumping him once and now more recent stand offish attitude that almost dumped him again. WHY WOULDN'T LEONARD'S CHARACTER BE A LITTLE PARANOID OR MIS-TRUSTING?????

In every relationship there is an alpha and a beta. While the writers appear to be making Penny more Beta they are not letting Leonard be more Alpha.