Season 6 spoilers

Back to the LEONARD TRUSTING PENNY THING.

Given Leonard's up tight feels and over thinking every situation. Add in Penny's dumping him once and now more recent stand offish attitude that almost dumped him again. WHY WOULDN'T LEONARD'S CHARACTER BE A LITTLE PARANOID OR MIS-TRUSTING?????

In every relationship there is an alpha and a beta. While the writers appear to be making Penny more Beta they are not letting Leonard be more Alpha.

Penny does have the upper hand in this relationship--Leonard is the one doing the chasing and she is the one with the power to say yes or no. She's not trying to seduce him or trying to get him to ask her out. She's always been the one to either invite him into the relationship or shut him out.

Unless she were to do something majorly wrong, like cheat on him or something, which I don't see happening at this point, with the line they've been taking so far, I don't think he would mistrust her in the sense of worrying that she'd betray him.

I think his only mistrust would be a matter of insecurity on his part, which we've already seen. He's always been up against all the manly, beefy, pretty boys that he's seen her go out with and that he knows are out there competing with him for any woman, let alone Penny.

The only way I can see Penny screwing up would be if she were tempted by some really hot movie star guy or something, like if she were to get a part in a film or TV show or something. Some super-hot co-star comes on to her and pushes her into a kiss or something like that. BUT, I really can't see that happening at this point, when she seems to be determined to commit to Leonard. I can't imagine that she'd even consider hurting him unless they were somehow "on a break" in their relationship. Maybe something like that might happen later this season or maybe next season, but again, I think that if they're on solid ground, which they seem to be for the time being, she would be able to resist such temptation.

It might be interesting to see some hot star pressuring her, maybe even sexually harrassing her, and see Leonard have to step up to defend her or something. ;)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Monster Isolation   Raj is sitting in an empty coffee shop with potential love interest, Lucy. He is talking about himself and where he has studied and that he is an astrophysicist. He stops tal

does "being hot" then equal being "better" then? Sorry, but I HATE that argument, saying that Sheldon could "do better" only because Amy is not "hot enough?". Because that's what you're saying.   Is

I think that part of the problem with how Penny has been written is that they have wanted to keep them from getting too serious too fast, since they have been the primary couple from the pilot onward.

After watching last nights episode, I have the bad feeling they are going to screw with the L/P relationship again. The writers seem only to want to write drama and conflict into the L/P relationship anymore. Last week they had a big conflict, this week nothing (they don't even talk to each other) and next week they have another conflict (forget about the ILY). Also, the next week after we hear there is nothing in it about then. It seems like they are now just going from one conflict to the next with no them just being BF/GF in the middle. I'm getting the feeling something shocking is going to happen between they after the holidays because the writers are really screwing with their relationship this season.

After watching last nights episode, I have the bad feeling they are going to screw with the L/P relationship again. The writers seem only to want to write drama and conflict into the L/P relationship anymore. Last week they had a big conflict, this week nothing (they don't even talk to each other) and next week they have another conflict (forget about the ILY). Also, the next week after we hear there is nothing in it about then. It seems like they are now just going from one conflict to the next with no them just being BF/GF in the middle. I'm getting the feeling something shocking is going to happen between they after the holidays because the writers are really screwing with their relationship this season.

From the Start of Hollywood DRAMA SELLS. You can't knock success they are the # 1 comedy. OK I don't like it either but I understand it.

From the Start of Hollywood DRAMA SELLS. You can't knock success they are the # 1 comedy. OK I don't like it either but I understand it.

true but i feel liek there should be some kind of limit... i mean i feel like we are being beaten over the head with a drama stick when i watch these relationship moments. I for one am a huge L/P fan if i had my way they wouldn't break up again for the rest of the show. Whether or not thats going to happen is beside the point but what I'm asking for is maybe an episode here and there where we dont see them fight but actually see them enjoying each others company. Like IDK snuggling on the couch and watching a movie or something. Anything to let us know they are still a good couple.

• Like 3

true but i feel liek there should be some kind of limit... i mean i feel like we are being beaten over the head with a drama stick when i watch these relationship moments. I for one am a huge L/P fan if i had my way they wouldn't break up again for the rest of the show. Whether or not thats going to happen is beside the point but what I'm asking for is maybe an episode here and there where we dont see them fight but actually see them enjoying each others company. Like IDK snuggling on the couch and watching a movie or something. Anything to let us know they are still a good couple.

My thoughts exactly....But I don't think they will break them up again...it does'nt look like it...I'm not sure...but I hope I am right :)

I really thought the last episode (extract obliteration) was a great chance of improving the status of their relationship (they still did not but not in a way I liked)

I mean how nice it would have been if it were Leonard who found out the history book and asked her about this.......the Penny telling him about college(not want to tell because of insecurity).....then have him assure her that he thinks she is smart (examples like chess , halo etc).... and help her "prepare" for the exam..... something along these line...

Which would have moved the story forward...remove an important obstacle in their relationship(which i feel was their point)...show us why they are good for each other....more importantly keep the characters likable....

But it looked like they just wanted to involve A\B in the storyline...so they might have come up with that idea.....

it was funny as hell but it was at the expense of characters :(.... I want to laugh with them not at them

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

I think that we need to make the distinction between drama and conflict.

There is conflict in every story, even in comedic stories--that's what moves the action forward.

But drama is on overall seriousness and different level of emotional involvement.

IMO, what we saw between L&P was not drama, but conflict. They had a bit of a spat and it did touch on certain issues they need to work on, but the conflict was on the lighter side--no one was wanting to break up or separate or anything like that.

In contrast, Penny's break-up with Leonard in the bowling alley was more like drama--it involved deeper emotions and led to a more permanent outcome.

Whatever conflicts the writers may have planned for L&P, I think they've said that they see them as being together in the long run. And since they've already gone down the road of breaking them up, I don't think they have any plans to repeat that whole idea and break them up again.

I'm sure they'll continue to have rough moments, misunderstandings, even disagreements, but I don't think that constitutes "DRAMA!!" and I think it gives the writers some grounds to give them traction in moving forward.

• Like 5

I think that we need to make the distinction between drama and conflict.

There is conflict in every story, even in comedic stories--that's what moves the action forward.

But drama is on overall seriousness and different level of emotional involvement.

IMO, what we saw between L&P was not drama, but conflict. They had a bit of a spat and it did touch on certain issues they need to work on, but the conflict was on the lighter side--no one was wanting to break up or separate or anything like that.

In contrast, Penny's break-up with Leonard in the bowling alley was more like drama--it involved deeper emotions and led to a more permanent outcome.

Whatever conflicts the writers may have planned for L&P, I think they've said that they see them as being together in the long run. And since they've already gone down the road of breaking them up, I don't think they have any plans to repeat that whole idea and break them up again.

I'm sure they'll continue to have rough moments, misunderstandings, even disagreements, but I don't think that constitutes "DRAMA!!" and I think it gives the writers some grounds to give them traction in moving forward.

I liked your analysis between drama vs conflict. I hope you are correct. I as a L/P fan have no problem with conflict. Every relationship has issues to work through. However, I am very tired of the drama portion of the L/P dynamic. That means stop the constant bickering and more of the relationship shown in 6x5.

• Like 1

Oh I agree that there is always conflict within relatilnsholips of any any caliber I just wish we got to see some of the lighter side of the L/P ship. I feel like except for the Halloween episode all weve seen is conflict :(

• Like 1

I would classify what happened in the most recent episode as a conflict as well. I also agree that the writers need to balance that out a bit with showing them enjoying each others company like in they were a couple of episodes ago.

I don't foresee another break up for these two, like it's already been mentioned they already went down that road and besides that it would require them splitting the show up and having it be the girls in one storyline and the guys in another. It simply wouldn't be feasable for L/P to remain friends again if they had another break up, it was already borderline and awkward the first time, a second time just isn't credible at that point. Despite the constant comparisons Leonard and Penny are not Ross and Rachel.

They'll continue to have conflicts and occasional fights but that is normal. In fact anybody who's been in a long term relationship will tell you that, despite what would normally be seen as a positive, if you are not having an occasional fight or spat with your partner that you should actually be concerened because having that occasional row indicates that there is still a level of passion and emotional involvement between the two involved.

• Like 6

Traffic was a biiiitch today. It's never been that bad where I'm coming from. I'm like, #30 in line. :/

Experience would have about 5 or 6 of these people be guaranteed, so I'm really like #25. The highest number I've ever been is #10, lol.

I hope I get in. My luck is pretty good, I've gotten in every time, but gosh darn it.

I'm here, Pomita! Haha. Playing the waiting game....and being jealous of someone with a portable DVD player. LOL.

Monique

I'm behind this person so I get to watch it.

May I add: Mwa. Ha. Ha.

Edited by Kyzzx