Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

They replaced the Cheesecake Factory reconcilation scene with the dry cleaners scene? (Just to be clear)

No, they have the scene at the Cheesecake Factory where they're proposing a toast (to "burying the hatchet") and Penny walks by and she's like, "oh, everybody's happy, great." and her nose is all busted.

THEN they show the dry cleaners scene at the very end. I assume they are both there on the aired version.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they have the scene at the Cheesecake Factory where they're proposing a toast (to "burying the hatchet") and Penny walks by and she's like, "oh, everybody's happy, great." and her nose is all busted.

THEN they show the dry cleaners scene at the very end. I assume they are both there on the aired version.

Thanks for the clear up!

Oh yeah! I think it's safe to say I've lost all my marbles today. LOL.

Monique

Kyzzx, thanks for the clarification. It sounded like something was cut and we were trying to determine if anything got cut. I assume they still had the backseat conversation about the bandaids included as well?

Definitely, the bandaid scene remains.

Monique

so after watching tonights episode its my guess that the reason that they are choosing to keep the L/P scenes/interactions to a minimum in the next few episodes is because they are trying to play it just like Leonard and Penny are. Not making a big deal out of it. I think the first time we see it brought up it will have a chance to have some real emotion behind it. Like the first time they actually give each other meaningful ILY's or however they choose to bring it back into the story. I think it will work out well for them this way. Still sucks having to wait so long to see what happens tho :icon_mad:

I think you are right. They have moved on from it and it is out there but they are not making it this big thing. They know they love each other and that is all that matters. I was pretty annoyed last night that there was still no mention of it in 10, but now I totally understand where the writers are going with this and it totally fits this couple.

I also think the actual way the ILY was done between Penny and Leonard was much better than the taping report implied. Penny didn't really seem mad at Leonard as she was frustrated that he was so insecure.

I think the ILY scene came across a lot better than the taping report as well. Kaley did an amazing job actually in this scene. One of her best scenes. I really was so pleased with the whole scene. It came across genuine, shocking in a way to both of them, yet accepted that it is a reality and to just let it not disrupt what they have. I loved it. It should help give Leonard some confidence as well. I think that really was what concerned him (that feelings were one-sided). Well done! :icon_mrgreen:

Exactly! Insecure! That was the word I was looking for haha thank you. But yes it was done much better than I was expecting from the taping report. It actually seemed really sweet and I was glad they kind of made Leonard realize he screwed up and basically admit he was insecure before she dropped the lily

Ok, for discussion sake, after tonight's episode with Sheldon's comment about chicken pecking (and example), he clearly knew what he was inferring and talking about here. So how are we to reconcile is awareness of something that sexual in this episode yet in the upcoming next two episodes he is back to clueless? Isn't that being rather inconsistent? I mean it is okay for him to not know many things, but if he knew enough to suggest what he did to Leonard tonight, he certainly must understand that bathing your naked girlfriend and spanking her is not exactly non-sexual. So any thoughts as to why they moved him back to being so "innocent" and clueless?

Ok, for discussion sake, after tonight's episode with Sheldon's comment about chicken pecking (and example), he clearly knew what he was inferring and talking about here. So how are we to reconcile is awareness of something that sexual in this episode yet in the upcoming next two episodes he is back to clueless? Isn't that being rather inconsistent? I mean it is okay for him to not know many things, but if he knew enough to suggest what he did to Leonard tonight, he certainly must understand that bathing your naked girlfriend and spanking her is not exactly non-sexual. So any thoughts as to why they moved him back to being so "innocent" and clueless?

I had to just re-watch this scene since my mom was being loud earlier when I watched it at her place but you know what? You make a fair point. I have no explanation though. LOL. Anyone else got this??

He DOES have a very sexually-charged Amy for a girlfriend which could explain where he learns a few things from. LOL...plus, I think Sheldon makes people think he is innocent about different things even though he is not.

Yeah, that's all I got. I know someone else can come up with something better...LOL.

Monique

I had to just re-watch this scene since my mom was being loud earlier when I watched it at her place but you know what? You make a fair point. I have no explanation though. LOL. Anyone else got this??

He DOES have a very sexually-charged Amy for a girlfriend which could explain where he learns a few things from. LOL...plus, I think Sheldon makes people think he is innocent about different things even though he is not.

Yeah, that's all I got. I know someone else can come up with something better...LOL.

Monique

I have to believe he knows more and knew more in those scenes than he let on. I suspect they are going to come out in future episodes either through fantasies or somehow in conversations that it will be clear that he reacted more than we realized. Otherwise it makes no sense to me. They would be having him be terribly inconsistent. So I agree, he is letting on that he is innocent, but he really isn't that innocent. I just hope they bring him to a more level consistency. ;)

I have to believe he knows more and knew more in those scenes than he let on. I suspect they are going to come out in future episodes either through fantasies or somehow in conversations that it will be clear that he reacted more than we realized. Otherwise it makes no sense to me. They would be having him be terribly inconsistent. So I agree, he is letting on that he is innocent, but he really isn't that innocent. I just hope they bring him to a more level consistency. ;)

Speaking of inconsistencies , take the scene in season 3 "the ring episode" where Penny says she the bag is from victoria secret ,the guys(including Sheldon) look at Leonard...

Should'nt Sheldon be standing there looking confused because he would not understand why she made that comment at that time ...

I think its better we let those inconsistencies aside...because from what I have seen till now in TBBT the preference is as follows:

JOKE >> CONTINUITY >= CHARACTERIZATION

Thinking back on the whole caretaking thing.... I actually start to think we're overthinking it. It might very well be that caretaking is something he takes very seriously and partly does associate with "motherly" feelings so that he did not act with the intentions of... you know... taking advantage of the situation. I do now think that we are reading too much into it, I think they just wanted to have an ep where he takes care of it and it made sense to exploit Amy's dirty mind and his "innocence" for laughs. Also, it is true that he put up with more physical contact, and willingly, that he ever has with anyone, which kind will stop him from freaking out when THE time comes... if you know what I mean...

anyway, just my 2 cents.

eta: I actually think the whole chicken-pecking thing is further evidence that he's more of a monk than asexual. He is not as naive as some might think he is, he just does not have his mind in the gutter 24/7 like most people do so he often does not make connections with sexual innuendos.

eta2: I've finally watched the scene and I'm just rolling around in tears. Oh God, Sheldon! haha!

Edited by spook

Just watched this myself and yep, 100% agree with you, but it's been the pattern since day one that they never are consistent with storylines (I mean whatever happened to Stephanie?) or character development,

I mentioned this in the other forum, in regard to the chicken-pecking scene--I think that in his mind he may be thinking of two separate things and it's up to the audience (and Leonard) to infer the dirty interpretation.

On the one hand he's talking about her being hypnotized into performing sexual acts, it he doesn't indicate anything in particular at that point. Then he's talking about how she thinks she's just a chicken pecking at corn, which could easily be a common hypnotist's prank.

So I think one could say he's thinking of two separate things and not consciously connecting them.

It's kind of like the cluelessness he displayed back in the ep where Penny was addicted to the video game and he unknowingly picked up that guy in the cafeteria.

I mentioned this in the other forum, in regard to the chicken-pecking scene--I think that in his mind he may be thinking of two separate things and it's up to the audience (and Leonard) to infer the dirty interpretation.

On the one hand he's talking about her being hypnotized into performing sexual acts, it he doesn't indicate anything in particular at that point. Then he's talking about how she thinks she's just a chicken pecking at corn, which could easily be a common hypnotist's prank.

So I think one could say he's thinking of two separate things and not consciously connecting them.

It's kind of like the cluelessness he displayed back in the ep where Penny was addicted to the video game and he unknowingly picked up that guy in the cafeteria.

I think it's a mix of both, to be honest. I read on the other forum that the scene was originally meant to be longer, with Leonard not getting it and Sheldon continuing with his pecking motion and eventually giving up and throwing his hands in the air irritated that Leonard is not getting it. It's not that he's completely clueless about sexual puns ("The meme has reached full penetration" "Pun intended?"), it's just that so far he has only latched onto the more obvious ones. They might be laying some groundwork for him understanding/making more puns like that... or it might have been a one-off. We'll see. The difference with the cafeteria scene was that in that scene they made it very clear that everyone around him was clued in on what was going on except for him. In this one it was Leonard who had no clue what he was going on about, if they had wanted to make the joke about his inability to connect the sexual and non-sexual aspects of that gesture, imo, they would have had Leonard react differently.

The whole scene is pretty weird in terms of how Sheldon deals with what he sees as Leonard's emotional immaturity, it's like their roles are suddenly reversed and now Sheldon is the wise one, while being Sheldon at the same time by bringing up random facts like the statistical probability of the guy being a skilled hypnotist. I always wondered whether when the writers said before the season started that he wouldn't change but is capable of things we haven't seen yet, coupled with the "When I have a feeling, I know it", could mean that they're going to surprise us in the way he will handle his own emotions and instead of having him freaking out and starting ticking symptoms boxes he will actually be calm, cool and collected and rational about it (see the whole schedule for his hackeysack games as a way to cope with things without freaking out) and maybe even set the example for the others (P/L, like in this scene where he tells Leonard he's being emotionally immature spying on Penny). I think it'd be much more interesting to see him surprise his friends (and the audience) in that way than having him predictably freaking out all over the place. And the thing I'd love the most would be for him to become Penny's "mentor" in dealing with her own immaturity when it comes to commitment, again, reversing the standard Penny-Sheldon interaction. And maybe even having everyone notice this except Amy, until people start making comments about it.

Anyway, I'm rambling... this probably will never happen, but hey, here's hope.

Edited by spook

Monique

Thinking back on the whole caretaking thing.... I actually start to think we're overthinking it. It might very well be that caretaking is something he takes very seriously and partly does associate with "motherly" feelings so that he did not act with the intentions of... you know... taking advantage of the situation. I do now think that we are reading too much into it, I think they just wanted to have an ep where he takes care of it and it made sense to exploit Amy's dirty mind and his "innocence" for laughs. Also, it is true that he put up with more physical contact, and willingly, that he ever has with anyone, which kind will stop him from freaking out when THE time comes... if you know what I mean...

anyway, just my 2 cents.

eta: I actually think the whole chicken-pecking thing is further evidence that he's more of a monk than asexual. He is not as naive as some might think he is, he just does not have his mind in the gutter 24/7 like most people do so he often does not make connections with sexual innuendos.

eta2: I've finally watched the scene and I'm just rolling around in tears. Oh God, Sheldon! haha!

This may have already been mentioned but it differs in the fact that it has more than one interpretation. Sheldon was treated that way when he was a child by his own parents, so since he didn't see it as sexual when his parents did it, I think he would struggle more to see how it changed when he was doing it to Amy. The whole 'chicken pecking corn thing' xD is more explicitly sexual. I'm sure he wouldn't ever imagine his parents ever doing such a thing to him in ANY situation O.o

This may have already been mentioned but it differs in the fact that it has more than one interpretation. Sheldon was treated that way when he was a child by his own parents, so since he didn't see it as sexual when his parents did it, I think he would struggle more to see how it changed when he was doing it to Amy. The whole 'chicken pecking corn thing' xD is more explicitly sexual. I'm sure he wouldn't ever imagine his parents ever doing such a thing to him in ANY situation O.o

I know this is irrelevant, but I love your avatar!! *points to self's*