The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pomita

Season 6 spoilers

that's my point! Sheldon is always truthful, even when it's unpleasant. If Penny gained 30 lbs he'd mention it & give her a strict diet or ask her why she is eating so much. Leonard would just find Penny 'unhot.'

that's my point! Sheldon is always truthful, even when it's unpleasant. If Penny gained 30 lbs he'd mention it & give her a strict diet or ask her why she is eating so much. Leonard would just find Penny 'unhot.'

Why?

He find Dr. Stephany hot, even though she was not thin.:icon_arrow:

@Ely a big fan

I forgot that, you're right.

Sheldon is the kind of person who you think is hot until he opens his mouth, and then you think 'No way!' Who hasn't meet a woman/man like that!

I have to admit if my partner gained 30 lbs, I wouldn't find that hot either. Everyone is a bit superficial. Some more than others but measuring Leonard against Sheldon's freakish inability to be affected by any physical attraction is kind of unfair. Sheldon is very unreal.

Very true about the L/P dynamic, Leonard yields always & Penny wants a strong man; which is why she has so much charisma with bossy Sheldon.: Additionally if Penny gained 30 lbs. do we really believe Leonard would still be crazy over her? But does anyone think Sheldon would treat her any differently? So yeah I'm a total Shenny-ite:icon_biggrin:

I'm glad they're giving Penny more depth, turning her into a real woman as really her character was unbelievable, a cartoon of a woman.

While Kaley is hot, she is big boned and her Thighs and Butt are not small by any means. I am thinking she could gain weight very easy and not show the first 20 pounds to badly. I don't want to confuse character's personality with the real actress, But I want to believe there is a lot of Penny in Kaley.

It did notice that they gave the "Shenny" shippers a lifebouy.

Ah, no they didnt.

Also..Ill post what I did on fanfourm.

---

I mean let's be real, they hired a couple of iCarly writers. haha. Seriously while i did love iCarly for a long time and loved it during there run on iCarly. Still them hiring a couple iCarly writers does say it all. jk, sort of.

I do think the writers believe they backed L/P into a corner and thats just stupid. Why some TPTB are scared to have a main couple together for the duration perplexes me.

I mean...dang. They are killing Penny and I don't like it. A lot of the past stuff i thought people were way too hard on Penny. Heck until these S6 spoilers i could find ways to excuse Penny's past behavior because it wasnt too far from what we knew her as.

But these spoilers make it like a completely different character. imo. I love Penny but dang they are killing her. They seriously want to make her an unlikeable character. and most show runners want there characters to be likeable.

I mean to almost break up with him twice and then decide to just have sex. Must be nice. lol. Also, the Text that Leonard sends Penny that she reads out loud. Seriously, after finding out what Penny was going to do. That is so sad and paints Penny in such a bad light.

I don't think they are killing Penny's character but we are beginning to see the real root of her problem. She's the queen of superficial. In a honest loving relationship, she's completely out of her depth. She keeps Leonard at arms length because she has control issues and has to maintain his adoration by controlling the relationship. She rejects declarations of love, preferring to believe they're not real because she doesn't have a clue what real is. 'I'm cute I get by' sums up how Penny lives her life and she has some growing pains ahead of her.

It's not that she's a 'man' in the relationship as some suggest, she's just superficial. It's all she knows and all she's ever relied on. She believes in it so strongly she's going to question her feelings for Leonard. The writers are depicting someone like her very accurately IMO. 

IMHO It isn't Penny's lack of love for Leonard that is the major Problem. It is Leonard's lack of a Pair of Balls when dealing with Penny. Leonard gives in to easy and tries to please women to much. Penny likes hunks who are bossy. Penny needs a take charge man and Leonard just does not measure up.

When Penny tells Leonard she Likes the more confident Leonard. (on their Movie night get together when Leonard Picks the Movie and makes her pay her own way.) Leonard folds in the hall way by their apts and tells her he will be any thing she wants. The last thing Penny wants is a Yes Man. Penny wants to be ruled or told what to do.

Very true about the L/P dynamic, Leonard yields always & Penny wants a strong man; which is why she has so much charisma with bossy Sheldon.: Additionally if Penny gained 30 lbs. do we really believe Leonard would still be crazy over her? But does anyone think Sheldon would treat her any differently? So yeah I'm a total Shenny-ite:icon_biggrin:

I'm glad they're giving Penny more depth, turning her into a real woman as really her character was unbelievable, a cartoon of a woman.

Yes, if Penny gained thirty pounds I think that Leonard would stick with her. Sheldon would not treat her much differently because he already finds her physically unappealing. That would be like saying how great a blind guy is because he never complaints about his girlfriend wearing weird color combinations.

As for giving Penny more depth, the more depth they give her the more superficial she appears. If being a "real" woman means that she is a drunken parasitic bimbo who appears to be with Leonard mainly because she was afraid that someone else might want him, then I would prefer the "cartoon of woman".

@Ely a big fan

I forgot that, you're right.

Sheldon is the kind of person who you think is hot until he opens his mouth, and then you think 'No way!' Who hasn't meet a woman/man like that!

I have to admit if my partner gained 30 lbs, I wouldn't find that hot either. Everyone is a bit superficial. Some more than others but measuring Leonard against Sheldon's freakish inability to be affected by any physical attraction is kind of unfair. Sheldon is very unreal.

I think you misunderstood what Eli said. He's not talking about Sheldon finding Steph hot, he's talking about Leonard. About Sheldon being unreal, there ARE real-life people who really don't care if their partner's turned into a beach ball. Not everyone's solely attracted to physical appearance. But I agree with you if you were confused as to why Sheldon was once again dragged into a Leonard/Penny situation. If you are going to drag another person to compare to Leonard, don't just add freaking Sheldon. Add the rest of the nerd vine for Pete's sake. If Penny were to gain 30 lbs, Howard would make perverted fat jokes, Raj would say things like "woman empowerment" and being proud of their weight "so shake those booties like my girl Beyoncé".

My post was unclear, sorry, the only part intended for Ely a big fan was:

"I forgot that, your right"

The rest of my post was aimed at annieogly. And her post about Sheldon being less concerned than Leonard about Penny gaining weight. I never thought for a second Sheldon found Dr Stephanie hot. :icon_lol: yes there are very open minded non-superficial people out there but Sheldon is a TV invention, a virginal repressed male who is unaware of female beauty or at least completely unable to respond to it, is more than an oddity. He's just Sheldon. No one else like him.

My post was unclear, sorry, the only part intended for Ely a big fan was:

"I forgot that, your right"

The rest of my post was aimed at annieogly. And her post about Sheldon being less concerned than Leonard about Penny gaining weight. I never thought for a second Sheldon found Dr Stephanie hot. :icon_lol: yes there are very open minded non-superficial people out there but Sheldon is a TV invention, a virginal repressed male who is unaware of female beauty or at least completely unable to respond to it, is more than an oddity. He's just Sheldon. No one else like him.

Thanks for clearing that. The part I underlined, so true. Now, I've reread what you said before on your comment that I quoted about Leonard being compared to Sheldon: I agree. Why would you compare someone with Sheldon who's basically incomparable?

Although, what do you mean by "No one else like him"? Do you mean: "No one else is like him"?

I disagree with your theory of Sheldon being unaware of female beauty, since he already mentioned how he thinks of his girlfriend as a vixen and a hotsy-totsy. By him being "unable to completely respond to it," that I think is close enough.

Chiming in on the Sheldon/Leonard/Penny/Amy discussion. I agree with Moonbase that Sheldon was completely unaware and unable to respond to female beauty until very recently. His progressive attachment to Amy is clearly changing that. Just as clearly, he has never ever considered Penny in that light, over 5 years of knowing her (when all the other guys were hitting on her).

I know that some people may find it odd that he finds himself attracted to Amy but never to Penny. That is exactly why he is Sheldon, and there is no one else like him. And that is why he's right for Amy and she's right for him. Whether anyone else sees it or not is irrelevant. :)

Chiming in on the Sheldon/Leonard/Penny/Amy discussion. I agree with Moonbase that Sheldon was completely unaware and unable to respond to female beauty until very recently. His progressive attachment to Amy is clearly changing that. Just as clearly, he has never ever considered Penny in that light, over 5 years of knowing her (when all the other guys were hitting on her).

I know that some people may find it odd that he finds himself attracted to Amy but never to Penny. That is exactly why he is Sheldon, and there is no one else like him. And that is why he's right for Amy and she's right for him. Whether anyone else sees it or not is irrelevant. :)

Yes, you put it better than I. Sheldon knows Penny is considered very attractive, he's even said so, but he's not motivated by her beauty in the slightest. It seems that beauty is not the ingredient Sheldon wants. Which makes him extremely unusual. He notices dandruff and hunched shoulders… I may get a absolute flaming for this, but I am wondering if they could get around his apparent asexuality, by making him a bit of a fetishist. *ducks* I don't mean it in a creepy, horrible way. I just mean that he has never experienced the right conditions to be interested in sex because he has irregular tastes.

Part of me is so conflicted as I adore Amy & like Sheldon she is utterly herself. Though the whole 'fitting in' thing she had going on in Season 5 kind of worries me. Sheldon really is a 13 yr old socially who's waking up to sexuality. You can repress it until your libido says 'it's time.' He's different & wonderful and I love his character for that. I confess to seeing him as a 'parfitt, gentle knight'

As for my affection for the Shenny it has nothing to do with Penny's looks, being the 'hot blonde' I just find that just so demeaning & the same goes for Shamy, Amy's very attractive. I like S/P for the attraction of opposites. Frankly with A/S it's a breath of fresh air to see Hollywood promote a romance that isn't based on vapid externals. So right on:icon_cheesygrin:

Yes, you put it better than I. Sheldon knows Penny is considered very attractive, he's even said so, but he's not motivated by her beauty in the slightest. It seems that beauty is not the ingredient Sheldon wants. Which makes him extremely unusual. He notices dandruff and hunched shoulders… I may get a absolute flaming for this, but I am wondering if they could get around his apparent asexuality, by making him a bit of a fetishist. *ducks* I don't mean it in a creepy, horrible way. I just mean that he has never experienced the right conditions to be interested in sex because he has irregular tastes.

That's an interesting idea indeed. :D Seriously, 'virtual particles morphing into Amy's dandruff' is just so Sheldon - it's just the kind of romantic fantasy that could possibly occur to Sheldon Cooper and no one else - quirky and science-oriented and weird and unfathomable to any other human being. I really feel there are some moments of genius in the way they write the Sheldon/Amy relationship.

Part of me is so conflicted as I adore Amy & like Sheldon she is utterly herself. Though the whole 'fitting in' thing she had going on in Season 5 kind of worries me. Sheldon really is a 13 yr old socially who's waking up to sexuality. You can repress it until your libido says 'it's time.' He's different & wonderful and I love his character for that. I confess to seeing him as a 'parfitt, gentle knight'

As for my affection for the Shenny it has nothing to do with Penny's looks, being the 'hot blonde' I just find that just so demeaning & the same goes for Shamy, Amy's very attractive. I like S/P for the attraction of opposites. Frankly with A/S it's a breath of fresh air to see Hollywood promote a romance that isn't based on vapid externals. So right on:icon_cheesygrin:

So that's where we differ. :) I don't quite believe in 'opposites attract'; or rather, I do, but I don't believe they last. I suppose it's possible, but in real life, the odds are poorer. S/A, on the other hand, I can see lasting because they're on the same intellectual and emotional level, in many ways. I'd give them better chances than L/P, to be honest.

It's another matter that we really haven't seen any 'attraction of opposites' in a romantic way at all, between Sheldon and Penny, over 5 years, and I don't think it's ever going to happen on the show. I've read some Shenny fan-fic myself (in my pre-Shamy days), and some of it is very well-written; I could enjoy seeing them get together there, because they were not Sheldon and Penny, but rather the fiction writer's imaginary extensions of those two characters, if you will. But not the real Sheldon and Penny on the show, no.

We now know who's playing Alex! :icon_mrgreen:

Breaking News! Well breaking as of Saturday!

I run the Margo Harshman fans facebook group on Facebook. Her mom is a member! She posted on it Saturday that she is guest starring in Big Bang Theory as Alex.

One of my favorite actresses of all time! She played Tawny in Evan Stevens on Disney way back when!

herewegoddd.jpg

ggft444554.jpg

Her last role was in the short lived series on NBC titled "Bent". She is a sweetheart. I have exchanged emails with the actress who plays her many times.

Fun fact, she dated her co star in Evan Stevens "Shia" for 6 months back in late 2000 to the middle of 2001. She is still really good friends with him. So she has that in common with Kaley. She dated a co-star and is still great friends with that co-star even after they broke up. Granted Margo and Shia were a lot younger than Johnny ad Kaley were when they dated.

Also, from the way Margo tweeted about it, it seems like a one episode role. Still now that i know this news, I want it to be a 15 episode arc. haha.

Yes, Tawny was Louis is best friend, girlfriend in one episode, then they got back together in the series finale and then they were together in the Even Stevens movie so they ended the series a couple.

Also, i have not talked to her in a while, I can ask her mom though. haha. I'm pretty positive it's a one episode role though.

Also, I just found out a few hours ago. I have been following her on twitter but she hardly tweets and doesnt have many followers so i must have missed that.

And Facebook i don't check much anymore. I should. haha. But her mom is always good with info so i can ask. Margo is pretty brilliant but i'm biased. haha. She can pull off many different looks so I know she will look the part. She won't be intimidated by any of the actors. She worked along side Shia for a long time. Even though that was before he was big time.

Ill check with her mother, cause she's hardly on twitter. She still has a public email address but i don't like and don't think i should give it out. If people want her public email bad enough they can find it. lol.

Anyway here is my group and the photos of Margo if you need to put a face on her.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/15339444655/photos/

Also she was in one episode in the final season of House.

And my babies! haha. Takes me back. Margo of course is in the chair. Obviously.

2495076892163639591n.jpg

A little more recent. A promo picture from "Bent"

42619032453750197607710.jpg

Around the same time period. Few months after.

39340030265994305071655.jpg

Last one ill post. Should give ya a reasonable idea of what to expect.

37392727568323664991597.jpg

Here's one if they go with the leonard type with glasses. haha. This is a long time ago though.

2495076817662931670n.jpg

I did notice that they gave the "Shenny" shippers a lifebouy.

Ah, no they didnt.

The fact that Sheldon noticed that Penny changed her shampoo will be seen as fact by Shenny fans that Sheldon really does love Penny, he just doesn't realise it. I can guarantee you that TUMBLR will be full of if within an hour of the episode going to air. I think the writers like to add little things like this every few episodes, similar to the "old married couple" quote, I think it's fun, but personally I ship Sheldon with science.

Also..Ill post what I did on fanfourm.

---

I mean let's be real, they hired a couple of iCarly writers. haha. Seriously while i did love iCarly for a long time and loved it during there run on iCarly. Still them hiring a couple iCarly writers does say it all. jk, sort of.

I don't think David Saltzberg does much on set anymore sadly, and I think this proves it, no new entry for nearly a year

http://thebigblogtheory.wordpress.com/

I'm going to the 6.3 taping tomorrow. I'll make sure to come back with all the info so I can talk to you all about it! I'm ready to see what happens after last week, when Penny was gonna break things off with Leonard. They'll probably ignore it, like they always do, then bring it up later.

I'm going to the 6.3 taping tomorrow. I'll make sure to come back with all the info so I can talk to you all about it! I'm ready to see what happens after last week, when Penny was gonna break things off with Leonard. They'll probably ignore it, like they always do, then bring it up later.

I'm so excited!! Thank you so much for keeping up in the loop! smiley-bounce012.gif

I'm so excited!! Thank you so much for keeping up in the loop! smiley-bounce012.gif

No problem. It wouldn't be half of what it is if I didn't have you all to chat with!

Slicknickshady - thanks for the info about Alex!

Kyzzx - have fun, and do come back with all the details. :)

Convict13 - I'm guessing that Mayim probably has more to do as a science advisor, now, than Saltzberg. There are more neurobiology references than physics references. Those squishy yucky things. :icon_confused:

Pretty much where the general direction was/is going now anyway - so not really anything ground-breakingly new.

I guess the producers feel it is time for the nerds to grow up and become just like everyone else, and for the show to become like every other show out there.

They "shall boldly go where everyone else has already gone before !"

Predictable and formula to a "T".

Yawwwnnnnn.

NEXT !

Perfectly stated! "Friends", we have arrived.

Soooooooo, I was sitting in line by myself for hours before someone told me the line was in another place. Wtf, I go every week. I don't necessarily think that's fair, but whatever...

So now instead of being number 5 or 10 like normal, it looks like I'm number 29 for standby. Let's hope 29 people don't show up. :/

Soooooooo, I was sitting in line by myself for hours before someone told me the line was in another place. Wtf, I go every week. I don't necessarily think that's fair, but whatever...

So now instead of being number 5 or 10 like normal, it looks like I'm number 29 for standby. Let's hope 29 people don't show up. :/

Dang. You know that used to happen to me all the time in college? I'd show up for class and apparently everyone knew it was moved somewhere else but me? lol That sucks though, I hope you still get in.

Pretty much where the general direction was/is going now anyway - so not really anything ground-breakingly new.

I guess the producers feel it is time for the nerds to grow up and become just like everyone else, and for the show to become like every other show out there.

They "shall boldly go where everyone else has already gone before !"

Predictable and formula to a "T".

Yawwwnnnnn.

NEXT !

Perfectly stated! "Friends", we have arrived.

I'm a little puzzled by the claim of "Friends" similarity. Not being a fan of "Friends" the only thing I found in research about the show and the few times I saw it, is a great deal of personal drama with comedy mixed in. The longest I remember TBBT going for a heartfelt dramatic moment is Howard's "I'm a changed man" speech at Bernette's door. And that ended with a huge laugh from Penny's comment.

Are the shows that thematically similar? Do they execute their comedy in the same way?