Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you guys are the L/P experts. Sorry if my opinion doesn't seem in jive with what's with L/P so far. Hey, what do I know? I have Shamy in my head 24/7. It's not like I cared about L/P so erase, erase. My opinion is invalid.

No problem. After all, you are our "go to" expert on all things Shamy. :icon_wink:

Honestly i found myself rather disappointing after waiting anxiously for the taping report. I was seriously hoping for a nice, actual christmas special for a change... I mean it was the first christmas all the couples have been togetherand it would have been nice to seem them each interact in their own special way about it.

I thought for sure due to Leonards painful childhood that he would want an actual christmas spent with the woman he loves and I'm sure she would have been happy to provide it. ( look at what she did for his "surprise" birthday party). I feel like that had a lot they could do with an episode like this but just kind of brushed everything under the rug.

I know we've seen a lot of L/P this season and thats likely why they have gotten little to no interaction in the last 3 episodes but it still would be nice to see whats going on with them. Sure it "seems" they are okay in this episode but they only have what like 3 lines of dialogue??? IDK just seemed like a rushed and not thought out episode IMO

Even H/B could have had a funny story arc being jewish/catholic on christmas lol who knows what could have happened.

Thanks for the report, Kyzzx. Although there do seem to be a few character-defining moments (mostly with Raj and Amy), I have to agree that this episode seems weak at best. (Hopefully it'll come across better on the screen than it looks on paper. Talented actors can sometimes salvage weak material, as someone else said, so perhaps they can do so here.) It's a shame that it's also their Christmas episode, but in all fairness, they can't *all* be winners, no matter how much we want them to be. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

It's kind of a loose theory, but with Alex now crushing over Leonard and Raj crushing a little bit over Amy, maybe Penny will go junior rodeo on Alex and Sheldon would go bat-crap crazy over Raj, it might bring Alex and Raj together.

Okay, enough of crazy thoughts. I hope those lurkers would skip over this.

It's kind of a loose theory, but with Alex now crushing over Leonard and Raj crushing a little bit over Amy, maybe Penny will go junior rodeo on Alex and Sheldon would go bat-crap crazy over Raj, it might bring Alex and Raj together.

Okay, enough of crazy thoughts. I hope those lurkers would skip over this.

I think it would be nice if Amy tried to help Raj get Alex for girlfriend. It would make sense. That way she never has to worry about Alex trying to come on to Sheldon and she can help her best friend by having Alex get over her crush on Leonard. Likewise, she would be helping out Raj find someone. I can see this as helping Sheldon awaken to more feelings about how he feels about Amy, though. I could see his learning about Raj's crush on Amy as a catalyst to help Sheldon realize his feelings are more than "for her mind" only for her. Could lead to some interesting interactions between he and Raj and he and Amy. ;)

Edited by stardustmelody

Thanks for the report, Kyzzx. I didn't think it was THAT bad. I LOLed a few times reading it. I am sad that there's nothing remotely Christmas-like in it besides the title. Remove the Santa references, take away the high expectations based on previous episodes and perhaps people wouldn't be so disappointed.

I do think that they've gone too long without acknowledging what's supposed to be a momentous occasion: Penny's ILY.

Regarding Raj's newly found crush on Amy, I am guessing it will never be brought up again. It served its purpose in this episode (bonding between Raj and Amy and bolstering her self esteem). One more thing: For me, Amy's comment about taking someone home was a throwaway joke, just like Sheldon's "gotta cut her loose".

I think it would be nice if Amy tried to help Raj get Alex for girlfriend. It would make sense. That way she never has to worry about Alex trying to come on to Sheldon and she can help her best friend by having Alex get over her crush on Leonard. Likewise, she would be helping out Raj find someone. I can see this as helping Sheldon awaken to more feelings about how he feels about Amy, though. I could see his learning about Raj's crush on Amy as a catalyst to help Sheldon realize his feelings are more than "for her mind" only for her. Could lead to some interesting interactions between he and Raj and he and Amy. ;)

I don't know, jealous!Sheldon has been done twice before, do we really need to see that again to see some sort of movement on his part? What would be different this time that jealousy would make him think of more than her mind as opposed to all the other times?

But I do like your idea of Raj and Amy budding up so he can ge Alex :) that would be sweet.

Anyway, I still wonder what next week's episode is going to be about if it's still in December....

Well I actually think that her interaction with Raj showed exactly the opposite of your "opinion". When Raj wanted her, she rejected him, just like she rejected Zack, Stuart, and Leonard (at least in her mind) that cements that she wants Sheldon, not "jump the first guy who gives her notice" (and that's not an "opinion" it's a fact from many episodes) despite what many Amy naysayers keep saying, she's not desperate for sex, she just wants to feel good about herself and have her boyfriend show he's attracted to her.

Having Amy jumping any other guy, so far is just wishful thinking for some.

Or it is wishful thinking on the Shamy front? Zack and Leonard were never in the least bit interested in Amy. Not in any way, shape or form. Stuart? Really, neurotic Stuart? Now there is a real catch for someone! Amy may be weird but she is also very intelligent. She has never been in an opportunity where a normal guy has shown romantic interest in her. Therefore, you can't say she has rejected guys in the past. As for desperate? I submit that no normal girl shows her boyfriend her "special area" when all he would see are a ton of band aids. She wants Sheldon so bad that she didn't even realize how the band aids would change the reaction she was looking for. But then I'm not looking from a Shamy perspective, so what do I know? It appears that the Shamy lovers have one belief in their characters and the Lenny lovers have their belief and there is no way one can change the others view of their favorite couple! That's just my opinion. :)

Edited by SodidIwin?

I don't know, jealous!Sheldon has been done twice before, do we really need to see that again to see some sort of movement on his part? What would be different this time that jealousy would make him think of more than her mind as opposed to all the other times?

I agree that it has been done before. I honestly can see them having Amy help Raj get over his selective mutism and help him win Alex (and he help her with fashion) more than a jealous Sheldon story. However, I do have to believe that if Sheldon learned Raj had a crush on his girlfriend he would have some sort of reaction. I got to thinking that it could lead to a conversation that reveals that Sheldon has seen Amy naked and that could lead to all kinds of interesting reaction from his friends. It also might get Sheldon to realizing that his eidetic memory will start to bring some of those images of her naked form forward in his mind and let him realize that he isn't so immune to his baser urges afterall. :icon_lol:

Or it is wishful thinking on the Shamy front? Zack and Leonard were never in the least bit interested in Amy. Not in any way, shape or form. Stuart? Really, neurotic Stuart? Now there is a real catch for someone! Amy may be weird but she is also very intelligent. She has never been in an opportunity where a normal guy has shown romantic interest in her. Therefore, you can't say she has rejected guys in the past. As for desperate? I submit that no normal girl shows her boyfriend her "special area" when all he would see are a ton of band aids. She wants Sheldon so bad that she didn't even realize how the band aids would change the reaction she was looking for. But then I'm not looking from a Shamy perspective, so what do I know? It appears that the Shamy lovers have one belief in their characters and the Lenny lovers have their belief and there is no way one can change the others view of their favorite couple! That's just my opinion. :)

Good Lord! Are you related to Disgusted? Such a pot stirrer. You should end all your posts with :fi_lone_ranger:

:icon_lol:

For what is worth, I do think Amy could have jumped on Stuart at the very least if that's all she wanted. He was very willing and, if she's really as desperate as people seem to think, then she would have taken him regardless of his lack of emotional stability or money. Sadly, it happens all the time in real life when people are desperately lonely or horny.

I actually don't think the ban-aid stuff was there because she was hoping for a little bit of backseat action. When I first read the report I actually thought it had more to do with her doing something new that's girly and that all other girls do and wanting to show it off to her boyfriend, in the way one would show off a tattoo or something. It's just that Amy being Amy she has no filter and doesn't understand what's appropriate and what isn't, and Sheldon being Sheldon just doesn't see things that way (yet). Hence the scene being funny. I have never seen any indication in the show that she is trying to push him towards sex, or even hinting. In the FGD she is simply milking what he's offering, she's not forcing him to do anything.

Also, I find the double standards a bit annoying. When a guy wants sex from a girl, she should be flattered and it's fun that "he has the hots for her", when a girl wants sex from a guy, she's desperate. Why? It's her boyfriend, she's not running after every moving object... Now, Howard back in the hey-day was desperate.

Hopefully this is the speckerman of the season and the rest will be awesome.

Well it looks like The Speckerman Recurrence is disliked by many

But I felt the exact opposite way...

I thought it had "one of the most important scenes/the most important scene" you can ever get in Big Bang Theory as it was essentially made to prove that nerds are cool

The moment/scene is when Jimmy tells that back in school Leonard was the was the loser and he was the winner but now Leonard is the winner and he is the loser..which proved that

THE GEEK WON

To me this is the essence of Big Bang Theory -- The Geeks getting recognized not Lenny/Shamy

Yeah they ended with the scene where both L/S were running away...but it felt plausible..... and they atleast stood up to him

And we also got Sheldon admitting his love for Leonard(platonically ofcourse :p)..because previously we mostly had Sheldon dismissing Leonard

The girls part was also amusing and felt plausible as Penny(like Jimmy) did not even know back then that she was actually bullying the girl

I thoroughly enjoyed that episode and felt that it was one of the best installments of Big Bang Theory

I am curious to know what did you guys think about that episode??? (I know this isn't the appropriate thread, but I did'nt know where else to post this :p and this thread gets the most traffic :p)

Having Amy jumping any other guy, so far is just wishful thinking for some.

Frankly the only person I could see Amy "jumping" other than Sheldon is Penny

And clearly Amy thought Leonard had fallen in love with her in TPGE... So I don't know why she should feel insecure that Raj does not like her(as she thought Leonard could never get her motor running :p).

She clearly should not assume that every man is going to be attracted to her.... :icon_question: :icon_question:

Edited by vasu

I actually don't think the ban-aid stuff was there because she was hoping for a little bit of backseat action. When I first read the report I actually thought it had more to do with her doing something new that's girly and that all other girls do and wanting to show it off to her boyfriend, in the way one would show off a tattoo or something. It's just that Amy being Amy she has no filter and doesn't understand what's appropriate and what isn't, and Sheldon being Sheldon just doesn't see things that way (yet). Hence the scene being funny. I have never seen any indication in the show that she is trying to push him towards sex, or even hinting. In the FGD she is simply milking what he's offering, she's not forcing him to do anything.

Also, I find the double standards a bit annoying. When a guy wants sex from a girl, she should be flattered and it's fun that "he has the hots for her", when a girl wants sex from a guy, she's desperate. Why? It's her boyfriend, she's not running after every moving object... Now, Howard back in the hey-day was desperate.

Spook I liked your explanation regarding Amy and the backseat scene. As for the desperate comment. I would agree with you that it would be a double standard in that context. However, I guess my use of desperate was missed used for what I was trying to imply. It has been my impression that this season, although she says she has 4 more years on her plan to catch Sheldon, she is getting impatient and wants to speed the process up. Perhaps my use of the word desperate was a little to harsh to convey my perception of Amy's affection for Sheldon.

Me either. If they were trying to indicate that Leonard, post-ILY, now thinks nerd games with the guys is more perferable than sex with his beautiful girlfriend, he has retrogressed in his development. Their relationship has always been "Penny-centric", maybe too much so in the past but it's hard to believe Leonard would treat sex with Penny as old hat this quickly.

Thanks, first, to Kyzzx for the taping report. As for Leonard turning down sex to play D&D, I think there's one thing you're forgetting: what he told her. He felt like he "owed" it to the guys to play. There's two ways this can be interpreted. 1) Exactly as is, that he's been with Penny as much as he has (we don't know what goes on between episodes) and he wanted to reunite the guys that they might need a day like this. 2) It's the writers throwing a bone to the fans who think the relationships are ruining the show. (You wouldn't believe how many there are on the IMDb board that think that way.) While there have been a ton of geek/nerd references this year (Howard in space, Sheldon's 43 mystery, going back through Sheldon's journals, etc.), I think this one is sort of a nod to those who want to see the guys do more of the things they did in the past.

But that's just me.

Spook I liked your explanation regarding Amy and the backseat scene. As for the desperate comment. I would agree with you that it would be a double standard in that context. However, I guess my use of desperate was missed used for what I was trying to imply. It has been my impression that this season, although she says she has 4 more years on her plan to catch Sheldon, she is getting impatient and wants to speed the process up. Perhaps my use of the word desperate was a little to harsh to convey my perception of Amy's affection for Sheldon.

I think Amy is looking for reinforcement from Sheldon that he does see her as a "sexual" being. I don't think it is that she is even in that huge of a hurry to have them have coitus, as much as she is looking for some sort of indication from him that he can love her physically. Right now she knows he loves her mind. He has been very clear that he cares about her and appreciates her mind. But she has not really had much physical affection shown her. At this point in time, she is not even sure he ever finds anything arousing. I think she is trying to test the waters with him. Unfortunately some may interpret that as desperate, when in fact I think she just needs to feel appreciated and loved.

One thing that this episode that was taped last night (6.11) shows us is that she is very insecure about her ability to sexually attract someone (and I think she had Sheldon in mind here, to be honest). When she found out that Raj had never had any attraction toward her, but he had toward Bernie and Penny, it was quite deflating and made her feel it was because of her and that her likelihood of Sheldon having attraction for her was diminished in her mind. At least she left the bar feeling a bit more confident, but I think her confidence level is low when it comes to Sheldon's sexual attraction toward her. She needs some encouragement from him and has not been getting any.

So when people think she is desperate, it is far from the truth. She isn't out to "jump anyone", but she just wants her man to love her completely (and that means have a sexual attraction toward her). I do hope they start to show Sheldon does think of her as a sexual being at some point, otherwise this could be painful.

I guess we won't know for a while, but I am hoping that 6.12 will be better written and more entertaining. Also, do you think there is any chance 6.12 could be a NYE episode, or do you think they will have already delved into 2013 and not go there?

Edited by stardustmelody

You always say exactly what I'm feeling.

Monique

Good Lord! Are you related to Disgusted? Such a pot stirrer. You should end all your posts with :fi_lone_ranger:

:icon_lol:

For what is worth, I do think Amy could have jumped on Stuart at the very least if that's all she wanted. He was very willing and, if she's really as desperate as people seem to think, then she would have taken him regardless of his lack of emotional stability or money. Sadly, it happens all the time in real life when people are desperately lonely or horny.

There is nothing wrong with stirring the pot every once in awhile. Keeps the final dish perfect! :)

I think Amy is looking for reinforcement from Sheldon that he does see her as a "sexual" being. I don't think it is that she is even in that huge of a hurry to have them have coitus, as much as she is looking for some sort of indication from him that he can love her physically. Right now she knows he loves her mind. He has been very clear that he cares about her and appreciates her mind. But she has not really had much physical affection shown her. At this point in time, she is not even sure he ever finds anything arousing. I think she is trying to test the waters with him. Unfortunately some may interpret that as desperate, when in fact I think she just needs to feel appreciated and loved.

One thing that this episode that was taped last night (6.11) shows us is that she is very insecure about her ability to sexually attract someone (and I think she had Sheldon in mind here, to be honest). When she found out that Raj had never had any attraction toward her, but he had toward Bernie and Penny, it was quite deflating and made her feel it was because of her and that her likelihood of Sheldon having attraction for her was diminished in her mind. At least she left the bar feeling a bit more confident, but I think her confidence level is low when it comes to Sheldon's sexual attraction toward her. She needs some encouragement from him and has not been getting any.

So when people think she is desperate, it is far from the truth. She isn't out to "jump anyone", but she just wants her man to love her completely (and that means have a sexual attraction toward her). I do hope they start to show Sheldon does think of her as a sexual being at some point, otherwise this could be painful.

I guess we won't know for a while, but I am hoping that 6.12 will be better written and more entertaining. Also, do you think there is any chance 6.12 could be a NYE episode, or do you think they will have already delved into 2013 and not go there?

See, I'm not even sure I agree with the assertion that she is trying to get some sign from Sheldon that he finds her attractive. I do not see that anywhere. I see that she would like to be more physically affectionate with him (and that's why she milks it every chance she gets), but in every scene so far she's been completely smitten and happy about her relationship with him. She thinks EVERYONE ELSE is weird but the two of them. I honestly don't think there's been any sign that she is insecure or unhappy or would like to speed things along except for the very first episode. It was last year that she tried the acceleration experiment. And it worked. That's why she's so confident she's going to marry him in 4 years.

I honestly think both sex-crazed Amy and insecure-about-Sheldon-Amy are not canon but are just a product of unconscious reinforcement due to the fact that everyone keeps talking about it and so it just became accepted as truth.

eta: The bit in bold: That's exactly why I am 99.9% sure that, eventually, they will have sex. Because this is a sitcom. There's no way they can continue forever with Amy being interested in sex and Sheldon being asexual. I think it's pretty safe to say that the Shamy are endgame for the writers, the same way Lenny are and H/B are. Anything can happen in between now and the end of the show, but, in the end, they will be together. And the idea of having Amy eternally navigating a relationship with someone who will never have any sort of physical attraction towards her is just way too heavy, angsty and dramatic for a sitcom like this. And on top of that there's tons of comedy value in Sheldon "getting a testosterone level" whereas we're going to run out of comedy value for asexual Sheldon some time soon.

Edited by spook

There is nothing wrong with stirring the pot every once in awhile. Keeps the final dish perfect! :)

Well, some dishes go bad if you stir them too much. But in this forum's context, it is ok as long as you don't mind when the stirring goes in the opposite direction. :p