Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

They've done it before where they film and the next week it airs but I doubt that will happen this year. IF they do it will have to film on the Dec 4th since the one airing on Dec 6th is 6.10 and I imagine unless they switch the order 6.11 will air Dec 13th. I doubt they'd air one Dec 20th, too close to Christmas but we'll see.

I think they won't be having one... Since they came back on air by mid-January. They ended last year with the Speckerman episode, right? The 11th one too?

Honestly, I found the 5x11 Speckerman episode not very interesting, even a little bit sad (Being bullied, arg! :icon_evil:). The 6x11 ep is not the best too.

And 5x12 was a tiara-episode! Maybe the ep 6x12 will be super-hilarious-romanic too??? :D

I doubt this make sense, but I just wanted to point it out. ^_^

• Like 1

Honestly, I found the 5x11 Speckerman episode not very interesting, even a little bit sad (Being bullied, arg! :icon_evil:). The 6x11 ep is not the best too.

And 5x12 was a tiara-episode! Maybe the ep 6x12 will be super-hilarious-romanic too??? :D

I doubt this make sense, but I just wanted to point it out. ^_^

Makes perfect sense to me. I too hope that 6.12 will end up being hilarious and romantic. I agree that 6.11 has a bit of a somber tone, even with some funny parts, but it is definitely a different ilk than the rest of what they have written this season. So I predict it will be a bit more like Speckerman episode and not as well received. I can't wait for the cover so we can see who is involved in writing 6.12. Hoping Tara is one of the writers! ;)

• Like 1

Amy is open sexually but she's not sexy!!! I find the idea of Sheldon having sex with her a bit gross. She's kind of horrible. The old cardigans and the bad attitude. Her friendship with Penny is based on beauty and popularity only, it's so shallow. I wouldn't be friends with someone like her. Even at school, as a nerd, I was never like that.

Hey, it's Sheldon, not any of us, about whom the question of having sex with Amy is being discussed. ;) All that matters is whether HE finds her gross and horrible and repulsive.. and he very, very clearly doesn't. Amy is the closest that Sheldon has humanly reached towards attraction, in his life so far.

• Like 1

Hey, it's Sheldon, not any of us, about whom the question of having sex with Amy is being discussed. ;) All that matters is whether HE finds her gross and horrible and repulsive.. and he very, very clearly doesn't. Amy is the closest that Sheldon has humanly reached towards attraction, in his life so far.

Exactly! The fact that Amy is not what modern-day society considers 'attractive' (though Mayim herself is very pretty) makes this relationship as special as it is. Sheldon has plenty of what many may call negative aspects to his personality but one of the things I admire him for is the fact that outside appearances are the last thing on his mind when he meets a person. I don't think the idea of them having sex is gross at all (though probably not appropriate at this stage) but in fact, a perfect representation of what love really is supposed to be.

• Like 4

Well Doug made the observation quite a while ago that Leonard/Penny and Sheldon/Amy's stories seem to be developing in tandem ( at that time with both Penny and Sheldon trying to be the good girlfriend/boyfriend). And it is the case.

So now we have both Leonard and Amy wjho feel underappreciated by their partners and we now have Alex and Raj who are set up now as admirers or potential admirers; so I see the spring as Leonard and Amy feeling appreciated by someone other than their official boy/girlfriend.

Exactly! The fact that Amy is not what modern-day society considers 'attractive' (though Mayim herself is very pretty) makes this relationship as special as it is. Sheldon has plenty of what many may call negative aspects to his personality but one of the things I admire him for is the fact that outside appearances are the last thing on his mind when he meets a person. I don't think the idea of them having sex is gross at all (though probably not appropriate at this stage) but in fact, a perfect representation of what love really is supposed to be.

Absolutely.

Not to mention that implying only picture-perfect people with model bodies are 'allowed' to have sex, else it's gross, is pretty offensive.

• Like 1

It's not her looks, its her personality. :icon_mad: She has no positive qualities, all her motivations are driven by selfishness. Can anyone name a single nice quality she has? because I can't. I liked her when she first joined the show but they have ruined her. They just want to make her as repulsive as they can get away with for a laugh. I think it's such a shame.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

It's not her looks, its her personality. :icon_mad: She has no positive qualities, all her motivations are driven by selfishness. Can anyone name a single nice quality she has? because I can't. I liked her when she first joined the show but they have ruined her. They just want to make her as repulsive as they can get away with for a laugh. I think it's such a shame.

that is YOUR opinion. I quite like her a lot, and so do a lot of other people. And yeah, I could name dozens of good qualities I see in her but it's pointless, because if you hate her so much, you're not gonna see it, so it's pointless to argue

And anyhow, Sheldon likes her, so as he said himself regarding Amy "whether you see it or not is irrelevant".

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 2

that is YOUR opinion. I quite like her a lot, and so do a lot of other people. And yeah, I could name dozens of good qualities I see in her but it's pointless, because if you hate her so much, you're not gonna see it, so it's pointless to argue

And anyhow, Sheldon likes her, so as he said himself regarding Amy "whether you see it or not is irrelevant".

Word! Many, many people like SHAMY and Amy in general.

Amy is hilarious and she's quite possibly the only girl who would put up with Sheldon as a boyfriend, still sticking it out even though he's always manipulating their relationship agreement in his favor. Her sexual fustration is perfectly understandable since she's been with a man for more than two years who's still reluctant to even hold her hand. If that's not determination then I don't know what is! If she were truly selfish then it's likely she would have cheated on him by now, or altogether ditched him.

Those are just some of the reasons why I personally like her as a character, but everyone is entitled to their opinion :).

Edited by Razberrypie

Amy is hilarious and she's quite possibly the only girl who would put up with Sheldon as a boyfriend, still sticking it out even though he's always manipulating their relationship agreement in his favor. Her sexual fustration is perfectly understandable since she's been with a man for more than two years who's still reluctant to even hold her hand. If that's not determination then I don't know what is! If she were truly selfish then it's likely she would have cheated on him by now, or altogether ditched him.

Those are just some of the reasons why I personally like her as a character, but everyone is entitled to their opinion :).

Thank you for your honest reply. She has patience so that is a good quality. I'm aware that plenty of people love Amy and I don't have a problem with different opinions either. There are also loads of people who find she is taken too far. Some of it is verging on tasteless. Amy is a good character and I never said I hated her!!! Sheldon is also selfish but they have given him a sweet side. they have not offered Amy the same courtesy. Surely any fan would expect more from the writers than cheapening her the way they sometimes do!!

Thank you for your honest reply. She has patience so that is a good quality. I'm aware that plenty of people love Amy and I don't have a problem with different opinions either. There are also loads of people who find she is taken too far. Some of it is verging on tasteless. Amy is a good character and I never said I hated her!!! Sheldon is also selfish but they have given him a sweet side. they have not offered Amy the same courtesy. Surely any fan would expect more from the writers than cheapening her the way they sometimes do!!

it's true that I didn't like what they've done with Amy this season; she's demanding or angry/frustrated but I think they are going to fix that with the spring. People don't want to discuss it the Shamy fans are turning rather Shenny-type-ship obsessive. But I'd like to see her character happier, interact with others on the show.

it's true that I didn't like what they've done with Amy this season; she's demanding or angry/frustrated but I think they are going to fix that with the spring. People don't want to discuss it the Shamy fans are turning rather Shenny-type-ship obsessive. But I'd like to see her character happier, interact with others on the show.

How is she angry and demanding? I don't see it. If ever Amy has gotten angry is because she NEEDED to be. Let's not forget that SHELDON ASKED HER OUT, not the other way around. She has every right to put him in his place when she needs to. As previously mentioned, she actually kicks ass for being so patient with him. I really like that.

Monique

Frankly I don't see much difference the way the writers have written L\P and S\A as couples... When we see these two relationships in a broad view most of the ideas are quite similar which have been tweaked in-order to suite their established personalities

- Apparently jealousy and alcohol are their go things when it comes to moving the relationships forward

- First kiss for both the couples were alcohol induced ones.

- Both Sheldon and Leonard were immediately attracted to Amy and Penny when they first met them

- Both Sheldon and Leonard wanted to have babies with Amy(4.1) and Penny

- Jealousy was what prompted both Leonard and Sheldon to make some courageous decisions.. when it comes to P\A

- Both Leonard and Sheldon got upset because they thought of Penny and Amy had coitus(lol) with Raj (2.4) and Leonard (5.3)

- P\L and S\A got closer to each other due to childhood issues ---- Leonard( Beverly's first visit ) and Amy(clothes shopping episode)

- Stuart was used as a foil to make progress in their relationships

- Sheldon visiting Amy's lab and Penny visiting Leonard's lab , both kind of had a similar purpose (appreciate their partners more)

- It always been the case of Leonard and Amy pushing Penny and Sheldon forward even thought when it was Penny and Sheldon who actually initiated their respective relationships...(Penny jumping Leonard when he comes back from northpole, Sheldon was the one to ask Amy to be his girlfriend).....(this fact constantly amuses me :p)

- Amy thought Leonard was attracted to her , Sheldon thought Penny was attracted to him

- They are slowly working toward both Penny and Sheldon actually showing their feelings towards their respective partners because till now Penny is commitment phobic and Sheldon is well..touch phobic :p

- Now as annielogy mentioned we have Alex and Raj admiring Leonard and Amy ( though I'm not sure as Raj/Amy might be a one time thing)

So now as we got Penny saying ILY to Leonard next logical step seems to be Sheldon getting more and more physically close to Amy

I posted this few days back in one of the episode threads..thought I should post it here also

Edited by vasu
  • Like 4