The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pomita

Season 6 spoilers

I am guessing coitus will be at least season 8 if they really do get renewed and are going for 10 seasons. I think the most we will get for Season 7 is that they are showing more affection toward each other and possibly a platonic night or two in bed. But I don't think they would have them share coitus that quickly, unless they want to stretch their story well beyond (such as a marriage down the road, etc.)

However, for season 7, we might get an ILY if we don't this season. :)

Oh the show will be renewed for at least one more season (past 7) I have no doubt in my mind. As far as coitus it will probably happen in s8, passionate kiss s6 and ILY s7.

Edited by Shel_Ra_Ho_Le
  • Like 4

I would think Shamy sex if it happens is going to be of those final season things.

So, I'm glad there's not a taping tomorrow because I probably wouldn't make it as I feel awful (physically). Ha.

I think we'll get something big this season with Shamy, unless they start to focus on Raj and wait until season 7 to really kick Shamy into high gear. They could probably toggle both, but who knows.

So, I'm glad there's not a taping tomorrow because I probably wouldn't make it as I feel awful (physically). Ha.

I think we'll get something big this season with Shamy, unless they start to focus on Raj and wait until season 7 to really kick Shamy into high gear. They could probably toggle both, but who knows.

I think they see the popularity of Shamy and will continue to stay on track and I agree they are probably going to deliver something big with them.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. And yes, it is a good thing they are not taping tomorrow since you would not be able to make it. The withdrawals of knowing what is ahead have been tough, though. :icon_lol: I am glad we at least should be seeing a script cover this week. Hopefully we can maybe get a hint picture from Tara as well. ;)

LOL How did we get from ILY to predicting coitus already???

My prediction regarding the deed is, as I said in the other thread, some time between the end of the penultimate and mid-way through the final season, whenever that will be. They won't do it any sooner because that's not what this couple is about but I doubt they will leave it for the very last episode because there are too many storylines to tell and too much comedy potential when they finally do it.

Re: this year. I think something WILL happen, every year there's some sort of major progress with these two (S3 they met, S4 they kissed, S5 they became official and we had the first Sheldon-initiated contact), I'd be surprised if they put them on the backburner waiting for next year.

eta: I wonder whether it might be worth opening a Shamy thread, kind of feel like we're monopolizing the spoiler thread...

Edited by spook
  • Like 2

I think they see the popularity of Shamy and will continue to stay on track and I agree they are probably going to deliver something big with them.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. And yes, it is a good thing they are not taping tomorrow since you would not be able to make it. The withdrawals of knowing what is ahead have been tough, though. :icon_lol: I am glad we at least should be seeing a script cover this week. Hopefully we can maybe get a hint picture from Tara as well. ;)

Thanks! I'm sure it's just because I've been working too much and haven't kept up with eating or sleeping. That sounds dumb in writing... haha.

I agree. I have a feeling they aren't going to focus on L/P for the rest of the season. Shamy is way too popular.

I think we're also getting into a time where no one minds the girls any more. In fact, a lot of people love them. There will still be haters but the displeasure with the female characters has GREATLY dissolved over the summer and into this season. I remember people hated Amy and Bernadette right away and now people are loving it, so I'm pretty sure L/P is just gonna be put on the backburner.

• Like 3

Thanks! I'm sure it's just because I've been working too much and haven't kept up with eating or sleeping. That sounds dumb in writing... haha.

I agree. I have a feeling they aren't going to focus on L/P for the rest of the season. Shamy is way too popular.

I think we're also getting into a time where no one minds the girls any more. In fact, a lot of people love them. There will still be haters but the displeasure with the female characters has GREATLY dissolved over the summer and into this season. I remember people hated Amy and Bernadette right away and now people are loving it, so I'm pretty sure L/P is just gonna be put on the backburner.

Really? You think they'll just put L/P on the backburner?? I think that would piss quite a few people off, I don't know that they'll go down that route. You risk turning this into a couples war if you focus too much on one rather than the other, I think there's enough room to have both. And so much you can do with the Penny-evolution this year.

Really? You think they'll just put L/P on the backburner?? I think that would piss quite a few people off, I don't know that they'll go down that route. You risk turning this into a couples war if you focus too much on one rather than the other, I think there's enough room to have both. And so much you can do with the Penny-evolution this year.

In my opinion (and that's all it is), they already sort of are.

I wasn't really sure until the last episode when I kind of realized it. After the "I love you" from Penny in 6.8, the two have hardly even talked to each other and we're in 6.11.

I personally would like to see more good interaction between the two. I don't want this to seem like I'm indifferent about them or anything... since I've been rooting for L/P since the beginning. They are end game, and I want them to be, but they've just opened a bunch of doors with Shamy and now they're starting to address Raj being alone. Let's just hope they can juggle it without skewing it highly one way or the other.

Edited by Kyzzx
  • Like 2

I wasn't really sure until the last episode when I kind of realized it. After the "I love you" from Penny in 6.8, the two have hardly even talked to each other and we're in 6.11.

But isn't that sort of what they do all the time with couples when something major happens? They kind of ignore it for the next couple of episodes? Maybe they're building up to something...

eta: Going back to the actual topic of spoilers... I think in the storm that has been caused by the more physical scenes in 6.10, we forgot to address something that is kind of interesting to me. Sheldon was in a suit, ready to go to a funeral with Amy? I don't think anyone particularly important died or they wouldn't have let it slipped so casually: maybe a colleague? But that makes it even more interesting to me, that he's accompanying her to something like this. More subtle Sheldon-progress that's getting drowned out by the noise of slaps on the butt.

Edited by spook

I personally would like to see more good interaction between the two. I don't want this to seem like I'm indifferent about them or anything... since I've been rooting for L/P since the beginning. They are end game, and I want them to be, but they've just opened a bunch of doors with Shamy and now they're starting to address Raj being alone. Let's just hope they can juggle it without skewing it highly one way or the other.

I respect your opinion, but not having one or two L/P storylines for the rest the season would be one of the stupidest things they could do for this show. A lot of the fan base follow these characters and I am sorry but Jim cannot carry this show by himself. His character gets on everyone's nerves after a while and the other characters are NEEDED to balance the show. If this becomes the Jim Parson's show it will over in a season.

Actually, a Shamy thread is a good ide since we're all obsessed. LOL. There's a Leonard & Penny thread so why not?

Feel better, Kyzzx.

Monique

• Like 1

I totally think he'll be the one to say it first. For as much as Amy is all upfront and unfiltered on the surface, I think deep down she is actually scared of freaking him out and have him run for the hills so I don't think she'll say it first. I can actually envision him mentioning it to Leonard or Penny as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. lol.

She did say in one episode that she's sure she's to marry him in four years AND that they not tell him because he's a flight risk. If that ain't proof that she KNOWS how much of a baby deer in the headlights her boyfriend is, then think whatever.

Regarding what you last said, Spook, I DID notice that. I think I mentioned it in the other spoiler thread in my mini-rant. It felt really like a call from episodes 5.03 and 5.19. I'm not sure if Tara has credits for Pulled Groin or was involved in it but I'm sure as heck that TWV had her credit on it. Back in TWV, Sheldon was supposed to go with Amy to her Aunt's birthday but he was torn with going and staying to play Star Wars. He ditched her there when he thought she was actually allowing her, but he DID "found" a solution that he would keep his commitment to her and still play. So, now, what I noticed from the 10th episode is that this time, he was more determined to do better by actually going with her (knowing that he declined to go to Amy's colleague's wedding back in 5.03) even if the guys are doing something again in their apartment. AND the fact that in that scene, when he was about to leave her, he came back and said that it is his obligation to care for her and that he IS concerned for her well-being. I guess Tara's got her hands on this part, if TWV is to be connected to it.

No, there's no taping. Taping's back December 4 and 11, the remaining 2 for this year. No sides yet too.

Kyzzx, get well! You need someone to sing you Soft Kitty?

Edited by jeanalice

But isn't that sort of what they do all the time with couples when something major happens? They kind of ignore it for the next couple of episodes? Maybe they're building up to something...

eta: Going back to the actual topic of spoilers... I think in the storm that has been caused by the more physical scenes in 6.10, we forgot to address something that is kind of interesting to me. Sheldon was in a suit, ready to go to a funeral with Amy? I don't think anyone particularly important died or they wouldn't have let it slipped so casually: maybe a colleague? But that makes it even more interesting to me, that he's accompanying her to something like this. More subtle Sheldon-progress that's getting drowned out by the noise of slaps on the butt.

We haven't even seen the episode yet. Just because everyone was shocked about the spanking

doesn't mean they won't appreciate what's REALLY important. Let's give everyone a little more credit than that.

Monique

• Like 1

I agree that the willingness to attend a funeral was a huge step for Sheldon. We know he dislikes weddings so I imagine he is even less fond of funerals. So the fact he was willing to go to a funeral with Amy, and one of not much significance, as you stated...that is huge for him. I am surprised it got so little chatter as well. :icon_lol:

I wouldn't say backburner, but they will work their story more slowly I believe because part of the issue they ran into is rushing their story in earlier seasons. The writers backed themselves into a corner because they brought them together too soon. So now they have to pace them out more. I think they will definitely have episodes focus on them, but at a slower pace. I think we will see their characters be more involved with scenes with others (Penny with the girls more or possibly Penny/Sheldon scenes and Leonard with the guys and possibly with Sheldon/Leonard or even Leonard/Shamy scenes). The show I think originally was thinking season 7 might be their last and we are now seeing a lot of chatter about going for 10 seasons. That means they have to figure out how to keep L/P interesting for four more seasons when they have brought them this far. They already have H/B as a married couple on the show and so I think they will focus more on developing Penny (maturing her) and that means possibly less L/P romantic interaction and more Penny trying to grow as a person to overcome her fear of commitment. All of it is leading to some awesome L/P future, but it may not be visible at first in this season.

I can't remember... is today a taping today or is this one of the weeks off???

No they are taping on December 4th (next Tuesday). We should see a new script cover tomorrow, though. :) Edited by stardustmelody

Tape dates: 12/4, 12/11, 1/8, 1/15, 1/22

Air dates: 11/29 [6.9] (Tape date was 11/6), 12/6 [6.10] (Tape date 11/13), 12/13 [6.11] (Tape date 11/20), 1/10 [6.12] (Tape date 12/4)

No they are taping on December 4th (next Tuesday). We should see a new script cover tomorrow, though. :)

Ah, thank ya. Stinks we have to wait another whole week though... Where do we find these script covers? I've seen mention of them before but never been able to find em without people posting them here.

• Like 1

Ah, thank ya. Stinks we have to wait another whole week though... Where do we find these script covers? I've seen mention of them before but never been able to find em without people posting them here.

Bill Prady usually tweets them. I typically post them and would be happy to post it here when it comes out this week. I watch for it and post it at the other forum site and on my tumblr site. I will make sure to post it here. :)

• Like 1

Actually, a Shamy thread is a good ide since we're all obsessed. LOL. There's a Leonard & Penny thread so why not?

Feel better, Kyzzx.

Monique

Please, Please for the love of tiny Spock; start a Shamy thread! :icon_razz: I want y'all to enjoy your ship but it does get a bit wearisome here in the Spoilers.....

Bill Prady usually tweets them. I typically post them and would be happy to post it here when it comes out this week. I watch for it and post it at the other forum site and on my tumblr site. I will make sure to post it here. :)

you da best!