The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pomita

Season 6 spoilers

wow. Is that for episode 14?

Too bad they did not do that to Howard. They just suddenly thought of giving him a car in an episode. I even thought that Amy doesn't drive because Penny still had to take them to their first date then voila! She owns one, mentioned it in 5.15, then shows it in episode 19.

I think that with Amy, she was first seen as a "female Sheldon", so maybe the implication was that she didn't drive (though she managed to transport herself to the coffee shop for their first meeting.) Or, I was thinking that maybe Sheldon invited her on the first date and followed social protocol in the guy picking up the girl (or the inviter picking up the invitee), and simply assumed that Leonard (and subsequently Penny) would drive them both.

And, of course, Penny would have to be there because of how they wanted the date to play out. :p

With Howard, it didn't bother me at all because I just assumed that with Bernadette now making the big bucks that they'd upgrade him from his scooter to a real car, and maybe also to celebrate his space flight or something. :)

• Like 1

I suspect they won't have an episode of Leonard buying a new car.  He will just suddenly have one or somehow they got his car back.  They may go that route, but I doubt it.   They don't always continue from what they did a week before with story.   TPTB may feel it would end up too "soap operaish" if they did.   It is like the L/P ILY...they didn't continue with their story the next episode for the same reasons.  They just don't seem to do that.

I think that with Amy, she was first seen as a "female Sheldon", so maybe the implication was that she didn't drive (though she managed to transport herself to the coffee shop for their first meeting.) Or, I was thinking that maybe Sheldon invited her on the first date and followed social protocol in the guy picking up the girl (or the inviter picking up the invitee), and simply assumed that Leonard (and subsequently Penny) would drive them both.

And, of course, Penny would have to be there because of how they wanted the date to play out. :p

With Howard, it didn't bother me at all because I just assumed that with Bernadette now making the big bucks that they'd upgrade him from his scooter to a real car, and maybe also to celebrate his space flight or something. :)

Funny thing there. I think I wrote a fanfic mentioning about that, saying that it was Sheldon's idea to pick her up so she doesn't have her car with her.

I suspect they won't have an episode of Leonard buying a new car.  He will just suddenly have one or somehow they got his car back.  They may go that route, but I doubt it.   They don't always continue from what they did a week before with story.   TPTB may feel it would end up too "soap operaish" if they did.   It is like the L/P ILY...they didn't continue with their story the next episode for the same reasons.  They just don't seem to do that.

I was going easy on this, but that's exactly what I REALLY wanted to say... that I think Sheldon would do have a car in a jiffy. But it IS possible they could have an episode where Leonard buys a car in a plot.

i am head master of sheldons council of ladies, get over it 

you know what im going to make the shirts before CBS ha!!!!!

He's making the tea at his GIRLFRIEND's house. It's not his apartment, its somewhere else. Its different. But then again, you can't see why Sheldon would spank Amy and not Raj/Howard, so its like talking to a brick wall. 

spits out house, entire life, etc what , sheldon spanking raj and howard??

• Like 1

you know what im going to make the shirts before CBS ha!!!!!

spits out house, entire life, etc what , sheldon spanking raj and howard??

*pats bbs on the back to avoid choking*

I think there was some talk at some point about why Sheldon would want to punish Amy for lying about her illness, but didn't want to punish Raj/Howard in the same way--I think in relation to the Electric Can Opener deception?? I forget.

• Like 1

Ah...well Sheldon wants to spank Amy because he loves her.  He may love Raj as a buddy, but his love for Amy is much deeper as a girlfriend.  :)  I know it may have been written and done innocently, but I still say a part of Sheldon has sexual desires for Amy and is expressing them through various ways, including this one.  It may have been because that is what he grew up knowing and all, but it is correct that he is giving her a punishment that he would not give others...why?  Because he wants to...he likes the idea of the closeness.  It is another "approved" way, in his mind, of touching her.  :icon_redface:

• Like 1

Well, no. It's me. I was there, I am kind of the rightful lady. ;)

Amy was on fire tonight.  Man did she lite up when Sheldon said he had to rub vick on her chest.

Ah...well Sheldon wants to spank Amy because he loves her.  He may love Raj as a buddy, but his love for Amy is much deeper as a girlfriend.  :icon_redface:

That's what I think as well. I think him calling it a "punishment" is his way of hiding the fact that he's being more and more drawn to physical contact with her. He ain't foolin' me. LOL. 

Monique

• Like 3

That's what I think as well. I think him calling it a "punishment" is his way of hiding the fact that he's being more and more drawn to physical contact with her. He ain't foolin' me. LOL. 

Monique

Yes, I think if you look at the way they have been portraying sheldon lately -- all the comments about sex from him, the chicken pecking thing, they way he wanted to beat up wil wheaton over amy, and now we see in the latest taping report that he is talking about sex again -- they are definitely trying to portray him as interested in it, under the surface.  After tonight's episode, I don't think it will be long before something happens.

Wow! That is a little dress Penny is wearing for the next episode. Bernie and her look HOT! If I was Leonard and Howard, I would be going out with them, screw boys night.

Just as a matter of interest  what episode in Season 6 are you up to in North America?

I'm sitting on my couch here in España watching Episode 8. Are you much ahead of that?

Wow! That is a little dress Penny is wearing for the next episode. Bernie and her look HOT! If I was Leonard and Howard, I would be going out with them, screw boys night.

Where'd we see this??? I wanna see!!

My goodness, Ms Cuoco is very attractive, as well as being a talented comedic actor. Not news, I know, but still worth noting.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Thanks so much for the report, Kyzzx! Lovely and detailed as always.

It sounds like another classic episode. Leonard/Penny gave me the warm fuzzies in this one, and I'm not even a shipper. Remarkable growth for Penny - and for Sheldon. His dialogues with Alex and the HR lady, and his going out of his way to help Leonard.. just wow.

Two things - I love that Raj's Yorkie is back. And I want to be on that Council of Ladies, complete with T-shirt.  :)

You haven't been taking much notice of the series if you're surprised at Sheldon going out of his way to help Leonard (or anybody else) -  he's been doing that since the beginning: the episode with Penny singing when he saved Leonard from his stupid lie, the episode with Leonard blowing up the elevator, saying to Penny "Please don't hurt my friend", when he drives Penny to the hospital, when he accompanies Leonard on his foolhardy quests to impress Penny, and so many more all through the series. While Leonard very rarely helps Sheldon, and in fact usually goes out of the way to hurt him or make him look like a fool or tries to take the limelight for himself: the first episode of the second series, the espisode where Sheldon gets the award and Penny gets him drunk while Leonard is on the stage talking about himself instead of introducing Sheldon, when Leonard refuses to take Sheldon to Switzerland even though they had an agreement and it meant so much more to Sheldon than to Penny who would have been happy with a nice meal and a box of chocolates, when Sheldon gets his head caught in the wall and Leonard says he's going to help him and instead sits down to text. Also, note the double standards: when Sheldon goes into Leonard's room at night it's a big scene with Leonard moaning and whinging but when Leonard goes into Sheldon's because (usually) he wants to know what's going on with Penny, Sheldon just wakes up and lets him speak after the initial shock. Such hypocrisy.

Yea because Leonard is basically Sheldon's slave. We saw what happened when Leonard ACTUALLY stopped helping Sheldon in season 5 and he refused to drive him places and things like that.

But I think through all 6 seasons we see Leonard do just as much for Sheldon as vice versa

Kaley works that dress very well but her hair is a nightmare. It looks awful.

What is it with the hair dressers for this show that they can't keep a consistent style with her hair.

They don't have this problem with either Melissa nor Mayim.

sjgranic, on 08 Dec 2012 - 01:50, said:snapback.png

You haven't been taking much notice of the series if you're surprised at Sheldon going out of his way to help Leonard (or anybody else) -  he's been doing that since the beginning: the episode with Penny singing when he saved Leonard from his stupid lie, the episode with Leonard blowing up the elevator, saying to Penny "Please don't hurt my friend", when he drives Penny to the hospital, when he accompanies Leonard on his foolhardy quests to impress Penny, and so many more all through the series. While Leonard very rarely helps Sheldon, and in fact usually goes out of the way to hurt him or make him look like a fool or tries to take the limelight for himself: the first episode of the second series, the espisode where Sheldon gets the award and Penny gets him drunk while Leonard is on the stage talking about himself instead of introducing Sheldon, when Leonard refuses to take Sheldon to Switzerland even though they had an agreement and it meant so much more to Sheldon than to Penny who would have been happy with a nice meal and a box of chocolates, when Sheldon gets his head caught in the wall and Leonard says he's going to help him and instead sits down to text. Also, note the double standards: when Sheldon goes into Leonard's room at night it's a big scene with Leonard moaning and whinging but when Leonard goes into Sheldon's because (usually) he wants to know what's going on with Penny, Sheldon just wakes up and lets him speak after the initial shock. Such hypocrisy.

Sheldon is a giant pain in the ass most of the time and given how Leonard and co are stuck catering to his will most of the time it's only right that Sheldon should actually help out his friends from time to time. It's the least he could do.

Edited by DPK
  • Like 1