Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find interesting about Amy's approach to Sheldon is that before they were more than friends, she was something of a confidant to him, and vice-versa.  That friendship is what makes their little romance so nice.  Though she's always wanted a little more from him, the two of them have always been on the same wavelength.

She was able to point out some of his quirks without him getting huffy, even if he tried to deny such things--his OCD, his germaphobia.  She even said, "I know you're something of a left-handed monkey wrench" and he didn't really object.

I think he can take such mild cricisms from her because he's developed a lot of trust in her.  I think they recognize each other as kindred spirits and that has helped him to be able to ease into beginning to understand what it means to be a boyfriend and to have a girlfriend--that he has to give, but now, he can also accept affection from her.

Though they haven't gotten to the point of making out or anything like that, even before they became romantic (as romantic as he can be, anyway, ;) ) he was able to cuddle her, he wasn't freaked out by her drunken kiss and he let her take his hand (as an experiment...)

I think that since they were friends and he liked her as a friend, her minor physical advances on him helped him to understand that touching wasn't necessarily the scary or uncomfortable thing he has always held it to be.  It just has to come from the right person. :p

As their bond has deepened, he seems to have decided that affection toward or from Amy is a pleasurable thing and that he can now seek comfort from her the way she has sought it from him.

A very good thing. :)

What I find interesting about Amy's approach to Sheldon is that before they were more than friends, she was something of a confidant to him, and vice-versa.  That friendship is what makes their little romance so nice.  Though she's always wanted a little more from him, the two of them have always been on the same wavelength.

She was able to point out some of his quirks without him getting huffy, even if he tried to deny such things--his OCD, his germaphobia.  She even said, "I know you're something of a left-handed monkey wrench" and he didn't really object.

I think he can take such mild cricisms from her because he's developed a lot of trust in her.  I think they recognize each other as kindred spirits and that has helped him to be able to ease into beginning to understand what it means to be a boyfriend and to have a girlfriend--that he has to give, but now, he can also accept affection from her.

Though they haven't gotten to the point of making out or anything like that, even before they became romantic (as romantic as he can be, anyway, ;) ) he was able to cuddle her, he wasn't freaked out by her drunken kiss and he let her take his hand (as an experiment...)

I think that since they were friends and he liked her as a friend, her minor physical advances on him helped him to understand that touching wasn't necessarily the scary or uncomfortable thing he has always held it to be.  It just has to come from the right person. :p

As their bond has deepened, he seems to have decided that affection toward or from Amy is a pleasurable thing and that he can now seek comfort from her the way she has sought it from him.

Yes.  That trust and bond is very strong.  You are right that she could point out his quirks, but another reason he accepted her criticisms, was not only because the trust and bond was there, but because she handled it like an adult.  She wasn't insulting him or belittling him, but she was treating him as one adult to another.  She was basically letting him know that he does not need to hang on to those behaviors that comfort him because he is capable and strong enough on his own to be the man he wants to be.   That has always been something unique between Amy and him versus others and him.   Others have continually catered to his need to remain a toddler.  She has always treated him as an equal and a man.   She does not mother him or talk to him as if he were a child.   Thus, his Spiderman speech becomes even more meaningful when you consider that he is trying to become the man he wants to be...and all for her.  

Of course the trust and bond are key.  They established those right off and that is what is beautiful about their relationship.  It was built on a deep friendship and equal partnership that was well based on trust.

That's also what Jim said back in the day when they did the actor-on-actor interview. That he wasn't really sure what was going on in Sheldon's head with regards to Amy, but it was obvious that he didn't mind her touching him and treating him as her own experiment, which was something he wouldn't have put up with with anybody else. 

:icon_lol:  Laughing at your comment, Spook.   They need to increase the number of "likes" allowed on this forum.  It drives me nuts. I think I am only allowed like four before it says I can't do more.  I agree that Mayim makes no bones about being a fangirl...but Jim definitely is one as well.  He is just more private in general about things.  But his face lights up whenever he sees Mayim or talks about Shamy.  :icon_wink:

Not an official one yet.  We have bits and pieces all over from Monique and Susan, but none from Kyzzx, who I think is doing the more official report.
Yeah, it's really confusing jumping thread to thread, and going back however many pages, etc. FF has a decent report up for now though, thank goodness.

Here you go:  http://www.fanforum.com/67131668-post191.html   I think many of us would still like to see Kyzzx's report because she is really good at capturing full dialog, etc.  I hope she still posts a report.

Thank you so much but what thread is the report in? the link just brings you to the site and I can't find the report I,m Panicking LOL

It should be in the spoilers thread for the BBT.   Hmmm...I copied the link direct from the post.  That is annoying that it doesn't take you directly there.  Where you can select a show, instead select spoilers (the last selection on the selection box area up at the top of the page on the right hand corner).   Select Spoilers.  Then look for the the thread for BBT spoilers.   Then select post #191.   Hopefully that helps. Sorry the link didn't take you directly there.  Annoying! :icon_redface:

Edited by stardustmelody

I think that the link has an extra space at the end.

Let's try this again - http://www.fanforum.com/67131668-post191.html

Yes, that's it.

I hope that Kyzzx still posts her report.  It's always nice to have as many different points of view on such things as possible.  Everyone notices different little details. And the details are important!! :D