Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

I just watched Bakersfield Expedition and it was phenomenal!  Sheldon in the diner was heart-breaking, though.
That part of the episode was very serious, but very good, so why can't we have something a little serious on Valentines Day?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

My only answer is maybe it's because it would mean that the one they just filmed on Tue would air next week if there wasn't a gap. Maybe they want to make sure they have enough editing time? I have no clue how this stuff works. LOL.

Monique

it's not unusual though. There are many times where they air tape and air episodes with only a week's time.

These breaks are always scheduled. They stop 2 weeks before February sweeps, pretty much every year.

Edited by Sursonica

I'm thinking this whole development with Sheldon must be really good for Jim as an actor. Between this last episode and what we know is coming up, he's getting to do some different kind of acting than his usual comedic/Sheldon-y acting. I wonder if there's going to be something good coming up in the future with Emmys in sight, after all the time he's won doing something different must be good so he doesn't become stagnant and has chances to be appreciated as multi-faceted.

Yes, SRAM both this episode and 6x14 have some pretty serious undertones, I'm wondering what's coming up with V-day.

I'm thinking this whole development with Sheldon must be really good for Jim as an actor. Between this last episode and what we know is coming up, he's getting to do some different kind of acting than his usual comedic/Sheldon-y acting. I wonder if there's going to be something good coming up in the future with Emmys in sight, after all the time he's won doing something different must be good so he doesn't become stagnant and has chances to be appreciated as multi-faceted.

Yes, SRAM both this episode and 6x14 have some pretty serious undertones, I'm wondering what's coming up with V-day.

I have to believe that this is going to help Jim when it comes to nominations this time around and leading to a possible win because that was the one complaint that I consistently heard from the commentary about his last nomination...that his character had not evolved and grown at all since the beginning of the show.  Well this season, there is no way they could say that.  He has grown leaps and bounds.

Another interesting thing is that Prady has been less involved in the writing this season, having Steve take over the helm because Prady was teaching classes on writing for TV so that may have also been important as well.   Steve seems to have given the characters a lot of dimension, growth and life.   He has mixed a little "drama" for lack of a better word in with the comedy, yet maintained what made them fun (more science this season, more nerdy stuff this season...than the last two seasons).   Not that I am knocking Prady at all, but I do think that Steve has managed to bring new life into the characters and the scripts seem very intricately interwoven.  The story arcs are very clearly defined and going a specific direction, yet still manage to keep the audience on their toes by giving us surprises (like 6.14 episode).   So yes, I think Jim stands a very good chance at an Emmy this time around. :D

I am dying to see what the next two tapings will be like.   This has been an excellent season and obviously well received given the high ratings all season. ;)

I have to believe that this is going to help Jim when it comes to nominations this time around and leading to a possible win because that was the one complaint that I consistently heard from the commentary about his last nomination...that his character had not evolved and grown at all since the beginning of the show.  Well this season, there is no way they could say that.  He has grown leaps and bounds.

Another interesting thing is that Prady has been less involved in the writing this season, having Steve take over the helm because Prady was teaching classes on writing for TV so that may have also been important as well.   Steve seems to have given the characters a lot of dimension, growth and life.   He has mixed a little "drama" for lack of a better word in with the comedy, yet maintained what made them fun (more science this season, more nerdy stuff this season...than the last two seasons).   Not that I am knocking Prady at all, but I do think that Steve has managed to bring new life into the characters and the scripts seem very intricately interwoven.  The story arcs are very clearly defined and going a specific direction, yet still manage to keep the audience on their toes by giving us surprises (like 6.14 episode).   So yes, I think Jim stands a very good chance at an Emmy this time around. :D

I am dying to see what the next two tapings will be like.   This has been an excellent season and obviously well received given the high ratings all season. ;)

I really appreciate this development and can't wait what's coming up.

Last night I dreamed of BBT. First time.....      I blame all of you, and the Forum.   :icon_wink:   But mostly I blame the show!    hahahaha       

We have the same problem in Australia - blocked - you can install a problem that will change your vpn - but I haven't worried about that, normally can find it.  

I am not sure if a proxy sever would help get past a blocked site in your country. However you might try

http://hidemyass.com/proxy/

It is free, however for a fee you can pick what country you IP is coming from.  

I saw them. I hope this is a good thing. I am not so sure.

Do you really think the writers would have a bad ending to a V-day episode?  I don't think they would end it sad.  I think things could not go well early in a show, but end well...kind of like they just aired.   It was sad for the boys, but ended on a good note with them coming home to find their women arguing about comic books.  I think they would at least make it a happy ending or end on an "up note".  

Wish I could have seen a glimpse of what they are going to do with Shamy.  

I don't know. I'd be shocked if they actually get engaged at this point. Maybe she'll blow it off with a joke or something.

Leonard might have been drunk based on the few lines I read, IMO.

Or...he could be kneeling down to tie his shoe for all we know. :icon_lol:   I could see him asking they move in with each other first because he has been turned down already (or is it twice now)?   As much as I could see them getting engaged, I think it would be awfully early still, especially if they truly are targeting 10 seasons.

I hope it's a joke mainly because I want Penny to propose to Leonard. But it might be good for Lenny because even if it is a joke, Penny might have a totally different reaction this time and make it all incredibly sweet. I do not think Leonard proposing AGAIN would lead to drama AGAIN. 

I hope it's a joke mainly because I want Penny to propose to Leonard. But it might be good for Lenny because even if it is a joke, Penny might have a totally different reaction this time and make it all incredibly sweet. I do not think Leonard proposing AGAIN would lead to drama AGAIN. 
Perhaps if Leonard does propose again at the reastuarant and Penny gets upset, the episode ends with Penny going to Leonard apologizing and then proposes to him? They are in such a great place right now I just don't want it destroyed.

You know someone in TPTB released this to drive us all crazy. Think about it, it is during the sweeps and it is just enough to make us wonder if Leonard is going to propose. Can you think of a better way get maximum fan participation? I already am excited about the possibilities.