Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Matt the guy that Penny threw his IPod out the window?

Wow...Matt had a bigger impact on her than we realized.  I mean that was several seasons ago and while we knew he moved on quickly, I figured by now she was well over him.  Interesting.  I had no idea she liked him that strongly.

Is Matt the guy that Penny threw his IPod out the window?

No that was Mike.

I think Leonard is going to propose again. There's no other reason to have him get down on one knee after having witnessed what they did if that was not the writers intention. Here's the thing, I don't see Leonard and Penny getting married yet, but the Matt and Gretchen thing clearly bothers Penny for some reason and I could see her saying yes in the heat of the moment just to make herself feel better about what it happening. Leonard will of coarse be thrilled, but then later on Penny will realize that she only said yes for the wrong reasons and she'll have tell Leonard that she isn't ready to to get married. Leonard is going to be upset and this will cause major strife that they will have to work through. Some will probably say that this would cause Leonard to break up with her, but I don't think so, he loves her too much at this point and would be willing to accept this with the belief that one day Penny will be ready, but I do think this is going to cause problems for the relationship.

Monique, do you think that Kyzzx might send you the summary if she did one that you can post since she has been having problems getting to the forum?   I think many of us would still like her take on the taping if she is willing to do a report.

I'm sorry. No offense to anyone here but I'm not the pushy type....not my thing. Perhaps something came up where she just didn't get the chance to write up her report? Or perhaps she just flat out doesn't want to this time?? We will never know until she is able to come on here and speak for herself :-). Love you guys but that's a negative. LOL!

That's why me personally, I don't want to dub myself an official taping reporter (not that she or anyone else has) because that's too much pressure from those who depend on you to keep coming back. LOL. I don't mind sharing everything I can remember little by little but for me to type out the ENTIRE episode as good as Kyzzx does that looks like a full on transcript of the episode, that's too much pressure for me.

So again, sorry. There are a few people floating around who have gone to this taping and what they posted....we have to take it or leave it at this point. 

Monique

No that was Mike.   I think Leonard is going to propose again. There's no other reason to have him get down on one knee after having witnessed what they did if that was not the writers intention. Here's the thing, I don't see Leonard and Penny getting married yet, but the Matt and Gretchen thing clearly bothers Penny for some reason and I could see her saying yes in the heat of the moment just to make herself feel better about what it happening. Leonard will of coarse be thrilled, but then later on Penny will realize that she only said yes for the wrong reasons and she'll have tell Leonard that she isn't ready to to get married. Leonard is going to be upset and this will cause major strife that they will have to work through. Some will probably say that this would cause Leonard to break up with her, but I don't think so, he loves her too much at this point and would be willing to accept this with the belief that one day Penny will be ready, but I do think this is going to cause problems for the relationship.
You have a good point, but I hope the writers don't do it that way. If Penny just says yes then changes her mind, it will ruin her character and make people dislike her, plus it is really going to hurt the relationship. How can she hurt Leonard again? If she is not going to say yes and mean it, they need to make it not a real proposal and go for a laugh and not drama.

I'm sorry. No offense to anyone here but I'm not the pushy type....not my thing. Perhaps something came up where she just didn't get the chance to write up her report? Or perhaps she just flat out doesn't want to this time?? We will never know until she is able to come on here and speak for herself :-). Love you guys but that's a negative. LOL!

That's why me personally, I don't want to dub myself an official taping reporter (not that she or anyone else has) because that's too much pressure from those who depend on you to keep coming back. LOL. I don't mind sharing everything I can remember little by little but for me to type out the ENTIRE episode as good as Kyzzx does that looks like a full on transcript of the episode, that's too much pressure for me.

So again, sorry. There are a few people floating around who have gone to this taping and what they posted....we have to take it or leave it at this point. 

Monique

I didn't mean to put you on the spot.  I just was curious if she indicated if she was trying to get on to leave a report.  I know you said she had problems trying to get to the forum and just thought it was to post something.   I don't really "expect" her or anyone to write a report. I am thankful for whatever information we can get from those who attend the tapings, now matter how it all comes out (all at once or little by little).  We appreciate you guys being ears and eyes for us. 

Thanks for updating me on the low-down.   I appreciate it. :)

Edited by stardustmelody

Take the following with a grain of salt.  It's just from the lines in the side.  It sounds plausible to me, but then it could be a residual effect of having taken those damn script analysis classes:

It appears to me that Matt and Gretchen are from Penny's past, that either Penny or Penny and Leonard meet Matt, leaving Penny to explain the backstory (and it appears that Bernie knows the story also).  I say meet Matt because of the comment about Gretchen losing weight.  If Penny had seen Gretchen before, she wouldn't have made the comment.   Matt could be someone she dated in the first or second season, and they quit dating because of  something that happened between Matt and Gretchen, leaving Penny out in the cold .   I get this from her comments as she doesn't seem too fond of Matt and really dislikes Gretchen and the two of them seem to really upset Penny.

From Leonard's comment and action, ("Two can play at this game" as he gets down on one knee), it looks like he may be making a spontaneous move, trying make Penny feel better about having Matt and Gretchen in the same place, and having Matt propose to Gretchen.   By doing this, Leonard probably thinks he is showing that Penny is very desirable and found someone despite M & G actions.   I say may here because if he is making a serious attempt at making it appear that he is proposing, he would have to have a ring with him.  Which means he was planning on proposing to Penny sometime during the night and this may be an actual proposal.  Of course, it cuts off there and we really don't know what Leonard is actually doing.   

Another thought is that maybe Matt is another of those reasons that Penny had difficulty saying ILY to Leonard.  Along with Kurt, she could have said it to Matt, then he cheated on her with Gretchen.      

Take the following with a grain of salt.  It's just from the lines in the side.  It sounds plausible to me, but then it could be a residual effect of having taken those damn script analysis classes:

It appears to me that Matt and Gretchen are from Penny's past, that either Penny or Penny and Leonard meet Matt, leaving Penny to explain the backstory (and it appears that Bernie knows the story also).  I say meet Matt because of the comment about Gretchen losing weight.  If Penny had seen Gretchen before, she wouldn't have made the comment.   Matt could be someone she dated in the first or second season, and they quit dating because of  something that happened between Matt and Gretchen, leaving Penny out in the cold .   I get this from her comments as she doesn't seem too fond of Matt and really dislikes Gretchen and the two of them seem to really upset Penny.

From Leonard's comment and action, ("Two can play at this game" as he gets down on one knee), it looks like he may be making a spontaneous move, trying make Penny feel better about having Matt and Gretchen in the same place, and having Matt propose to Gretchen.   By doing this, Leonard probably thinks he is showing that Penny is very desirable and found someone despite M & G actions.   I say may here because if he is making a serious attempt at making it appear that he is proposing, he would have to have a ring with him.  Which means he was planning on proposing to Penny sometime during the night and this may be an actual proposal.  Of course, it cuts off there and we really don't know what Leonard is actually doing.   

Another thought is that maybe Matt is another of those reasons that Penny had difficulty saying ILY to Leonard.  Along with Kurt, she could have said it to Matt, then he cheated on her with Gretchen.      

I don't even think this Matt has to be a past romantic interest. If Bernadette knows them he could have just been a jerk. Then they obviously know Gretchen though so that throws a wrench in that theory. I'm just saying if it was a past love interest, Leonard would be way more insecure and tense in those scenes in the sides imo. 

Edited by Slicknickshady

I don't even think this Matt has to be a past romantic interest. If Bernadette knows them he could have just been a jerk. Then they obviously know Gretchen though so that throws a wrench in that theory. I'm just saying if it was a past love interest, Leonard would be way more insecure and tense in those scenes in the sides imo. 

I would tend to agree with you about Leonard's insecurity normally.  But if the Penny and Matt relationship ended badly and Penny is still angry at him because of the circumstances, Leonard may not be as insecure as he normally is, in that situation.   But, as I said, it may just be an overactive script analysis exercise. 

Here's the deal...Penny would probably not react that way about a co-worker and his girlfriend.  She might feel that way about Matt if he were the co-worker (feel like he is a jerk that she likes to avoid at all times, for example), but then she could care less about who he is dating, right?   But she seems just as upset with the girl Gretchen, almost more so.   So that sounds like a girl that wronged her over a guy (probably Matt).   That is just my gut feel on the situation.   UNLESS, they both worked with her and she really had problems with both of them.  But then if she worked with them, she would not have just suddenly noticed Gretchen having lost weight.  It sounds to me like she knew the people, and had not seen either for a while and that she knew them in social situation that included a nasty encounter.   I am guessing Penny had dated Matt at one time and he either two-timed her with Gretchen or broke up with her to date Gretchen.  Gretchen may have been a past friend even that back-stabbed her and stole her boyfriend.  Just from Penny's reaction.   I think Leonard knows the history, as does Bernadette because somehow it was probably when Bernie was still at CCF that she knew about the whole ordeal.   Leonard may have been dating Pryia at the time for all we know.   He probably isn't upset because he knew the circumstance, but he also feels more secure because now Penny has told him she loves him.

Seems to me that Penny must have been recently humiliated (again?) in his presence. She is usually so unflappable but calls Matt and Gretchen arriving at the same resturant a disaster. Odd.

Puppy Chow suggested Leonard seems like he might be a little drunk or drugged. I agree. He just seems too happy—that Hi-ya! and the nun-chucks thing she tells him to quit. It would explain the bone headed move to propose again so soon. Whatever the case, I hope it leads to a serious discussion about their future. Clearing up the failed proposal in season five is still unfinished business between these two. No more L&P drama, thanks.

Edit: Stardust, the ex-bestie that back stabbed her and stole her boyfriend is a pretty good guess IMO. It would explain her behavior.

Edited by bostrich

I would tend to agree with you about Leonard's insecurity normally.  But if the Penny and Matt relationship ended badly and Penny is still angry at him because of the circumstances, Leonard may not be as insecure as he normally is, in that situation.   But, as I said, it may just be an overactive script analysis exercise. 

True, really thats the only thing keeping me from being 100% it's a former love interest. The stuff about usually Leonard would feel insecure. All of these are interesting theories.

And i like the fact, if true, this shows Leonard is more secure in his relationship with Penny. He knows Penny loves him so Matt isnt a threat.

Yeah, I think something might be happening earlier in the episode with this Matt dude for Penny to be this angry at him. Humiliation or something along those lines is probably plausible. I do not think that, at this stage in her relationship with Leonard, Penny would be this affected by an ex-boyfriend. Maybe they are classmates of Penny?

Monique

I'm happier not knowing the specific details anyway... I like reading yours just for the general take on it.

it seems like the two (matt and gretchen) are from Penny's past.  it seems likely that something that happened earlier in the episode introduced the characters as well as they're back story.  Whatever it is Penny seems far more worked up over it than Leonard does... ugh I don't like these cliff hangers like this