Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

Upon third read, other things that bug me.

1) "Stupid space movies". Really? We just had one episode where there was finally a connection over the comic books and now we're back to this?

2) "You're a crazy bastard". Jesus Christ, Leonard.

3) Amy having to list out all the reasons why she's good for Sheldon. If that ever happened, I wanted him to realize that for himself. 

Meh, seems like some people, the more they read it the more they like it, for me it's the complete opposite. I REALLY hope it plays out differently on screen.

I have a real big issue with Leonards reaction in general. They have been living together for so long with big arguements and fights. So WTF is going on with him? Sheldon really did worse stuff in the past to piss his roomie of. To me this overreaction seems a bit "constructed" and I don't quite get it.

Unless this Moving Together thingi is a important plot for the future and they somehow had to get it mentioned now. Although I am not happy how they did it, this thought brings me back on the happy side.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon third read, other things that bug me.

1) "Stupid space movies". Really? We just had one episode where there was finally a connection over the comic books and now we're back to this?

2) "You're a crazy bastard". Jesus Christ, Leonard.

3) Amy having to list out all the reasons why she's good for Sheldon. If that ever happened, I wanted him to realize that for himself. 

Meh, seems like some people, the more they read it the more they like it, for me it's the complete opposite. I REALLY hope it plays out differently on screen.

Seems so.

1. We all know Amy doesn't really like Star Wars, Star Trek etc.

2. That reaction by Leonard was umm....over the top.

3. I LOVED that part of the episode. Sometimes he needs to hear the truth.....

You are right, the more I read it, the more I love the drama.......and the soap opera like ending...

Insert this :

I think it sounds pretty funny overall, but I do think that all of this conflict at this stage is likely going to have some effect on what they all choose to do for Valentine's Day.

Otherwise, what would be the point of doing this?

I think it's part of the show's style to not really resolve this in a deeply emotional way, but, really, it does get resolved in that Leonard and Amy end up finding out that they can't just push themselves onto their SOs.

While they're all committed couples, that doesn't mean that they're ready to live together, especially Sheldon and Amy. Leonard's decision to move in with Penny is pretty impulsive and he doesn't even ask Penny. Under normal circumstances, the subject would be brought up, pros and cons discussed, and the decision made after due consideration. But Leonard basically just says he's moving in.

And then Amy does the same thing with Sheldon.

While there may not be a "logical" reason why the couples shouldn't live together, it's not just about logic. It's also about emotional readiness, especially for Sheldon. While he may love Amy (and may slowly be beginning to admit it to himself), that doesn't mean he's ready to be with her 24/7, even if they weren't sharing a bedroom.

I have a real big issue with Leonard's reaction in general. They have been living together for so long with big arguments and fights. So WTF is going on with him? Sheldon really did worse stuff in the past to piss his roomie of. To me this overreaction seems a bit "constructed" and I don't quite get it.

Unless this Moving Together thing is a important plot for the future and they somehow had to get it mentioned now. Although I am not happy how they did it, this thought brings me back on the happy side.

This looks a lot like preparation for the future. It was not done very eloquently but this was the big step forward for coming developments.

They have been slowly revisiting topics that were setup in season 5:

- Leonard's blow-up with Sheldon about his readiness drills which had Leonard hiding out at Penny's.

- Amy's perfect adherence to the relationship agreement and Sheldon's violations for no other reason than he wants to.

- Leonard's proposal to Penny at an spontaneous moment.

So far, the results the second time around are only somewhat different.

Edited by BangerMain

I think it sounds pretty funny overall, but I do think that all of this conflict at this stage is likely going to have some effect on what they all choose to do for Valentine's Day.

Otherwise, what would be the point of doing this?

I think it's part of the show's style to not really resolve this in a deeply emotional way, but, really, it does get resolved in that Leonard and Amy end up finding out that they can't just push themselves onto their SOs.

While they're all committed couples, that doesn't mean that they're ready to live together, especially Sheldon and Amy. Leonard's decision to move in with Penny is pretty impulsive and he doesn't even ask Penny. Under normal circumstances, the subject would be brought up, pros and cons discussed, and the decision made after due consideration. But Leonard basically just says he's moving in.

And then Amy does the same thing with Sheldon.

While there may not be a "logical" reason why the couples shouldn't live together, it's not just about logic. It's also about emotional readiness, especially for Sheldon. While he may love Amy (and may slowly be beginning to admit it to himself), that doesn't mean he's ready to be with her 24/7, even if they weren't sharing a bedroom.

Oh I don't disagree with any of this at all. I'm not saying they should have all moved in together. What throws me off is that there are some big words being thrown around all over the place and the big fight at the end doesn't mention anything about anyone's emotional readiness, only cowardice on Sheldon and Penny's part. We're made it clear that Amy and Leonard were in the wrong but nothing is said about Sheldon and Penny. And we had been going on for a while about how good it is that these 4 are more or less on the same wavelength now and then here we go again.

I agree that this is probably introducing an idea that will be used in the future, I guess I'm just not a fan of the Lorre/Kaplan/Holland trio style of writing because every single ep they've wrote this season bugged me in some way. I think their style just doesn't do it for me.

Okay, its hard to judge just from reading it but I don't like how this sounds like we're going back to season 3 Penny here.  I mean Leonard came to her with a big step for their relationship and she AGREED to it even though she didn't want too.  They could have had a legitamate conversation about where their relationship was and whether or not they were ready but instead Penny agrees he should move in, and then gets mad at Leonard for it.  Sure he might have been a little pushy but i don't feel like she is in the right for calling him a jerk and getting as mad as she did at him... Anyone who went remember if there was any scene at the end of them reconciling? or did it just end with Penny and Amy in her apartment and Leonard and sheldon in theirs?

If i had to grasp at strings here I'm hoping this episode is used to show us what the old Penny was like so that whatever happens in the valentines episode she is able to handle better thus showing her evolution as a character.  This just seemed very immature and season 3ish to me.  I wish they would cut the drama from the L/P for one episode... is it to much to ask for a few sweet scenes of them together instead of this crap?  Every time we see an L/P ep a part of me wonders if this will be the one, we've seen so much growth in both characters and they do seem to be in  a really good place then the writers lean over and give us a swift dick punch in the emotional groin.

That's the thing. If I were writing that scene in the end, I would have head them all shout at the top of their lungs, then calm down and do a roundtable of honesty with each other, INCLUDING Sheldon and Leonard to each other. That would have been a nice change, for once. They didn't need to get emotional or sprout out declarations of love, romantic or brotherly, they just needed to show a glimpse of being grown-ups, like they have done so often in recent episodes. Then they could have retreated to their girls/boys nights, have Amy make her joke about moving in with Penny and laugh it off an move on. But no, it's too much to ask from L/K/H.  :icon_rolleyes:

I hope you are right and that this is setting up the V-day ep. 

Edited by spook

Seriously though... they seem to have had a chance to actually have Sheldon and penny grow up a little bit... they didn't necessarily have to move in with their partners but being able to simply talk about it like adults would be a huge step for both of them...

All this bickering really isn't healthy for a relationship and I think the writers need to cut back a little on drama, cause now the valentines ep seems hold a snag too? Ugh

Seriously though... they seem to have had a chance to actually have Sheldon and penny grow up a little bit... they didn't necessarily have to move in with their partners but being able to simply talk about it like adults would be a huge step for both of them...

All this bickering really isn't healthy for a relationship and I think the writers need to cut back a little on drama, cause now the valentines ep seems hold a snag too? Ugh

Only thing I disagree with, arguments are good for relationships when they air feelings....

Kyxzz are you going to 6 x 16?

Edited by Kiru Breezy

I think at least in the Lenny's case this issue might be brought up again next week. If Leonard is proposing, as it looks like he is, even just jokingly, they can't have Penny freak out again. She must react differently. And marriage and moving in together are two sides of the same coin, so maybe they will address it in a positive way once they leave Howard and Bernadette at the restaurant on their own.

Shamy is a bit more unpredictable but it's very similar, again, it's Amy doing something for Sheldon, not the other way around. But I don't know that they will address this issue in that context because it doesn't really fit. UNLESS Sheldon gives her a key to their place as a V-day gift or something, as an olive branch over the issue. 

It's just rather rare for TBBT to address issues in two consecutive episodes, so I'm not convinced this will be touched again for a while.

We can only hope... but your right consecutive episodes don't usually toe on together... hopefully this will be a first and we can actually see L/P talk about these things and work through it...

Also kiru, I agree but I think there's a limit... I feel like every L/P episode has some sort of argument between them

Thanks for the report Kyzzx and Monique :)

The only new thing in this episode seems to be Leonard standing up to Sheldon....

Rest all seems to be repeated stuff-- Leonard pushes Penny but Penny remains static.....Amy pushes Sheldon but Sheldon remains static and the bigger one Raj is still pathetic :D

Edited by vasu

This looks a lot like preparation for the future. It was not done very eloquently but this was the big step forward for coming developments.

They have been slowly revisiting topics that were setup in season 5:

- Leonard's blow-up with Sheldon about his readiness drills which had Leonard hiding out at Penny's.

- Amy's perfect adherence to the relationship agreement and Sheldon's violations for no other reason than he wants to.

- Leonard's proposal to Penny at an spontaneous moment.

So far, the results the second time around are only somewhat different.

Wow, now that I read about this, it's like TFC 2.0 but sort of reversed. Sheldon's drills drove Leonard crazy. Sheldon's insensitivity and lack of filter made him pissed off. Sheldon treats Amy as his replacement "slave" and "doesn't know what girlfriends are for". Amy suggest she's perfect roommate for him but now he KNOWS what girlfriends are for and is taking precautions. They resolved TFC with Leonard's Day but is an empty holiday. The issue here was resolved by all of them kinda sorta realizing moving in is not really an option for the couples. And god, Amy's line of moving in with Penny is Amy's own joke since Sheldon keeps insisting he wants Leonard back.

I hope that it is possible eventually... having them in their current living situations for the rest of the series would be boring and get old fast I think we need some kind of change...

I wish there was a scene of each couple at least discussing the possibility of it down the road somewhere... its fine that penny isn't ready, its a big jump after a lot has happened in her relationship. However, she needs to be able to talk about this with Leonard. Because the apparent ending to this episode makes u wonder just where each ship stands.

Thanks for the report Kyzzx

Here are my observations for L/P

1. In the end Penny says "what jerks are boyfriends are" but that's it.

2. Penny doesn't say her and Amy should break up with them.

3. Leonard doesn't freak out and say "Are we still going out?"

4. We know that L/P are spending Valentine's Day together on the next episode and seem to be in good spirits with each other up to Leonard getting on one knee.

I'm going to wait till after the taping report (hopefully we get one) for the Valentine's Day episode to gauge where L/P stand

After this episode 6.15, it is hard for me to believe that Leonard would propose to Penny after she rejected him moving it. It makes absolutely no sense. I am really leaning to the idea that Leonard taking a knee is not a real proposal to Penny.

I don't blame Penny for her reaction or her reluctance to come up with an argument against it right away.

It's a big surprise and one fraught with the potholes typical of the "do these pants make me look fat" sort.  She may not be able to articulate why she doesn't want him moving in and just saying, "No, I don't want you to", without any "logical" reason may hurt Leonard in a way she doesn't intend.  If he had asked her before just imposing himself on her, I think she could have been more prepared to be honest with him.

If she's trying to find an easy way to turn him down, something that won't make him feel insecure, she might need time to figure out how to say it just right.  But he doesn't afford her that opportunity.

And then Amy apparently does the same thing.  Sheldon would be even less prepared to be able to articulate--without hurting Amy's feelings--why he might not want her to move in.

It reminds me of The Pulled Groin Extrapolation, when Howard just assumes that Bernie will be moving in with him and his mother.  He doesn't ask her, he doesn't discuss the pros and cons or explore alternatives.  He just assumes that she'll move in with him--and that doesn't go over very well, either.

I'm really not worried about resolution or forward movement.  The show has always had a sort of 3 step forward/2 steps back kind of arc and though this may seem major, I don't know that it's any more major than any other times someone has rocked the boat.  In the end, everyone sits down and the boat goes back to calmly rocking on the ocean.

I don't know that they'll ever rearrange the living arrangements of the 2 Los Robles apartments until maybe the last season or even the last episode or something.  L&S across the hall from Penny is pretty much sacrosanct.

Who knows, maybe this episode was a sort of answer to the folks who've been wondering why Leonard hasn't yet moved in with Penny or who have wondered if there was ever going to be such a change.

Sometimes space and time apart is better for a couple, and I think that's especially true for Sheldon.  Amy may be ready to live with him, but I think Sheldon would have a long way to go in order to be able to live with a non-related female, even if she's his girlfriend.