Season 6 spoilers

Pomita

Ahhh, I got a nice sleep. LOL. 

I loved how Sheldon's only response to Amy when she listed all the reasons why she'd be a perfect roommate for him and he couldn't deny is was, "Ummmmm." When she asked him the next day when she's getting her key, "Ummmmmm." LOL!!!! Poor guy didn't know how to tell her that he wasn't ready for that yet. I don't know if Kyzxxx mentioned this part (My memory sucks) but he did reveal the reason why to Penny. He told Penny that he's not ready for all that would come (it was said in a way I can't remember right now) with Amy moving in, "I can already see her leg stubble in my shower...."  Penny says, "I've seen those legs...you better get some Draino." or whatever she says to unclog the drain. LOL.

I liked that in this same scene, Penny mentions to Sheldon that she "loves" Leonard but doesn't want to hurt his feelings. 

The audience cheered when Amy yelled at Sheldon, "What the hell, SHELDON???" and she stood above him. LOL. It was so great to see her stand up for herself too by telling him what she felt. What she said was the truth. She HAS been so patient with him, etc.

I didn't like how there was really no proper resolution for both couples. It was just the boys going to one apartment and the girls going to the other. WTF? I'm hoping at the very least what occurred will plant the seed for better things to come for both couples. I hope what Amy said to Sheldon will wake him the hell up.

Anyway, in other news: something kinda funny happened last night. You know how we ALL have that ability to sense when someone is watching us? You look and BOOM, there someone is staring at you. Well, I was the one staring at Jim last night when he was on set getting ready for the first scene and boom, he must have felt my eyes and looked RIGHT at me for a second. LOL! It  was almost creepy because I was so far away from him, there were a bunch of heads in front of me and his eyes managed to look through everyone's heads and right at me. LOL!

Monique

Edited by MJistheBOMB

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Kyzzx and Monique for all the very interesting information. Also, Kyzzx I wish you well and a speedy recovery! :) It appears that the writers are setting the foundation for the inevitable fact that the living arrangements have to change. Although some fans hate change it is really about time, especially for Leonard. To live that long with Sheldon, Leonard must be a saint! Like Sheldon's mom has said many times "I should have taken him to see the doctor in Houston!" I can't wait to see what happens in 6.16!

Thanks for the extra info Monique!

I like that Penny and Sheldon told each other the reasons, although Sheldon's seem a bit stupid with regards to the shower.. I mean, I know it was thrown in for laughs, but that's an issue he could have with anyone moving in really, and he didn't seem that bothered by finding a new roommate. Plus, she knows him better than that! But it's nice to hear that he says he's "not ready" not that he just doesn't want to ever live with her full stop. And it's nice to hear Penny say she loves Leonard again. Puts the rest of the episode in a bit more of a context, even though the last scene just sucks no matter which way I look at it.

Thank you Monique and Kyzzx for your observations and reports.  Kyzzx, I hope you are feeling perky and well soon.  

This episode I think is another one of those that we are going to have to wait for it to make sense down the road.  I do believe they are paving the way that there may be living arrangement changes in the future to keep it more realistic for men their ages.   I also believe that they could have done a slightly better job ending it to where you felt there was some transition to what is coming next week, because it is rather a leap to expect that apologies will come during the show given they have only a few short minutes per couple to tell a story.   I think we will find apologies came "off camera" and we will feel cheated as a result of that...and they will start out the episode as if this 6.15 never happened.   We won't see reference to it until sometime down the road.

I think Raj is the character that again comes across pathetic in this episode and the poor guy just cannot seem to get a story that makes him look good.   While I am sure we will laugh like crazy in his scenes, I feel bad that he isn't given something decent to work with.

I agree with Spook...I have not been crazy about this particular team of individuals combining.  Their episodes are very random and never have closure and make you feel "off" until you see where they fit in episodes later.

Anyway, in other news: something kinda funny happened last night. You know how we ALL have that ability to sense when someone is watching us? You look and BOOM, there someone is staring at you. Well, I was the one staring at Jim last night when he was on set getting ready for the first scene and boom, he must have felt my eyes and looked RIGHT at me for a second. LOL! It  was almost creepy because I was so far away from him, there were a bunch of heads in front of me and his eyes managed to look through everyone's heads and right at me. LOL!

Monique

OMG!!!!!    envy you!    This makes my heart jump.....  

Thanks to you and Kyzzx for all your observating and writing!!!!

As I think about it I'm finding it interesting penny called Sheldon a coward for not telling Amy how he really felt. Sheldon just kind of accepted that when in reality he could have and should have turned it right back on penny cause she is doing the same thing to Leonard.

It could have been sort of eye opening there in the hall way if penny and Sheldon called each other out for their problems committing. Idk just seemed like there could have been more.

Maybe she was calling him a coward for blaming her for their problems I guess

Only thing I disagree with, arguments are good for relationships when they air feelings....

Kyxzz are you going to 6 x 16?

Currently, it doesn't look like it. But I think I can swing it. The guy I email has helped me out many times, so we'll see. It was actually the only instance in which the site was getting so much traffic that I couldn't get tickets. Usually, I don't have a problem.

Also, yesh, they did show the Cooper/Kripke episode. It moves very fast!

And to everyone saying the episode makes Penny sound like 'season 3' Penny, that's entirely not true. Everyone is VERY adult in this episode. This is mostly why I didn't write it out as a script, because everything will be blown out of proportion until then. :p I know that you guys will really like the episode when it airs.

Monique, loving these little behind the scenes tidbits you are giving.  I would have freaked out if Jim had turned and stared at me like he did you.  I think I might have been creeped out a bit.   I don't like people staring at me.  I am sure he is far more used to it being an actor, yet somehow it is rather cool at the same time he singled you out like that.  :icon_lol:    Were there any interactions between he and Mayim that were cute?   Also, last week he seemed in a super good mood.  What was the mood of the cast in this one given it sounds like it was a much more intense episode?

Lastly, which version of the taping did they go with when Sheldon was talking about it being possible that he and Amy might have sex.  Just curious.

Monique, loving these little behind the scenes tidbits you are giving.  I would have freaked out if Jim had turned and stared at me like he did you.  I think I might have been creeped out a bit.   I don't like people staring at me.  I am sure he is far more used to it being an actor, yet somehow it is rather cool at the same time he singled you out like that.  :icon_lol:    Were there any interactions between he and Mayim that were cute?   Also, last week he seemed in a super good mood.  What was the mood of the cast in this one given it sounds like it was a much more intense episode?

Lastly, which version of the taping did they go with when Sheldon was talking about it being possible that he and Amy might have sex.  Just curious.

They went with Sheldon saying, "it's a possibility..." after Penny asks, "...are you saying that you're relationship Amy wills someday get physical?" or however she says it. BTW, I was suprised to see the episode is finished....no fair that we have to wait to the 31st to see it on TV! LOL.

Monique

Edited by MJistheBOMB

Ah...so they changed her wording.  That is unfortunate.   Thanks for the clarification.   So did you feel it was more "dramatic" than humorous last evening?   What were your overall impressions as a viewer?

My overall observations:

1.   Waiting to see how it is played out and suspect this is a long-term opener for something coming ahead.

2.   The original reason for Leonard leaving the apartment to "move in with Penny" was really weak.  I am shocked they didn't come up with something better or explain it better. I can see how a little trigger might have set it off had there been a huge build up over time (or if he had been looking for an excuse to move in with her).   But they didn't do a good job initiating this whole chain of events.   I am surprised the writers were so weak there.

3.   The "anger" that people talk about Amy having has a lot of "hurt" under it.  Don't disregard her hurt.  It is there which is why she confronts him like she does with anger.

4.   The unresolved ending - there really was no need to not bring about closure.   I am sure they will NOT address it next week...this was an opener for something several episodes down the road and will likely make more sense then.  But because they didn't bring closure, it comes across very unsettling.  While Penny may know more of where Sheldon's head is at, Amy doesn't.   No one knows where Penny's head is at.   Those are very unsettling.

5.    I see this is leading to more progress, even though it feels several steps backwards in some ways.  Sheldon does seem to put positive wording to thoughts of he and Amy living together which is important.   Penny does reiterate that she does love Leonard, which again is positive.  Just the writers did a poor job bringing out the "why's" so that everyone felt satisfied and because they have already made it obvious that good things area head for V-day...this episode's lack of closure was even more unsettling.

Edited by stardustmelody

Well, no, it was the same wording we saw the night it was filmed but of course when we repeat it back to you guys, it's not going to be the same. LOL. She never said, "...have sex with Amy in the future..." that was all me wording it wrong. LOL. She always used the word "physical." I would say it was a bit more dramatic than humorous, yes. Of course, there are lots of funny moments still but the over all feel of it: Leonard going off on Sheldon and then later Amy going off on Sheldon were pretty serious moments but that's just ME. You all may feel differently after it airs because we all can see the same thing and feel differently about it :-).

Again, still a bit annoyed that not a single apology was given from anyone....no resolution. In the words of Raj, "NOT COOL, DUDE." LOL!. Other than that, I really enjoyed it because it was so awesome seeing Leonard say that he doesn't care about the stupid roommate agreement and throws it in the trash. He finally grew some balls there. It was kinda odd that the argument started over Sheldon spoiling a Harry Potter book though but whatever, it needed to be said. That and Amy's little rant to him...fantastic.

Monique

I don't know what I think of the episode yet, but I think it shows growth and shows how they have grown but not fully yet. 

IS ANYONE GOIN TO 6.16 THO THATS THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION

Lorre, Kaplan and Holland should be legally forbidden from writing anything more together, even if it's a shopping list.

In the writers room : 

BP: How about coffeee, starbucks run? 

L, K, H : Sure, we'll write a list of what everyone wants!

You: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!